Jahidi White $5.9 Million

Sacramento Kings:

Gerald Wallace $1.4 Million

Seattle Sonics:

Richie Frahm $0

Utah Jazz:

Aleksander Pavlovic $1.1 Million

$0 connotates FA or player/team has not taken option

plus Maurice Carter of the Hornets, Desmond "Turd" Ferguson of Portland, and Jamal Sampson of the Lakers.

Your 2004 Charlotte Bobcats!!!

If the season started today I would predict....eh...10 wins.

EDIT: Oh, and Lonny Baxter, even on this team he's the forgotten man.

No Juan Dixon? I would've took him over Baxter. Fizer is coming off his 2nd knee surgery, don't know when he'll come back. Hunter and Bremer are good picks. I know half of these guys are going to walk, get traded, or get cut.

These players are now unrestricted free agents because they were drafted by the Bobcats

G Richie Frahm -Seattle

C Loren Woods -Miami

G Tamar Slay -New Jersey

G Jeff Trepagnier -Denver

F Lonny Baxter -Washington

G J.R. Bremer -Golden State

F Marcus Fizer -Chicago

G Maurice Carter -New Orleans

F Desmond Ferguson -Portland

---------

So this is the Bobcats roster at the moment

Primoz Brezec - Indiana

Pedrag Drobnjak - Clippers

Brandon Hunter -Boston

Jason Kapono -Cleveland

Zaza Pachulia -Orlando

Jamal Sampson -Lakers

Theron Smith -Memphis

Gerald Wallace -Sacramento

Jahidi White -Phoenix

----------

-Aleksander Pavlovic -Jazz was traded to the Cavs for a future first round pick

-Bobcats get a future first round pick and 3 million dollars from Suns for picking White

Allan Houston makes 17.1 MILLION?!?!  Who the hell thought that was a good investment?

Scott Layden. And No, he wasn't THAT good even before his knee injuries either.

Essentially the problem is that the Knicks made the finals as the eighth seed, and ownership thought the team was better than it was, and desperately needed to retain its top players. Hence, bad contracts abound.

From what I remember, Houston said his enormous contract was a way of the Knicks repaying him for the meager amount of money he made early on. But that's a very vague memory.

I myself believe the money came after he was part of their Finals team from a few years ago. The problem was, they couldn't really keep any of the rest of the guys. Wonder why?

I myself believe the money came after he was part of their Finals team from a few years ago. The problem was, they couldn't really keep any of the rest of the guys. Wonder why?

They kept Charlie Ward, Kurt Thomas, and Latrell Sprewell around for quite awhile. Those three got big contracts as well, I believe. After those three, the next three players from the '99 squad in terms of playing time were Patrick Ewing (retired), Larry Johnson (ditto), and Chris Childs (played 12 games last season).

The Knicks DID keep those players, and that was the problem. The team finished four games above .500 in a strike-shortened season, finished fourth, and somehow made the finals. They weren't that good, but management decided they were a championship caliber club.

'99 Knicks Team Page....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/1999.html

The Knicks DID keep those players, and that was the problem. The team finished four games above .500 in a strike-shortened season, finished fourth, and somehow made the finals. They weren't that good, but management decided they were a championship caliber club.

'99 Knicks Team Page....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/1999.html

In all fairness though the Knicks did make the NBA Eastern Conference Finals in 2000 and where 2 wins away from making their second trip back to the finals in as many years. The entire franchise fell apart during Game 4 of the 2001 NBA First Round Playoffs against the Toronto Raptors when they failed to close them out and had no momentum coming home for Game 5 and lost the series at the Garden. So they actually where a good team in 1999 and 1999-2000 and it wasn't just a fluke that they made the finals in 1999. I think I have a point or I am just a diehard Knicks fan babbling on either way.

Thanks.