TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrigidSoul

411 writer Eric Szulczewski spits on Reagan's tomb

Guest FrigidSoul

LINK~

I think every U.S. citizen should either boycott 411 now or write a letter to the person running the site about stuff like this. I mean it hasn't even been a week and a bajillion of their Canadian born writers are pissing on Reagan's grave. Try to tell them they're foolish about it and they call you right wing filth. I personally am deleting the 411 links from my favorite places.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Fuck 411. All they do is copy & paste news from Meltzer or the Torch. I use to read Scott Keiths stuff, but he's gotten seriously lazy, and nothing else is interesting.

Damn canadians...oh shit, I shouldn't say that.

Dam disrespectful Canadians.

411 is complete garbage. I used to go to that site all the time but they got really crappy. I only got part way down in that article and it pissed me off and made me realize why I stopped going there.

Guest FrigidSoul

I guess I'm just surprised that some people could be so utterly disrespectful. I mean if a former Canadian prime minister died you wouldn't hear people in the U.S. going "Rot in hell" on the issue. I think the worst people in North America are closed minded Canadian Left Wingests. They don't respect anything and try to force their opinions on you. If you disagree then your right wing filth.

Scott Keith also badmouthed Reagan on his blog:

Jun. 7th, 2004 @ 12:08 pm

Just wanted to get off a quick rant about Ronnie Reagan, who has posthumously become a hero of American lore thanks to CNN, and while you don't want to see anyone suffer a painful death in their waning years, I hated Reagan and his politics and specifically his terrifying ideas of building up massive amounts of nuclear weapons as a deterrent to war so much that I just can't share in the love for him now that he's dead. I am, at the very least, glad that he's dead and can now sleep well again. The Bushes may be warmongers, but at least it was only a ground war with a country that wasn't a threat to destroy the world -- Reagan actually moved the Doomsday clock forward more than a few notches on his very own.

I never go there anyway, but this cements the fact that I never will. Some people want to so bad look big and bad and important, and in the end the only result that they accomplish is that of showing them for the fools that they truly are.

Guest FrigidSoul

I thought Eric S was. If he's an American citizen I hope somebody on the streets beats him up.

I do know that Scott Keith and one of the 411 Music Reviewers are Canadian though and have shat on Reagan's memory.

Let's not give too much more attention to this. Just take it as a twat being a twat, the kind of twat that everyone knows they are. I'll send an email, and just wont ever visit the site.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I retract my statement about ignorant Canadians....and now it's just directed at Scott Keith. Fat bastard. I'm glad he had to move in with his mother (code name: girlfriend).

That will be the last of the SK bashing because him being mentioned here is wrong.

I was unaware though that Canadians like SK actually CARED about american politics.

I thought Eric S was. If he's an American citizen I hope somebody on the streets beats him up.

I do know that Scott Keith and one of the 411 Music Reviewers are Canadian though and have shat on Reagan's memory.

Eric S is from Chicago. He got fired from thesmarks after 9.11 when he said some disparaging things about Barbara Olsen.

And 411 has lots of good writers who don't think of President Reagan as a bad guy. I'm one of them. Well except for the good writer part

I was unaware though that Canadians like SK actually CARED about american politics.

Yeah, just like how you guys are concerned with our politics.

Guest FrigidSoul

First off, let me say this isn't a Scott Keith bash thread where people are going to use the same tired insults on him. This is a serious issue that he's decided to put his know-nothing opinion on.

The problem with the Scott Keith's and Trevor(whatever his last name is...their music reviewer) is they shit on the American political system and yet do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to better their Canadian government. Perhaps if they actually shut their mouths and put some concern into their own government their dollar wouldn't be worth 70cents here.

I've placed this link up before, but if you want to see Trevor's "King of his own world" attitude then skim through this.

Guest TheAustralian

I cant understand this,

If John Howard died, I doubt anyone in America would give a shit (I wouldn't even give a shit),

To tell you the truth his death didnt bother me either way, why should the rest of the world be in mourning,

I just dont get it,

You cant even watch the factor, with out Bill telling the world how great the man was.

Guest FrigidSoul

bob, you should really think about leaving the site and perhaps bringing your work here or somewhere else exclusively. I pick on ya, and its all in good fun as I never intend to actually offend you so don't be shocked with me here saying that you're a good guy and above all of that stuff. You shouldn't want to be a part of a site that condones that type of behavior from their staff.

Guest FrigidSoul
To tell you the truth his death didnt bother me either way, why should the rest of the world be in mourning,

I just dont get it

Nobody is saying that the world should mourn President Reagan's death. HOWEVER, they could respect the fact the man just died rather than piss all over his memory.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Don't forgot, our country is the big bully of the world.

Guest TheAustralian

But surely we need a bit of perspective on the man, with Fox, Cnn and the like telling us how great the man was we need to remember the bad things this man did,

Guest FrigidSoul

Well then when you die I hope people that dislike you go spouting off the things they disliked about you to your loved ones, since that's what you're condoning here.

You pick on me? I DEMAND TO SEE WHERE.

I'm just kidding- I never get offended. I mean I'm the guy who got scared at Harry Potter.

I disagree with pretty much everything Eric S says but I know he says stuff just to shock people.

I say some pretty offensive stuff too (I'm smart enough to keep it out of my ROH reviews) so it'd be pot kettle black.

Eric S is an asshole but I just ignore him. I think his tendency to say whatever is on his mind is what got him the 411 gig in the first place. His hatred for The Rock is quite sad

Ha. I was wondering how long it would take for an Eric S. thread to appear at this place. Personally, I stopped taking anything he says seriously when, after years of bitching about Bush stealing the 2000 Election, he barely said a word other than "the good guys won this time" about the NJ Senate race in 2002, but that's just me.

For all of you offended at this guy's column think about this. When Reagan passed away, people (I have no idea how many, but I'll be willing to say thousands) waited up to half a day in order to pay their respects (which, from what I've been hearing would last only a minute or so) to the former POTUS.

Do you think Eric S. will get the same kind of treatment when his clock gets punched?

EDIT: That's it?! Wow, I thought Eric S. went rather easy on him myself...

I don't like Reagan, and I agree with a lot of things Eric S. brought up in his article. However, "Burn in hell, you motherfucking cocksucker. Burn in hell" is just a bit tasteless. While, as I said, I don't like the man, comments such as that should not be used.

On the other hand, the news are treating him like the epitome of all that's good in this world, and I can understand the frustration if you disagree. Just because someone dies doesn't mean that they become an amazing person.

Don't get me wrong, the past ten years of his life are tragic, and in a way I'm glad he died, but only so as to stop the pain and suffering, not because of how he was as a man. He lived a very long life and managed to do more in it than most of us will ever accomplish, and though I disagree with a lot of that, it is admirable, I guess.

And as for The Australian, you have to understand that Sunday morning the news of Reagan's passing was the only news story. Literally. They had him dying, than the sport, than the weather. That was frustrating for us.

Guest thebigjig

I can't believe you guys are shocked... I would've been shocked if he HADNT have said those things

this is the same guy that literally cheered Barbara Olsen's death... and while I personally think she was a bitch, his remarks, mere days after 9/11 were in the poorest of taste

Oh, while we're on the subject of death, I'm calling it now:

When Reagan's memory is honored at the GOP Convention, either Big Media, the DNC, or both, will try to compare it to that political rally that was disguised as Paul Wellstone's funeral a few years ago...

Guest netslob

ok, i'm probably gonna get banned for this ('cause heaven forbid i show a dissenting opinion), but who cares. it's just ONE man's opinion. Eric has said more then once over the years that he hates Reagan...not just dislikes, HATES him. and he posted a good number of reasons for that hate. is he just supposed to forget all that just because Reagan died?

now, to be honest, i, personally, couldn't care less. i have nothing against Reagan personally or politically, so i'm neutral. just call me net-"Switzerland"-slob. but if even half of the reasons Eric presented are true, i'd say his hate is justified. at least he's honest. at least he's not making himself a hypocrite and flip-flopping on his stance just because Reagan's dead. at least he's not afraid to give his opinion, especially when he knows (and he HAS to know) the "controversy" he'd create by expressing those opinions so soon after Reagan's death. he'll get fire-bombed with hate-mail and people demanding he get thrown off of 411. he'll probably even get death-threats. but it's JUST his opinion. yeah, it's unpopular, and maybe even tasteless, but it's just an opinion. relax, it's not that big a deal.

Guest FrigidSoul

I've only been skimming through the 411 columns since mid 2003, so it did surprise me.

Guest Anglesault

Eric S is from Chicago. He got fired from thesmarks after 9.11 when he said some disparaging things about Barbara Olsen.

I believe he called the plane smashing into the Pentagon a good thing because she was on it.

Guest Anglesault
ok, i'm probably gonna get banned for this ('cause heaven forbid i show a dissenting opinion), but who cares. it's just ONE man's opinion. Eric has said more then once over the years that he hates Reagan...not just dislikes, HATES him. and he posted a good number of reasons for that hate.

Including this gem.

Destroying the Twenty-Year Rule by surviving Hinckley's shots.

I hope Eric's ceiling caves in on him.