TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Suprising moves that a wrestler has used.

I can't remember the year but it was Starcade Flair vs Vader. Flair goes up to the top rope and actually hits Vader with a jumping chop or axe handle. Surprising because I saw this match just recently, after having seen Flair get caught and thrown for the 2,346th consecutive time over the past 10+ years.

A few power moves that shocked me were The Giant vs. Loch Ness. Nessy was well over 500 lbs and Wight picked him up for a slam and just held him there for over 5 seconds like it was nothing. Also Goldberg vs The Giant, the mentioned Jackhammer was impressive but the throws in that match were equally impressive. Goldie just tossed him from one side of the ring to the other with very little apparent help from Wight.

Albert military pressed Kane during a match on Smackdown a few years ago (same match in which Kane did the hurracanrana). Almost frightening to see such strength.

Road Dogg doing a moonsault on Raw, though I had previously heard of him doing it. Also Rodney of the MSP executing a moonsault on Heat.

Kawada doing a handspring elbow and several pescados (one almost a somersault) at Champion Carnival 95. Johnny Ace winning a match with a moonsault on the same show.

Shane McMahon's SSP at KOTR 2001.

Chyna military-pressing Eddy Guererro - only time I've seen a woman do this to a man (I use the term "woman" VERY loosely).

Angle's moonsault off the cage and Benoit's top rope German suplex in their famous Raw cage match, as well as Benoit's headbutt from the top of the cage.

Jack Evans' Phoenix 630 from the top rope to the floor. I saw this live and was absolutely blown away - didn't even think it was possible to rotate so many times. I've also seen a clip of a guy named Ricochet doing a double moonsault - just crazy.

Is it true that Mark Henry used a shooting star press in OVW?

I remember one of the first times (I think) Benoit used his top of cage diving headbutt, against Malenko in a US Title tourny match (I think) sorry I dont know the date.

The fact Benoit just paused at the top of the cage for several seconds then dived off. The fact he actually hit Malenko as well....damn.

I'd really worry if Mark Henry was busting out an SSP. Sure you're not mixing it with the famed Brock one?

Kane doing a Flying Huracanrana

D'Lo Brown doing a Catapult Corner Corkscrew Somersault Senton (John Kronus' move, but he captaulted from the apron and did it picture perfectly) at Over the Edge '99

The first time I saw the SAT do the Spanish Fly (vs. The Backseat Boyz in the PWF)

I'd really worry if Mark Henry was busting out an SSP. Sure you're not mixing it with the famed Brock one?

There was a rumour flying around that Henry lost a lot of weight (before bulking up again) and was able to pull one off in OVW. I never heard of any confirmation on this. Personally I don't believe it happened.

I can't believe I forgot this one - should have been the first post in the thread:

In the 1992 Royal Rumble match, Big Bossman busts out an AWESOME roundhouse kick. I can't remember who the recipient was (possibly Duggan or Piper), but Bossman kicks him right in the face, and it's fantastic. You'd miss it if you blinked, though.

Not sure if this was said but...

Chris Benoit's Powerbomb to Eddie Guerrero on a Nitro in 1996... I thought Eddie was dead..and I think the crowd did as well.

Another would be Paul London's dropsault on one guy, landing with a moonsault on another guy on the ground. Unbelieveable.

the First time I seen Shawn Michaels vs Razor.. I was just wowed. So many moves I was just like my god.. cuz I was little.

Austin doing a fujiwa armbar on Benoit in the ME the RAW after Survivor Series 2000. I thought that match was awesome because it should me Austin could pull off some great technical wrestling whenever he wanted to. :)

Guest Loss
Austin doing a pescado on PN News in WCW.

That was AWESOME! I remember watching that live and marking out like a little bitch.

Guest Loss

Kevin Nash busting out a hands free pescado on Mabel at Summerslam '95 is number one. Lex Luger doing a flying bodypress on Barry Windham (and missing) at Chi-Town Rumble '89 is a close second.

Guest wildpegasus
I remember one of the first times (I think) Benoit used his top of cage diving headbutt, against Malenko in a US Title tourny match (I think) sorry I dont know the date.

The fact Benoit just paused at the top of the cage for several seconds then dived off. The fact he actually hit Malenko as well....damn.

The first time Benoit used the headbutt off of the cage was in a tag match on Thunder with Malenko against Brian Adams and Horace Hogan to see who'd go to Superbrawl to face Henning and Whindam for the tag belts

It was the most memorable, best set up and exciting headbutt (though the Malenko probably hurt Benoit more) because of it when it was executed during the match. Benoit got a standing ovation for it. Pretty good tag match overall too.

Guest Loss
The Frakensteiner Scott hit Ron Simmons with at Clash of Champions IX. Amazing.

The Steiners faced Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey at Clash IX. They faced Doom at Clash X and they faced them before that at Halloween Havoc '89. Scott debuted the move at Clash VIII on both Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin.

The Frakensteiner Scott hit Ron Simmons with at Clash of Champions IX. Amazing.

The Steiners faced Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey at Clash IX. They faced Doom at Clash X and they faced them before that at Halloween Havoc '89. Scott debuted the move at Clash VIII on both Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin.

Yeah I know. But Ron Simmons did a run-in, and caught a wicked Frankensteiner. I think Nitron interfered in that match too.

Guest 11and0baby

First time I saw Scott Steiner do a frakenstiener was like WOW!!

And Benoit's Overhead Release German that flips them over is amazing.

And The first time I saw the Vertebreaker

The first time I saw Paul Burchill...

DOING ANYTHING...

That man shouldn't be able to do what he does... C4 anyone?

New Jack doing a belly-to-belly in TNA. Who knew he had it in him.

Id also like to say pretty much all of Balls Mahoneys match against RVD at Anarchy Rulz '99. I seriously would not have expected him to carry a match as well as he did.

And Benoit's Overhead Release German that flips them over is amazing.

God, that was so fucking crazy with Benoit/Angle/Rey doing it all the time in late 2002. I knew all about that move, and when I saw them build up to it at Rumble 2003 and do it, I fucking shat myself at the Fleet Center.

And Brock doing it at Mania 19 was even more fucking crazy.

Too bad they don't do it anymore. It was sick.

The first time I saw Paul Burchill...

DOING ANYTHING...

That man shouldn't be able to do what he does... C4 anyone?

Ditto.

Standing Moonsault; Standing Shooting Star; vaulting over the ropes; C4 (1-man Spanish Flying). Totally fucking awesome.

DISCLAIMER: All of those reading Mr C Man's posts do so at their own risk. Mr C Man accepts no responsibility for any rude language.