TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

Lockdown comments...

He doesn't like your stuff -- deal with it.

*collects $100 of royalties*

Technicals and Artistics will always argue about other people's matches and miss the holes in their own. A well written match with bad wrestling logic should DRAW with a badly written match with fantastic flowing wrestling. And if you have tons of both you should win.

Technicals and Artistics will always argue about other people's matches and miss the holes in their own. A well written match with bad wrestling logic should DRAW with a badly written match with fantastic flowing wrestling. And if you have tons of both you should win.

Oh, that's just an old wives' tale. <_>

Yeah, I think Dace's issue with the match wasn't the head-to-head, smash-mouth "Rar I hate matches that focus on the writing" that you seem to be implying. It's more that Dace is pretty gifted in the psychology department and something jumped out at him.

You're correct in pointing out that all of the writers deal with the writing/wrestling balance differently, but as you say, the best SWFers are going to be good with both. That's the purpose of the comments thread, as far as I'm concerned. It's a critique, not a slap on the back for participating. If you're weak on psych, then you're only going to get better if you can understand why a particular development of the match works or doesn't work.

It wasn't really a technical thing that stood out, though (to me, at least); it was the fact that he had MVS take a bump that would've killed someone (flipped back from the turnbuckle to the floor, on his head), and got right up. That's just completely unrealistic.

The alternative explanation involved figure skating.

Hmm my banner looks arse if you turn the brightness on your monitor up. Damn my dad's PC.