TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest glennsoe

Backstage news from pwinsider.com

Guest glennsoe

Those TNA workers that were going to Orlando for the Impact! tapings tonight left Nashville early this morning on a commercial flight. Talent were given ID passes for Universal Studios last night at the show.

From what I am hearing, the plan is to center Impact! around AJ Styles and the X Division. Styles is reportedly pushing for them to book a "Best Of Seven" series between himself and Christopher Daniels. Their singles matches on Independent shows lately have gotten rave reviews.

Backstage reaction to the "King Of The Mountain" match was mixed, with Vince Russo loving it, but Jeff Jarrett not being as happy with it. The bout itself was laid out by Raven and Terry Taylor. Considering the convoluted rules, I think they did a better job than anyone could have expected with it.

Shane Douglas was backstage, but not used on the show. Ricky Morton was there as well, as he is getting a tryout as an agent with the company. Larry Zbyszko was backstage, just to visit some friends. "Gorgeous George" Stephanie Bellars showing up last night was a surprise to many in the company, who hadn't heard anything about her being brought in.

The company is very high on D-Ray 3000, and plan on incorporating him on a regular basis.

Amazing Red was seen backstage favoring his right knee following his match with Frankie Kazarian.

The policy of "everyone staying until the end of the show" so that talent would be available for interviews, is over. A lot of the talent were gone before the main event. In a funny moment, ring announcer Jeremy Borash had told the fans that the loudest and rowdiest fans would get to go backstage after the show to meet the wrestlers. He specifically mentioned that Dusty Rhodes wanted to meet the loudest fans at the show. However, Dusty left almost immediately after his bout was over. In another Rhodes note, his interview was pre-taped due to his cursing two weeks ago.

The Asylum was said to be very hot, temperature wise, with a lot of staff, including Black Shirt Security, walking outside during the show since it was over 90 degrees inside.

Xplosion results:

- Elix Skipper defeated Dirk Ciglar.

- Teatas defeated David Young (continuing his losing streak gimmick).

- The Naturals defeated D-Roc & Jason Picallo.

- Chris Sabin defeated Conrad Kennedy

"From what I am hearing, the plan is to center Impact! around AJ Styles and the X Division. Styles is reportedly pushing for them to book a "Best Of Seven" series between himself and Christopher Daniels. Their singles matches on Independent shows lately have gotten rave reviews."

Now I can find two positives about Impact.

The other is...even though it's a crappy timeslot that not everyone will get (like me...) as long as TNA takes it seriously...their pay per views could become actual pay per views and less their TV show that you pay for.

Well, it looks as if Impact may turn out to be even better then "TNA". Wrestling wise. Because what I mostly care about is the Xdivision and the high flying and things anyways.

Just to bad I wont' be able to get Impact most of the time :'(..I only get FSN Atlantic, and Pacific and all those.

Well, it looks as if Impact may turn out to be even better then "TNA". Wrestling wise. Because what I mostly care about is the Xdivision and the high flying and things anyways.

Just to bad I wont' be able to get Impact most of the time :'(..I only get FSN Atlantic, and Pacific and all those.

Me too.

Buffalo doesn't have a Fox Sports.

Luckily my friend has Direct TV and gets a ton of the Fox Sports channels. I'll just have to watch on tape delay.

Guest Dynamite Kido
From what I am hearing, the plan is to center Impact! around AJ Styles and the X Division. Styles is reportedly pushing for them to book a "Best Of Seven" series between himself and Christopher Daniels. Their singles matches on Independent shows lately have gotten rave reviews.

If this is the case then maybe I should be giving TNA more credit then as this is extremely smart. X-Division matches would actually be a good idea as this is actually the one thing that the building they are in would benefit them. Jr/Cruiser/X-division matches ALWAYS come off better in a smaller setting. As far as the AJ/Daniels thing goes though, I doubt they would do it as nobody else in the company can work to the level of those two against each other and it might piss off guys in the locker room if this were to happen......I'd love it though.

Backstage reaction to the "King Of The Mountain" match was mixed, with Vince Russo loving it, but Jeff Jarrett not being as happy with it. The bout itself was laid out by Raven and Terry Taylor. Considering the convoluted rules, I think they did a better job than anyone could have expected with it.

This stuff cracks me up here though. Of course Russo is gonna love it...he created it. But JJ not liking it is the thing that kills me, especially considering that it was the best TNA JJ has participated in some time.

The company is very high on D-Ray 3000, and plan on incorporating him on a regular basis.

Well, I wasn't that big on him but he did seem to be a crowd favorite and could be a good comedy piece to add to the show for now. If he gets better in the ring maybe he could be a good addition to the X-division. But for now though he isn't anything special.

In another Rhodes note, his interview was pre-taped due to his cursing two weeks ago.

THAT WAS PRE-TAPED?!?!!! Considering I thought he was drunk while doing it(he was even more incoherent than normal), you figure they could have done a better promo than that one.

Xplosion results:

- Elix Skipper defeated Dirk Ciglar.

- Teatas defeated David Young (continuing his losing streak gimmick).

- The Naturals defeated D-Roc & Jason Picallo.

- Chris Sabin defeated Conrad Kennedy

I just wanted to point out that Dirk is a local Pittsburgh wrestler from a very underrated Indy called (IWC) International Wrestling Cartel, and it seems as if they have a working agreement with TNA as they feature a good bit of TNA talent on their shows(AJ/Daniels/Sabin just to name a few) but Dirk doesn't seem like he would work with Skipper very well(he's not X-division AT ALL).

A.J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels has been done so many times, why not A.J. Styles vs. Ron Killings? I probably have three Styles vs. Daniels matches on video and know of two or three other ones that have taken place in the last few months. After seeing Styles and Killings in the ring with each other two weeks ago, I definitely want to see more.

I'm definitely glad they may focus on the X division more. The six sided ring wouldn't make sense otherwise. Now if they get psychology in with their spots, it would be perfect.

Guest Donners

So is there any reason Gorgeous George is in other than to kill their chances of getting Savage?

The Asylum was said to be very hot, temperature wise, with a lot of staff, including Black Shirt Security, walking outside during the show since it was over 90 degrees inside.

I don't know where you got that information from but it really wasn't as bad as a few other times.

Those TNA workers that were going to Orlando for the Impact! tapings tonight left Nashville early this morning on a commercial flight. Talent were given ID passes for Universal Studios last night at the show.

Some of the wrestlers/staff took a flight last night to Orlando.

A.J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels has been done so many times, why not A.J. Styles vs. Ron Killings? I probably have three Styles vs. Daniels matches on video and know of two or three other ones that have taken place in the last few months. After seeing Styles and Killings in the ring with each other two weeks ago, I definitely want to see more.

And that's why they want to go with Daniels/Styles...the fact that it has been done a lot and they work well together, and secondly, the times that they have worked together the fans responded to greatly, so why not?

They can only have good matches, so that actually would be a good idea IMO.

normally i'd be against taking AJ out of the World Title picture. but if he's going to have a best of seven series with Christopher Fxcking Daniels, then i'm for it.

i just hope that while AJ is out of the title scene, JJJ will let someone else fued with him for the title and not make them look like a bitch. i've read the Impact spoilers, and i'm no totally convinced that that's the case. personally, i think we may be in for another Reign of Terror from good old Leonard.