TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hektik

More WWE Gimmick News

Geez. This is really stupid. So yeah, what are they going to do with Harry Smith when he comes up? Hopefully nothing TOO offensive.

They're going to make him a Neo-Soviet wrestler.

...what? I'd LOVE to hear the Soviet National Anthem sung in the middle of a wrestling ring again for some odd reason.

Actually, Neo-Soviet is the only Evil Foreigner gimmick I want to see, because it would be interesting to see some delusional Russian brute who thinks he's representing the CCCP in the Olympics. Tht or thinks he's Zangief and spinning-piledrives Scotty 2 Hotty.

Actually, Neo-Soviet is the only Evil Foreigner gimmick I want to see, because it would be interesting to see some delusional Russian brute who thinks he's representing the CCCP in the Olympics. Tht or thinks he's Zangief and spinning-piledrives Scotty 2 Hotty.

If A-Train was a just-debuting wrestler, I'd say he'd fit the role perfectly.

He kinda looks Soviet-ish.

If A-Train was a just-debuting wrestler, I'd say he'd fit the role perfectly.

He kinda looks Soviet-ish.

When he had the beard, he looked quite a bit like Zangief to boot. Just add the mohawk and trim him up a bit. Oh wait--WWE banned piledrivers. Eh, I guess the Siberian Suplex will have to do.

Although the guy who played Zangief in the Van-Damme Street Fighter movie was about the only entertaining thing about the film.

#1 - Jimmy Snuka Jr as a Middle Eastern heel has one problem.. HE LOOKS LIKE JIMMY SNUKA

#2 - If Magnus' strength is a pretty boy heel, they could adapt.

Either as 'Fifth Column' wrestlers with some sort of Middle Eastern connection.. or Magnus can be a wrestler who comes in as a face from Saudi Arabia, but is such a dick that he has to turn heel.

BTW, the Middle Eastern heel stable I have is much better and much lore realistic.. it's 3 Mexicans (Los Taliban), a guy from Michigan (Sabu), The Iron Sheik and somebody under a mask (Sadam)

Last year I had enough of the stupid old-school 80s shit for people who are so uneducated that they believe stereotypes. I thought with Benoit and Guererro and (for a while) Lesnar in the spotlight, 2004 might be the year of highlighting on "serious" wrestlers and wrestling.

If they go through with all this shit (voodoo preachers, evil Arabs, so on) I will quit watching.

I'm thinking they could make Magnus come from a rich Sadui family that has diplomatic immunity who uses America as his playground would work out better than someone who just walks around in a turban.

Would it soften the blow of the "Evil Arab" gimmick if they note that their country (Saudi Arabia) does help the US in the War on Terror and that if the fans can't appreciate that, they're ignorant?

or wealthy Saudi playboys.. that would work. Guys who were sent to the US for college, from wealthy families. Who used that money to be trained by the best.

(Maybe that's too Tiger Ali Singh-ish)

Nah.. the plans probably have these guys as part of al-Sadr's army. Or they'll rip me off and call them "Team Taliban"

Magnus is okay. He's got the charisma and mic skills, but the ring work isn't up to snuff yet. You'd be really wasting him by giving him a middle-eastern gimmick (and he doesn't even look the part). He'd be a good guy to pair with Johnny Nitro in a tag team.

And it is entirely possible to draw heat now... the problem is the people they have on top aren't getting mic time to draw consistant heat or they're not able to cut a good promo.

They should bring back Tiger Ali Singh and Babu and pay fans to do stupid shit again, like licking Babu's toejam. At least that was entertaining.

The only redeeming quality of that entire angle was when Ed Ferrara imitated JR and Dr. Death gave him a Homicidal Backdrop Driver.

Guest Trivia247

Thats it.... an "Arab" Stable.. Fine then lets not kid around...

Bring in the named heavyweights of the "Arab Street"

Sabu the front line main threat he is a Suicide bomber waiting to happen....

Tiger Ali Singh Sure he's Indian..Hell...He's CANADIAN but don't let that discourage people. He wears a turban and suddenly people are throwing Bricks.

Want someone under a Mask??? well hell since they have him for like a damn Lifetime contract..I give you Mubutu! the Masked Zairian Giant...Played by Mark Henry...

and the Leader......the Cell commander, the Iman of this group if you WEEEEEL

is the Mad Man of the Sudan himself

dats right Mr. House of Chinese and Ribs himself

ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER

Its about time that 70 year old Planetoid gets his Fork into the WWE!

Anti-American Terrorist are everywhere not only from Middle East and Quebec!

Can Stevie Richards and Test form a tag team and act like Fox News Net personalities?

How many times have we heard WWE people say in interviews that the best gimmicks are when wrestlers are playing versions of themselves?

Bruce Prichard strikes again.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
Geez. This is really stupid. So yeah, what are they going to do with Harry Smith when he comes up? Hopefully nothing TOO offensive.

Heaven forbid they'd do the right thing and bring Smith in with TJ Wilson as The Stampede Bulldogs and build them as the top tag team in the company. That'd be too easy for Prichard and co wouldn't it? :angry: .

Guest netslob

Heaven forbid they'd do the right thing and bring Smith in with TJ Wilson as The Stampede Bulldogs and build them as the top tag team in the company. That'd be too easy for Prichard and co wouldn't it? :angry: .

yeah, considering their both...*gasp* CRUISERWEIGHTS!!! :o

Guest DeathBecomesYou

But Harry is 6'5 235, if only he put some more muscle on, he could be a hoss.

Why don't they have Snuka Jr. Fued with Orton? afterall, Orton is the legend killer. Just have Orton on one raw decimate Snuka Sr. which, in the process would send out snuka Jr to save his dad and theres a good fued for a Month or 2. Atleast it's better then the Middle East idea.

Cause that would make sense and this is the WWE.

rather than gimmicks for heels, why can't they just review old Randy Savage tapes? that guy was one of the best heels ever...beating up women and attacking mentally retarded people (george steele), sneaking around fucking with people, hitting people from behind and then running, cheating all the time...

even Honky was a good heel...

the anti-american thing only worked well with Bret Hart because he was loved for years and it was just so shocking for him to go that route that he was able to generate mass heat for it...i'm sure a lot of what he said he probably really felt too...

I'm seriously shocked the WWE has never tried a Klan gimmick. Bout the only credit I will give them is they haven't had someone come out all in white and toss out the insults.

I'm seriously shocked the WWE has never tried a Klan gimmick. Bout the only credit I will give them is they haven't had someone come out all in white and toss out the insults.

well they almost went that route when DX trashed the Nation Of Dominations locker room and practically spray-painted everything other than "Nigger" all over the place and left the canadian flag in there trying to get the Hart Foundation in trouble...that angle died out rather instantly...as a black man i wasn't offended and actually found it to be quite clever...

Guest Trivia247

How about a Coal Miner from the Blue Ridge mountains...

or better yet a Former Call Center employee that was fired because the government gave those jobs to India and he vows Revenge.

I thought WWE did that with Austin.