TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janusd

Promo: Reprieve

Space is a place that's usually, very, very empty. Aside from the stars and the planets and the numerous other things such as black holes and comets, nothing much really happens. But occasionally, there's a satellite, and it's one of these satellites that gets our attention. Particularly the interior, in which there is a darkened living room with a large monitor on one wall. A monitor that flickers to life to reveal a furry, lupine figure reclining on a throne, with a piece of paper in one hand. It inspected the living room for a few moments. Sitting on the floor, illuminated only by the monitor sits a less-than-human figure.

"Ah, Ebony." the figure on the wall speaks. "I assume the other two are asleep."

"Let me guess, you called now to wake them up so you could run us through the grinder with part three, Akaimet. If you were right here, do you know what I'd do?"

"You've gone through the speech twice already, my dear. Actually, what I have here is a requisition form for your presence on another world, courtesy of one Alexander Zenon. Do you remember the name?"

Ebony - illuminated in the monitor light as a figure with long black hair, twitching musteline ears and a ferret-like face - cocked her head slightly to one side. Her black catsuit seemed to absorb the light, as she thinks on the name.

"He's the one who paid you to let me go on down to his world and hurt a few guys. A pity I'm not allowed to kill the stupid guys. He wants to talk to me again about it, I take it."

"How do you feel about postponing part three for that? I'm sending you a copy now, and he's paying exceptionally well for this one. Something about it being a Pay Per View..."

Another light flashed on the buttons next to the monitor, and the ferreasel tapped it with an annoyed look and waited for the sheet of paper to come through. Ripping it from the printer, she scanned through it. Her normally sour expression changed bit by bit, until she just grinned and folded the paper up, tossing it behind her on the couch.

"He's paying ME for this one too, so send me on down."

"Your wish is my command." Akaimet spoke with a charming grin, and waved his hand at the monitor. The monitor shut off, Ebony dissolved in a shower of golden sparks, as a moment later two more musteline figures stepped out of an adjacent hallway and looked at each other.

"Temporary respite." the smaller, brown one of the two muttered.

"No kidding." the taller, black-furred one responded.

It's morning in the Mark of the Quad Cities Center of Moline Illinois. But that doesn't stop the noise that comes from the Smartmarks Wrestling Federation setting up. Numerous early superstars sit around and chat among themselves, but one figure doesn't hang around. He walks through the hallways, briefcase in hand and managing to look marginally important.

Alexander Zenon stops outside his office door as he unlocks it, muttering about the paperwork he had to go through to get the show booked here. He swings open the door and steps inside, shutting it behind him with a lengthy sigh. And he turns around...to pause.

The figure in his chair turns her head. Right around. One hundred and eighty degrees. Brushing a bit of hair from her face and staring at Zenon, Ebony winks once before spinning the chair and her head back around with a sly smile.

"Hello again, Zenon." her voice is collected, but oozes a certain sexuality.

"Jesus christ, when did you get here?" Alex blinks in surprise. "And into my office?"

"Like doors matter?" she shrugs lithely, then holds up a sheet of paper between two furred fingers - furred fingers tipped with sharp claws - and holds it out to him. "Explain."

"Ah, the Five Wounds match. Well, we've got this guy called the Sexual Maskosaurus, who wanted some out-there stipulation for this pay-per-view. I ran out of possible guys to book and tried to call in a favour to get you in here."

"So you're just using me as aimless filler, is that right?" her tone of voice changes slightly, almost dangerously. And Zenon senses it.

"No! Not at all!" he shakes his head. "I was told you're a very impressive martial artist, but with the work you've been doing you're only available at rare occasions... and when you do show up, you absolutely kill the opposition."

Ebony raised an eyebrow. "Figure of speech?"

"Yeah."

"Damn. So what you want me to do, is go along with this, in whatever match this Five Wounds thing of yours puts me in, and just beat this Sexual Maskosaurus guy."

"Well, yeah. What do you think?"

"It's better than Suma, at least." she commented dryly, inspecting the paper again. "Are you hiding anything, Zenon?"

Alex almost looked guilty. "It seems cruel of me to say it, Ebony, but one of his favourite sayings is to do with penises ejaculating on people."

The ferret-weasel cocked her head slowly to one side and put the paper down on the table. In the blink of an eye, a knife had been stabbed into the sheet, pinning it to the desk. Ebony smiled, showing a mouth full of sharp, musteline teeth.

"He's mine."

"Glad to see you approve." Alex held out a hand. He winced when he felt Ebony's furry paw wrap around it - but that was because of the claws pricking his skin. "A pleasure doing business with you."

"The pleasure..." Ebony almost purred, winking again at the commissioner, who shuddered. "... is all mine."

As the ferreasel sauntered past Zenon, who turned his head to follow her, he wrinkled his nose and almost sneezed at the musteline smell of musk.

"Oh, Ebony?"

"Yes, Zenon?"

The two turned to face each other again.

"How on earth do you GET here? I just forward the payments to the address that I was given..."

"A wizard did it." Ebony shrugged.

"A wizard." Zenon raised his eyebrow.

"Well, technically a demon, but let's not bother with the details. I'll see you after the show for my..." she drawled it out. "....payment."

Zenon shuddered as the ferreasel opened the door and at the same time seemed to dissolve into the shadows outside. The contract said she'd been an assassin, among other things, and the commissioner slumped down at his desk and fingered the dagger pinned into the wooden desktop.

~I think I've gone mad.~

So ... wait.

By "anthropomorphic," you mean "big and human shaped?"

And by "hybrid ferret/weasel," you mean "some sort of being consisting of Janus and Tom's DNA smooshed together?"