TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

ESPN NFL 2K5 Thread

Guest Askewniverse

Awesome stuff. The VIP system and classic games mode should be pretty cool. I liked ESPN better than Madden last year and it looks like this year won't be any different.

I'll have to settle for the PS2 version (unless I decide to get an Xbox), but either way, ESPN NFL 2005 should kick ass.

Guest Ronixis

Now this is what I am talking about!

^_^

OMG!

Has VC done it? Beat Madden in his own GAME?

We will see.

Guest Flyboy
Has VC done it? Beat Madden in his own GAME?

We will see.

2K3 > Madden 2003.. I didn't play 2K4, but I bought Madden 2004 and was hardly impressed. Madden hasn't really done anything this year that makes me say, "WOW! I MUST GET THE GAME!"

ESPN NFL 2K5 = $19.99?

A excellent game for that price? I am there. I remember buying ESPN's College Basketball game for $30. Great game, too bad it was filled with mucho bugs. As long as ESPN NFL 2k5 doesn't suffer from that, that price is an absolute steal.

Guest Askewniverse

If the $19.99 price tag is true, it makes my decision that much easier. I was going to buy ESPN anyway, but in doing so, not only do I (presumably) get a better football game, but I save $30. Snoogans.

Guest Flyboy
ESPN NFL 2K5 = $19.99?

A excellent game for that price? I am there. I remember buying ESPN's College Basketball game for $30. Great game, too bad it was filled with mucho bugs. As long as ESPN NFL 2k5 doesn't suffer from that, that price is an absolute steal.

ESPN College Hoops is an EXCELLENT game -- there are a few bugs here and now, but overall I enjoy it. It's really a great basketball game.

ESPN College Hoops is an EXCELLENT game -- there are a few bugs here and now, but overall I enjoy it.

I'd have to agree with you here. I just hated when I was in a conference tournament and it suddenly started looping infinitely, or when I couldn't reload my dynasty mode after awhile, usually right when I had my team the way I liked it. I wanted to lead IUPUI to another title to another National Championship, dammit!

Guest Flyboy
ESPN College Hoops is an EXCELLENT game -- there are a few bugs here and now, but overall I enjoy it.

I'd have to agree with you here. I just hated when I was in a conference tournament and it suddenly started looping infinitely, or when I couldn't reload my dynasty mode after awhile, usually right when I had my team the way I liked it.

Never had these... I had a player dive for the ball and they stay down FOREVER. And, some gameplay errors such as on a fast break if you pass the ball ahead then CPU (for either the CPU team or YOU) will jump and usually ALWAYS miss the ball meaning an easy lay-up/dunk, on a fast break when you have a player in front and they just STOP at the three-point line, and some other mistakes, but that's about it.

Looks like I'll be getting ESPN this year.

"Want a "byoing-oing-oing!" when the visiting team fumbles? If you put it on your hard drive, you can make it so" = GOLD~!

That price has to be a typo. I've always been a Madden loyalist and I was planning on getting it again this year, but shit, if ESPN really is $19.99, I'll buy both just for the hell of it.

That article was lovely. I want ESPN now, poor 2K4 just seems lame in comparison. And for 20 bucks? I don't see why you would pay 30 bucks extra for Madden.

Gamecube owners who want a new football game this year will be.

Nice. I bought NFL 2K3 in December (which I still continue to play) for $29.99, which I considered a good deal. This is amazing.

Guest Askewniverse
Nice. I bought NFL 2K3 in December (which I still continue to play) for $29.99, which I considered a good deal. This is amazing.

I'd hate to say it, but I think you got screwed. I managed to get a new copy of NFL 2K3 for only $5 at EB last September.

I'd hate to say it, but I think you got screwed. I managed to get a new copy of NFL 2K3 for only $5 at EB last September.

I'm talking Canadian money here, though.

It's $14.99 for a donut around here.

And that's without tax.

Guest Askewniverse
Of course, yeah Im pissed that Sega won't make any sports titles available for the Gamecube.

Why did Sega stop making sports titles on GameCube? Lack of sales? Lack of interest?

And that's without tax.

Sorry, my mistake. Even if you convert Canadian dollars into U.S. dollars, aren't those prices still relatively expensive?

I think Kotz or somebody needs to come in here with a "Whoosh!"

Anyway, yeah, games are entirely overpriced in Canada. I remember paying like $80 to $90 Canadian for games I could get for $40 to $50 in the US. I believe it has something to do with importing.

Sounds like ESPN is busting out their trump card against Madden's Exclusive Rights to the NFLPA.

Madden: "Ha! You can't say any player names or likenesses!"

ESPN: "But our game is going to be 20 bucks! Ha! Try doing that with that billion dollar agreement you just signed."

Madden: "OMG! I AMZ THE PWN3D!"

ESPN: "LOL2K5 U SUMBITCH!!!111"

And that's without tax.

Sorry, my mistake. Even if you convert Canadian dollars into U.S. dollars, aren't those prices still relatively expensive?

WHOOSH

I do what I can, Will.

Sounds like ESPN is busting out their trump card against Madden's Exclusive Rights to the NFLPA.

Madden: "Ha! You can't say any player names or likenesses!"

ESPN: "But our game is going to be 20 bucks! Ha! Try doing that with that billion dollar agreement you just signed."

Madden: "OMG! I AMZ THE PWN3D!"

ESPN: "LOL2K5 U SUMBITCH!!!111"

Does that liscense thing go into effect this year for Madden? Because the price for 2k5 would make sense if they don't have a players liscense (because they wouldn't have to pay for the players liscense).

And if thats the case, then I really cant see ESPN selling that well despite the low price. Every review will mention the fact that its not liscensed and most people who buy sports games will be confounded by the fact that they can't play as their favorite player. And I know that you could go in and edit players, but with a football game that would be an exceptionally long and difficult task.

Guest Flyboy
Last I read, every party involved said that no such deal ever existed.

What he said.