TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest slacklet

Nickelodeon to air classic shows all month

Guest Dynamite Kido
It was called "Today's Special", actually. The mannequin would "freeze up" when his hat fell off. I think there was also a puppet mouse character. My little brother watched it all the time.

Bingo. Thanks SS, i kinda thought I was off on the title......damn now I really feel old.

Guest slacklet
Here is an old nick show for everybody.  Who remembers Special Delivery?  It was a show where when it closed down the male manican would come alive and kinda hang out with this chick that worked in the toy store.  Actually.....I have no clue how the hell I watched this as a kid.....

That show was actually called Today's Special.

Special Delivery was a block of programming Nick ran Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 2-4.

It showed old animated films from pre-1985 (Rikki-Tikki-Tavi and Mouse And The Mayflower come to mind) along with random 1970's-1980's after-school specials.

I also remember Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics used to run during that block.

Guest slacklet

Alright - since this is a wrestling board after all.

Does anyone remember the special Nickelodeon showed around 1992 about Hulk Hogan's childhood?

Hogan did the intro, then they cut into what couldn't have been more than a 60 minute made-for-tv movie about how Hulk was always the fat kid and got picked on for his eating habits.

The beginning showed young Hulk at a picnic in an ice-cream eating competition. Needless to say, he owned all the other kids because he was fat as hell.

I remember Nickelodeon did a special along the same lines for Whoopi Goldberg who narrated her childhood.

Anyone remember this?

Guest slacklet
Yeah, it was called Stories from Growing Up.

The show was split between Hogan and Jamie Lee Curtis.

You just made my day.

Thanks man.

Guest Cerebus

What about Welcome Freshmen? Iloved that show b/c the 2nd season (I think) was the time I entered high school. Naturally, it was my favorite show. Also, I was just thinking about that "You Can't Do That On Televsion!" show but couldn't remember, for the life of me, what the name of it was. Now I'll get to see it again. :)

What about Welcome Freshmen? Iloved that show b/c the 2nd season (I think) was the time I entered high school. Naturally, it was my favorite show. Also, I was just thinking about that "You Can't Do That On Televsion!" show but couldn't remember, for the life of me, what the name of it was. Now I'll get to see it again. :)

I've been reading this thread and the whole time was ready to ask if anyone remembered that show! I used to think that show was so funny. The random parts where the prinicipal would just get up in his office and do stand-up with his secretary doing the drums.

I didn't know Nick was this old. What did they show in the early 80s on the network?

I WANT TO SEE LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE AND GLOBAL GUTS!

I'm old.

Guest slacklet
I've been reading this thread and the whole time was ready to ask if anyone remembered that show!  I used to think that show was so funny.  The random parts where the prinicipal would just get up in his office and do stand-up with his secretary doing the drums.

Best part was in gym class.

The boys gym teacher was Coach Roach, while the girl's gym teacher was Coach Roachelle (Coach Roach in drag).

We're going to do things...

::WHISTLE::

THE COACH ROACH WAY!

I didn't know Nick was this old. What did they show in the early 80s on the network?

I WANT TO SEE LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE AND GLOBAL GUTS!

I'm old.

Do you get the Nickelodeon GAS channel? Legends of the Hidden Temple is on right now.

Guest slacklet

Here's a schedule from 1982:

4/3/82 – 4/9/82

Saturday:

8:00am: Pinwheel

1:00pm: Matt & Jenny

1:30pm: Adventures In Rainbow Country

2:00pm: Spread Your Wings

2:30pm: What Will They Think Of Next?

3:00pm: The Adventures Of Black Beauty

3:30pm: The Tomorrow People

4:00pm: Reggie Jackson’s World Of Sports

5:00pm: Livewire

6:00pm: Spread Your Wings

6:30pm: Kids’ Writes

7:00pm: The Tomorrow People

7:30pm: The Adventures Of Black Beauty

8:00pm: Livewire

8:30pm: ARTS

Sunday:

1:00pm: You Can't Do That On Television

1:30pm: Spread Your Wings

2:00pm: The Adventures Of Black Beauty

2:30pm: Studio See

3:00pm: What Will They Think Of Next?

3:30pm: Livewire

4:30pm: The Tomorrow People

5:00pm: Reggie Jackson’s World Of Sports

5:30pm: His Majesty, The Scarecrow Of Oz (1914)

6:00pm: Studio See

6:30pm: Adventures Of Dinosaur Badlands

9:00pm: ARTS

Monday through Friday:

1:00pm: Dusty's Treehouse

1:30pm: Dusty's Treehouse

2:00pm: Vegetable Soup

2:30pm: Matt & Jenny (Mon, Thu) / Adventures In Rainbow Country (Tue, Fri) / You Can't Do That On Television (Wed)

3:00pm: What Will They Think Of Next?

3:30pm: The Amazing Mr. Blunden (1972) (Mon) / Spread Your Wings (Tue, Fri) / Studio See (Wed, Thu)

4:00pm: The Tomorrow People (Tue-Fri)

5:00pm: Livewire (Tue, Wed, Fri) / We Are All One People (Thu)

5:30pm: His Majesty, The Scarecrow Of Oz (1914) (Mon)

6:00pm: Matt & Jenny (Mon) / Adventures In Rainbow Country (Tue, Fri) / What Will They Think Of Next? (Wed) / Kids’ Writes (Thu)

6:30pm: What Will They Think Of Next? (Mon, Thu) / Spread Your Wings (Tue, Fri) / You Can't Do That On Television (Wed)

9:00pm: ARTS

Pinwheel (it's flagship show for the early 80's), You Can't Do That On Television (got the rights to it in 1982), and older shows from the 1950's and 1960's

It was called "Today's Special", actually. The mannequin would "freeze up" when his hat fell off. I think there was also a puppet mouse character. My little brother watched it all the time.

todaysspecial3.gif

I don't remember back that far (the 1982 schedule)

But I do remember circa 1984-5 when the last show was Dangermouse at 6:30, before the station went off-air until the next morning

Hmm, I wonder if "Mysterious Cities of Gold" will be up for voting...

Guest slacklet
Hmm, I wonder if "Mysterious Cities of Gold" will be up for voting...

Nickelodeon/Viacom doesn't own the rights to it anymore.

Same goes for most other pre-Nicktoons animated series that aired on the channel (World Of David The Gnome, Noozles, Adventures Of The Little Koala, etc.).

I'll believe it when I see it. As far as I know, Nick doesn't own the rights to ANY episodes of You Can't Do That on Television, and it's doubtful they'd be able to obtain them so quickly. The poll isn't even working right now, so it's likely that they're just going to fix the poll to have one of those other two lame shows win. I think both Clarissa and Alex Mack air on Noggin anywyas. Man do those shows suck.

I'll believe it when I see it. As far as I know, Nick doesn't own the rights to ANY episodes of You Can't Do That on Television, and it's doubtful they'd be able to obtain them so quickly. The poll isn't even working right now, so it's likely that they're just going to fix the poll to have one of those other two lame shows win. I think both Clarissa and Alex Mack air on Noggin anywyas. Man do those shows suck.

Proved wrong....