TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Movies worth owning for just one part

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

When I was younger, I would've said The Mask just for Carrey's first outing, which involved the balloon animals. Right before the city skyline. That was where I'd grow bored.

I own both Matrix sequels, and rarely watch anything outside of the fight scenes.

Like, when I watch Reloaded, I'll watch the Smith fight, skip to the Blade Leapers fight, and then watch until the end of the chase scene. Granted, that's about 40 minutes to an hour I think, but hey.

Revolutions, I'll watch the Smith fight scene, and maybe some of the battle for Zion. That's it.

I don't own this, nor have I ever rented it but I'm sure someone out there has tapes or Dvds Of Street Fighter II V.

Anyway, there's one part where Zangief fights Ryu on the beach. Ryu tries to punch Zangief, but Z ducks out of the way and gives him a fuckin Back Drop Driver,which knocks Ryu out.

Cabin Fever. Real shitter of a movie, and not worth owning. Not scary enough to be horror, not funny enough to be comedy...

But there is one part that made me laugh pretty good. There's a racial joke at the beginning that makes you snicker a little and just say "that's not right." But there's a payoff for it at the end that just had me rolling. Don't want to spoil it though.

Guest Ray
even if the rest of the movie sucked, I'd rent/copy/buy Equilibrium for everything from the Polygraph on

What was wrong with the rest of the film?

As if the only good thing in it was the over-the-top gun battle...?

even if the rest of the movie sucked, I'd rent/copy/buy Equilibrium for everything from the Polygraph on

What was wrong with the rest of the film?

As if the only good thing in it was the over-the-top gun battle...?

Bad acting, bad dialogue, awful slow pacing, the film being a mess of stolen ideas from elsewhere, plot holes, the 'emotionless' thing not working (because everyone showed emotions). I went into it really expecting to enjoy it but just found it pretty much completely unentertaining.

However, I'm not gonna ruin this thread by debating the good/bad of the film as it's a really fun thread sofar. I realise lots of people did enjoy it so I imagine there would be much debating (plus I haven't seen the film for 2 years or so and thus can't remember as much about it as I would like to remember where I going to argue the film's merit)

- Episode 1, just for the 2on1 light saber fight at the end.

- Freddy vs. Jason is really worth it jus for the fight at the end, starting when Freddy gets into Freeburg and Sedates Jason. Luckily the fight is like half an hour long making the movie awesome.

- A lot of people think Day Of The Dead is kinda boring and too slow and stuff(not me), but they say it's worth it just for the las 20 minutes of zombie carnage. Choke On 'Em!!.......and Bub of course

The Untouchables, final scenes

Costner - "You got him"

Garcia - "Yeah I got him"

Costner - "Then take him"

*BANK* right between the fucking eyes.

Guest Fook
The Untouchables, final scenes

Costner - "You got him"

Garcia - "Yeah I got him"

Costner - "Then take him"

*BANK* right between the fucking eyes.

That movie's worth owning due to the fact that it kicks countless amounts of ass all the way through, not just one scene.

Cabin Fever. Real shitter of a movie, and not worth owning. Not scary enough to be horror, not funny enough to be comedy...

But there is one part that made me laugh pretty good. There's a racial joke at the beginning that makes you snicker a little and just say "that's not right." But there's a payoff for it at the end that just had me rolling. Don't want to spoil it though.

Please spoil it. I have no desire to see the movie, but I love a good joke and payoff.

Starship Troopers, just for the scene at the end, where Rico's regiment gets a whole bunch of fresh-faced recruits, and Rico's in charge, and gives the speech to the troops that his mechanical-armed-mentor dude gave him.

For a movie with such cheesy lines and bad acting, that moment feels really natural, and just right, and brings his character full circle.

every time i see 'breathless', i like the 30-minute bedroom conversation a little more, and the rest of the movie a little less.

Please spoil it. I have no desire to see the movie, but I love a good joke and payoff.

Best part of the movie...all downhill from here

Very beginning of the movie the kids are at this little general store run by an old man. One of them picks up a bottle of fox urine.

"What's the fox urine for?

OLD MAN: "That's for foxes."

They show a gun behind the counter

"What's the rifle for?"

OLD MAN: "That's for niggers."

Says it calmly like it's nothing...the kids exchange a glance and then leave.

Near the end of the movie the old man is sitting on the porch of the store. Some hip hop music starts playing and 2 black guys and a black girl are heading towards the store. The old man rushes inside and gets the rifle...

and then hands it over to the black girl. "I cleaned it for you."

Then starts slapping hands with the guys shouting "Hi my nigga!"

struck me as funny anyway.

Also the movie has 2 other funny parts.

Dennis: "pancakes....pancakes...pancakes...PANCAKES!" (must be seen to get ANY humor for it.

Also the line

"What are you going to do with the gun?"

"Shoot squirles."

"Why?"

"...cause they're gay."

About Monsters' Ball...

As Mike said, it's not as if she's fucking Rush Limbaugh or someone absolutely disgusting, but you can always hold your thumb over the screen so you can only see Halle. Anyway, it's Halle Berry FUCKING.

Shallow Hal is a terrible movie, but it's worth watching for Jason Alexander's line "Hey Hal, you've got to get a look at this turd!"

The Last Boy Scout is a decent sleaze-ball action movie, but the opening scene is BRILLIANT. I'd put it among the top five I've seen, in any genre. Also worth watching for the great one-liners and the scene in which Taylor Negron (like it really matters) falls into the blades of a helicopter and is chopped up in full view of the camera.

Guest Eric the Eagle

"Bad Boys" 1, for the "I keel before, I keel again, mother-bitches!!"-scene. Rent the movie. Fast forward to it, watch it, then return it.

I know someone who actually did that once - that is, he didn't rent it, he borrowed it.

A Few Good Men for this bit of dialogue

): I submit to you that whoever wrote that memo has never served on the working end of a Soviet-made Cuban Ml-Al6 Assault Rifle. However, the directive having come from the NIS, I gave it its due attention. What's your point, Jo?

She has no point. She often has no point. It's part of her charm. We're outta here. Thank you.

My point is that I think code reds still go on down here. Do Code Reds still happen on this base, colonel?

Jo, the colonel doesn't need to answer that.

Yes he does.

No, he really doesn't.

Yeah, he really does. Colonel?

(Colonel Jessep): You know it just hit me. She outranks you, Danny.

Yes sir.

I want to tell you something Danny and listen up 'cause I mean this: You're the luckiest man in the world. There is, believe me gentlemen, nothing sexier on earth than getting a blowjob from a superior officer, a woman you have to salute in the morning. Promote 'em all I say.

Colonel, the practice of code Reds is still condoned by officers on this base, isn't it?

You see my problem is, of course, that I'm a Colonel. I'll Just have to keep taking cold showers 'til they elect some gal President.

I need an answer to my question, sir.

Take caution in your tone, Commander. I'm a fair guy, but this fuckin' heat's making me absolutely crazy. You want to know about code reds? On the record I tell you that I discourage the practice in accordance with the NIS directive. Off the record I tell you that it's an invaluable part of close infantry training, and if it happens to go on without my knowledge, so be it. I run my base how I run my base. You want to investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast 80 yards away from 4000 Cubans who are trained to kill me. So don't for one second think you're gonna come down here, flash a badge, and make me nervous.

(A moment of tense silence before)

(Kaffee): Let's go. Colonel, I'll just need a copy of Santiago's transfer order.

What's that?

Santiago's transfer order. You guys have paper work on that kind of thing, I just need it for the file.

For the file.

Yeah.

Of course you can have a copy of the transfer order. For the file. I'm here to help anyway I can.

Thank you.

You believe that, don't you? Danny? That I'm here to help anyway I can?

Of course.

The corporal'll run you by Ordinance on your way out to the airstrip. You can have all the transfer orders you want.

(The lawyers start to leave.)

But you have to ask me nicely.

I beg your pardon?

You have to ask me nicely. You see, Danny, I can deal with the bullets and the bombs and the blood. I can deal with the heat and the stress and the fear. I don't want money and I don't want medals. What I want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform, and with your Harvard mouth, extend me some fuckin' courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely.

(Extremely tense pause)

Colonel Jessep ... if it's not too much trouble, I'd like a copy of the transfer order. Sir.

No problem.