TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Suprising moves that a wrestler has used.

vaders moonsault always wowed me. Lex Luger racking the giant ranks up there in my eyes as it was shocking to most.

so I see that Samoa Joe is becoming very well know on the net. I used to see him at my local socal indies for years (from 98-01) and who'd a thunk it, now he's making a name for himself. Though he was a good wrestler when I saw him (really was agile for a bigger guy even back then), I guess he improved even more for the smarks to be gushing. Cuz here he basically was in a tag team with a fat samoan rikishi wannabe guy. but he was cool and would talk to the fans after the show.

Guest wildpegasus

Scott Steiner giving a tilt a whirl slam to Sid Viscious. NOt only did he do it but it was done with great technique.

Juventud Guerrera hit an F5-style TKO to, I believe, Johnny Devine or Petey Williams during the final 8-man of the Canada/Mexico X-Cup. He lifted him up in the fireman's carry, swung them off F5-style, and then twisted his own body to come down with an Ace Crusher.

And seeing Goldberg Jackhammer The Giant for the very first time on TV, when Bill held him up there for, like, 10 seconds, was great.

And seeing Goldberg Jackhammer The Giant for the very first time on TV, when Bill held him up there for, like, 10 seconds, was great.

It's even more impressive when you consider the fact that The Giant was really putting the weight on in 1998 as well.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

that Jackhammer was the coolest shit i'd seen at the time.

Juventud Guerrera hit an F5-style TKO to, I believe, Johnny Devine or Petey Williams during the final 8-man of the Canada/Mexico X-Cup. He lifted him up in the fireman's carry, swung them off F5-style, and then twisted his own body to come down with an Ace Crusher.

Didn't Jerry Lynn used to do it? At the start of TNA.

Didn't Jerry Lynn used to do it? At the start of TNA.

No. Lynn just used the regular TKO, where he swung them off behind him, holding onto their head. Juvi swung them off in FRONT of him, like for an F5, but then twisted his own body and hit a Cutter.

Guest Trivia247

Not really a surprise because people knew he could do it, but he did it in the WWF....

Wrestlefest 1994....

the Hart brothers vs The Steiner bros...

Scott Steiner Busted out on Owen hart, a Dragon Suplex and the Steiner Screw Driver! Owen sold them like he got shot.

Not really a surprise because people knew he could do it, but he did it in the WWF....

Wrestlefest 1994....

the Hart brothers vs The Steiner bros...

Scott Steiner Busted out on Owen hart, a Dragon Suplex and the Steiner Screw Driver! Owen sold them like he got shot.

Sounds like a typical WWF Steiner Brothers match. My god the Steiner brothers were just total dicks when they fought people in the WWF.

Anyhoo, I was watching TNA the other day and I saw Raven bust out the superkick. I never knew he did a superkick.

I think someone posted a picture in another thread where Andre the Giant was about to tombstone someone.

HBK busting out the sitout powerbomb on Ken Shamrock at Degeneration-X was pretty mind blowing for me.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I was surprised to see Chavo Guerrero Sr.'s moonsault on this past SmackDown!.

You beat me to it there Donkey but I gotta say Super Crazy's moonsault from the balcony when he returened to ECW at the November to Remember PPV. I started chanting holy shit I couldn't beleave what I saw.

I think it was on Nitro back in 1996 or 1997 when Scott Stiener was facing the Giant. This was back when Stiener was the curly haired guy that still was a tag team with Rick. The Giant was running at Scott and he did a belly -to back Suplex on him. The crowd was silent when that occured, because they couldn't believe what they saw.

Another one was right when the Radicals entered the WWF. There was a 10 person tag featuring HHH, X-Pac, Benoit, Malenko and Staturn vs Foley, Rock, Rikishi, and Too Cool. Benoit came in a hit a Release German Suplex on Rikishi, that surprised everyone Lawler nearly lost it when that occured.

Guest Trivia247

Mr.Perfect's Final Comeback...

He Perfect Plexed the Big Show!

sure he only got a 2 count but the point is he actually got a 500 pounder in a Fisherman Suplex Lift and Bridge. was like holy shit ...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

MMA-Taker.

Whenever Taker does the no hands plancha it's just "WOW" considering he didn't do it until 1997!

Guest Rrrsh
Chris Jericho doing the Suplex to sitout piledriver move on Juventud Guerrera on a PPV. Not sure if it was the mask match or not.

Isnt the phrase "Sitdown Piledriver" redundunt?

Guest Trivia247
Chris Jericho doing the Suplex to sitout piledriver move on Juventud Guerrera on a PPV.  Not sure if it was the mask match or not.

No I don't think so because a regular piledriver has the position between the knees that holds the head from getting damaged and a sitout Piledriver just sits back and knocks the guy head and neck first onto the mat.

Guest Rrrsh
Chris Jericho doing the Suplex to sitout piledriver move on Juventud Guerrera on a PPV.  Not sure if it was the mask match or not.

No I don't think so because a regular piledriver has the position between the knees that holds the head from getting damaged and a sitout Piledriver just sits back and knocks the guy head and neck first onto the mat.

But in a Piledriver, you need to sit down. So that name is really retarded.

I get that the moves is diffrent, the name is just dumb.

Rrrsh you're right on this one.

1) You're on about the Dolphin Driver (Suplex to Piledriver, as oppossed to the Steiner Screwdriver which is a Suplex to Inverted Piledriver)

2) All Piledrivers are Sitdown. (Ok, there's some leyway due to the size of some people's legs like Rhino, meaning they can almost sitout and still follow 3).

3) All Piledrivers are protected headbumps.

4) Any unprotected dones become Vertical Sheer Drop Powerbomb version (eg Thesz Ganso Bomb was a Release Piledriver and became the first Powerbomb and is now a Vertical Sheer Drop Release Powerbomb)

Guest Ray

Rock busting out a Perfectplex and a La Magistral pin against Van Dam in 2001.

Austin doing a pescado on PN News in WCW.

Kane's Inverted Suplex at Over the Edge '99 and D'Lo Brown's Catapult Corner Quebrada on the same PPV.

Also - seeing Tony DeVito do a moonsault in ROH. It was the first time I saw him do the move.

I'll post more as I think of them.

DeVito used to do a moonsault all the time in ECW, Lucharesu, so if that's the first time you saw him do it...wow. He did one that looked REALLY good at, I think, Hardcore Heaven 2000 onto Nova. He also did one off of the perch where Joey and Cyrus were commentating onto somebody, too.

I remember rumors that a younger, skinnier Giant/Big Show could do a moonsault as well... was that really true though?

Apparently so.

I've read (in Power Slam) that he performed the move while at the Power Plant but it was never used on TV because nobody wanted to take it.

Can't say I blame them.