TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

TNA News from the 6/7 Observer

After doing negotiations this week, the company did manage to get the TV into a nearly uniform 3 p.m. Friday start in most of the country, with 3 p.m. being the time in every time zone. The only exceptions at this point are New York, which airs Tuesday at 2:30 p.m., Philadelphia, which airs Saturday at midnight and the Comcast Mid Atlantic sports station that airs on Saturday at 4 a.m.

TNA officials were bragging during the week at how good the set in Orlando looks.

TNA was averaging 650 buys per week total in Canada as of a few months back. Viewers Choice Canada was happy with those figures. Numbers are believed to be down from that today.

They are talking with Samoa Joe about bringing him in with Jonny Fairplay. The company is back talking with Fairplay thinking his notoriety will help them when they start on TV. Fairplay suggested the idea of Joe, and the office people (who deep down hate ROH and while it's never said publicly, several close to the situation say it's a common theme) loved the idea of stripping ROH of its champion. There is no deal in place because Joe at this point has refused to bail on ROH without at least going out professionally, and as of the weekend, the negotiations had not reached the serious level.

Fox Sports Net wants a clean product, no women tearing clothes or suggestively dressed, no swearing and obviously is also means no blading. But the company is also pretty much under the gun when it comes to the PPVs, and while I don't know blood is banned forever, it will be used sparingly if at all.

Konnan was scheduled at both the PPV and TV tapings this week. He said good byes last week to some of his friends in the company saying he was going to WWE. He has not gotten a release, and due to tampering laws, WWE will not negotiate with him until he gets a release.

The reports are they purchased two different six-sided rings. Nobody has been clear whether the Wednesday shows will also use a six-sided ring or not, but I guess we'll know soon enough, although we did hear there were plans to set up the ring before the show on 6/2 so people could practice for 6/3.

Although Frank Goodman wrote on his web site that he wasn't going to book TNA talent because of the 15% surcharge deal, his next show on 6/19 in Franklin Square, NY has both Raven and D-Lo Brown booked.

Terry Taylor is trying to get back in for his agent/backstage role and he may have just been rehired. As noted before, his wife, after all these years, wanted him out of wrestling. He tried to do the right thing and got a job selling cars in the Atlanta area. He liked it so much he quit after his first day, and now is trying to get his wrestling job back.

The reports are they purchased two different six-sided rings. Nobody has been clear whether the Wednesday shows will also use a six-sided ring or not, but I guess we'll know soon enough, although we did hear there were plans to set up the ring before the show on 6/2 so people could practice for 6/3.

I was torn on this before, but after seeing Impact!, I think they should use the hexagon at the PPVs too. At this point, TNA needs anything to brand itself as different, and the ring definitely will help with that. They should make that the TNA ring so new fans don't feel like they are getting an "inferior" product when they buy a PPV.

This week would be as good a week as any to debut it with this X-heavy line-up. They could build it as the night the hexagon comes to PPV or something. I know they already have one in Nashville because the guys practiced in it before the show last week, so I think we'll eventually see it on PPV. I hope it's sooner rather than later though.

Guest JacK

Well, if they're going to use it on one, they might as well use it on the other. And they really should be loading the PPV's with X-Division match's, seeing as that is they're main selling point. An hour X-Division then an hour other stuff each week perhaps?

And I don't like blading that much - on some people it just looks wrong. On Raven though it works fine, since his face has been a tad mongrelated and all. Though the lack of swearing may make them appear a tad tame, I mean the WWE's tame enough as it is.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Joe won't bail on RoH. I think everyone knows that one already.

The six sided ring would work I think. Abyss worked well in it, so I think that the rest of the guys could work in it...

I think its a better idea to keep the six sided ring Impact exclusive. You hook them that way, set up a match for Wednesday and because it's taking place in the traditional 4 sided ring, it makes it seem just a tad more important...

I like that.

Dames

Negative...Impact is to get people to order the PPV's. What I think TNA's best course of action for right now would be to keep Impact the way it is, hype up their PPV's and demonstrate to Fox Sports that it's worth keeping them on.

THEN, convince Fox Sports to air the 2 hour Wednesday show on Fox Sports and air a monthly PPV at 20 bucks or so.

Dames

TNA was averaging 650 buys per week total in Canada as of a few months back. Viewers Choice Canada was happy with those figures. Numbers are believed to be down from that today.

Too funny.

They are talking with Samoa Joe about bringing him in with Jonny Fairplay. The company is back talking with Fairplay thinking his notoriety will help them when they start on TV. Fairplay suggested the idea of Joe, and the office people (who deep down hate ROH and while it's never said publicly, several close to the situation say it's a common theme) loved the idea of stripping ROH of its champion. There is no deal in place because Joe at this point has refused to bail on ROH without at least going out professionally, and as of the weekend, the negotiations had not reached the serious level.

Just pathetic.

The six sided ring would work I think. Abyss worked well in it, so I think that the rest of the guys could work in it...

I think so. Originally, I was afraid only the X matches would good in it, but the tag match, and Abyss' match like you said, came off really well in it also.

the 6 sided ring is something totally different. People might want to see different. I love the ring. I wouldn't mind seeing it every now and then on Wednesdays. Just not every time. Everyone adapted real well to it. Eric Young looked a little confused by it at one point in there, but i seemed like everyone else took to it like a duck on water.

I love the hexagon.

Guest Donners

I love the way people who write this stuff are able to attribute words or thoughts to people with no evidence and be immediately believed by some.

And I doubt they ever will, considering RoH has been great to Samoa Joe, and after seeing what TNA did to CM Punk, I doubt he'll ever leave unless he absolutely has to.

Fox Sports Net wants a clean product, no women tearing clothes or suggestively dressed, no swearing and obviously is also means no blading. But the company is also pretty much under the gun when it comes to the PPVs, and while I don't know blood is banned forever, it will be used sparingly if at all.

Then I guess we have to get rid of boxing from FSN, since there's bloodshed and actual violence in that. Football too, since the cheerleaders are often seen scantily clad, and the players curse freely, it seems.

Konnan was scheduled at both the PPV and TV tapings this week. He said good byes last week to some of his friends in the company saying he was going to WWE. He has not gotten a release, and due to tampering laws, WWE will not negotiate with him until he gets a release.

Meh.

Use it. Might make the Wednesday show seem different than your average SmackDown or Raw, aside from quality, in some manner.

Terry Taylor is trying to get back in for his agent/backstage role and he may have just been rehired. As noted before, his wife, after all these years, wanted him out of wrestling. He tried to do the right thing and got a job selling cars in the Atlanta area. He liked it so much he quit after his first day, and now is trying to get his wrestling job back.

COCK A DOODLE DOO!

i don't think Joe will show up in TNA, either. not in the forseeable future, at least.

i think Fairplay could still be a good manager, though. he's decent enough when he's JUST A MANAGER. i'd rather have Fairplay managing Abyss instead of seeing the whole Goldy/Watts shit. Fairplay/Abyss could be the next Heenan/Andre pair.

i'm kind of torn about the ring, though. on one hand, the hexagon would definitely make the shows look different and new. plus, it helps to keep shittier workers out of the ring. on the other hand, the 4 sided ring is more traditional. maybe TNA should keep them both, as i'd like to see certain guys work in both.

oh yeah, and here's hoping Konnan gets released.

And I doubt they ever will, considering RoH has been great to Samoa Joe, and after seeing what TNA did to CM Punk, I doubt he'll ever leave unless he absolutely has to.

Yeah, because Punk didn't contribute AT ALL to his own situation there, did he.

Speaking as a non-card carrying ROH mark, I don't have the same baggage, and thus I can say that I hope to see Joe in TNA. I've been pulling for that for months.

I like Samoa Joe more and more every week.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I love shit like this. Why is it, when a company PAYS to get a slot on a channel not only do they demand that they tone down the show on their channel but they also want to censor the PPV telecast that FSN has nothing to do with? I understand that TNA promotes the PPV's on the FSN show, but this is a little much.

Joe ain't coming.....get over TNA fans....it won't happen.

Even if Joe did come over, they'd probably stick him in a tag team with Siaki or Ekmo. It wouldn't be worth it.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Even if Joe did come over, they'd probably stick him in a tag team with Siaki or Ekmo. It wouldn't be worth it.

Surprisingly......they wouldn't be that stupid.......

Even if Joe did come over, they'd probably stick him in a tag team with Siaki or Ekmo.  It wouldn't be worth it.

Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't...

Guest Dynamite Kido
Even if Joe did come over, they'd probably stick him in a tag team with Siaki or Ekmo.  It wouldn't be worth it.

Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't...

It simple...they wouldn't have the chance to do it. Joe would never EVER come under those circumstances. But IMHO, he won't come at all.

Guest Donners
Joe ain't coming.....get over TNA fans....it won't happen.

Actually, I couldn't care less either way.