TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tnamark

TNA tag teams

Guest tnamark

Seriously TNA needs some better tag teams right now...

AMW is ok at best, the Naturals are green as grass, Kenney and Siaki aren't a good fit together and the NYC is a dumb name for a tag team and includes Glen Gilberti, nuff said.....is Swinger even from New York? TNA needs the Backseat Boyz. When Daniels returns from his injury him and Skipper are decent but TNA has too many makeshift teams that don't work well together and Dallas and Kash splitting up doesn't help.

I actually think the Naturals are a great team, as their match on Xplosion a week or two ago really impressed me. The more I watch them, the more I like them. But I would love to see more tag teams.

Guest MikeSC
Seriously TNA needs some better tag teams right now...

AMW is ok at best, the Naturals are green as grass, Kenney and Siaki aren't a good fit together and the NYC is a dumb name for a tag team and includes Glen Gilberti, nuff said.....is Swinger even from New York? TNA needs the Backseat Boyz. When Daniels returns from his injury him and Skipper are decent but TNA has too many makeshift teams that don't work well together and Dallas and Kash splitting up doesn't help.

There is a problem. In America, tag teams aren't what people want to do. It's sad, but true. Fans get burned out on tag teams so quickly that they have to throw away good ones regularly (see Edge & Christian in the WWF).

The best thing any company could do is to simply stick two guys who can work who have LITTLE else to do (Hell, stick Red and Sabin together) and give them some time with the straps. At the very least, you have a decent shot at decent matches.

-=Mike

Guest Dynamite Kido

The Naturals have promise to be good and AMW is blah, so I think a nice look see over the indy scene could lead to some promising things. Also it would be wise for them to bring in the Backstreets though amongst some other really good indy tag teams.......

The problem with bringing in teams like the Backseat Boyz and the Briscoe Brothers is that they look so small inside a TNA ring. They look big compared to guys like Amazing Red and A.J. Styles in Ring of Honor, but when you put them in the ring with America's Most Wanted they will looked horribly mismatched. Just look at the Briscoe Brother's match against the Hot Shots from one of the first few weeks TNA was around.

Guest Dynamite Kido
The problem with bringing in teams like the Backseat Boyz and the Briscoe Brothers is that they look so small inside a TNA ring. They look big compared to guys like Amazing Red and A.J. Styles in Ring of Honor, but when you put them in the ring with America's Most Wanted they will looked horribly mismatched. Just look at the Briscoe Brother's match against the Hot Shots from one of the first few weeks TNA was around.

I seriously don't think this is a problem. It's easy to make tag teams that look really mismatched(because of size) by their work in the ring. A smaller team can always look good as long as they are technically sound(which I would classify the Briscoes and Backseats) because they make up for their size in the fact that they work well as a team.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Yeah, TNA to this point seems to have mixed weight classes well, and still keep the smaller guys looking like legit threats.

I thought that the end of the X Cup stuff was the perfect time to refill the tag division.

Skipper and Daniels are likely heading back there once Daniels is ready to go.

They should put Petey Williams and Bobby Rude in the mix as well.

Hell...throw Garza and Aguila in too.

One thing the X Cup did was put over the team idea anyway...so they might as well use that to their advantage.

They're only a couple logical steps away from a division that has more believable tag teams in it:

AMW

Naturals

XXX

Team Canada

I was hoping that the Gilberti/Swinger vs. Diamond/Siaki feud would help establish both teams as real tag teams (since they spilt a real tag team to do it) but that hasn't happened yet.

Also...when Dutt is done being Sabu's mouthpiece...he and Red should be a team. Just because they're both wee little people.

I thought that the end of the X Cup stuff was the perfect time to refill the tag division.

Skipper and Daniels are likely heading back there once Daniels is ready to go.

They should put Petey Williams and Bobby Rude in the mix as well.

Hell...throw Garza and Aguila in too.

One thing the X Cup did was put over the team idea anyway...so they might as well use that to their advantage.

They're only a couple logical steps away from a division that has more believable tag teams in it:

AMW

Naturals

XXX

Team Canada

I was hoping that the Gilberti/Swinger vs. Diamond/Siaki feud would help establish both teams as real tag teams (since they spilt a real tag team to do it) but that hasn't happened yet.

Also...when Dutt is done being Sabu's mouthpiece...he and Red should be a team. Just because they're both wee little people.

I agree 100%. If they don't transition Team Canada into the tag team division, it'll a huge blown opportunity.

I'd like to see this as the regular tag team division in TNA right now:

AMW

Naturals

XXX

Team Canada

3LK (Konnan and BG James)

NYC

Guest whitemilesdavis

WHy not Dutt and Sabu after the Raven feud? I think it could be a really interesting mixture of styles, with a middle eastern type gimmick.

Guest The Last Free Voice

The Backseats would get over. To bad the stuff I have seen of them blows chunks. Briscoes would be good, but would they leave RoH? Shelly and Strong are coming in aren't they? THey meshed together well in Dayton. Team Lynn and Red back up. That would be good. Team Devine (Where did he go?) and Williams back up if they finaly kill the Canada storyline. Hell, AJ/D-Lo would be good. But they NEED some new teams.

The Backseats would get over. To bad the stuff I have seen of them blows chunks. Briscoes would be good, but would they leave RoH? Shelly and Strong are coming in aren't they? THey meshed together well in Dayton. Team Lynn and Red back up. That would be good. Team Devine (Where did he go?) and Williams back up if they finaly kill the Canada storyline. Hell, AJ/D-Lo would be good. But they NEED some new teams.

I'd love to see F'N Amazing (copyright Dames :D) return. The match where they won the belts from Triple X kicked all kinds of ass.

They should never have broken up Simon & Swinger, especially when the Tag Division was REALLY in the shits earlier this year. I agree that they should also add some of the X-Cup teams to the Tag Division.

Since TNA is waiting to bring back C.M. Punk, just bring him back with Julio Dinero and reform the Gathering for a little while. Southern Comfort would probably be a good addition, and they could probably get over easily in Tennessee and Florida.

Guest netslob
Southern Comfort would probably be a good addition, and they could probably get over easily in Tennessee and Florida.

forgive my ignorance, but who are they?

Guest Salacious Crumb

There's also supposed to be a tag team forming with this new guy Miomoto and Nosawa. So they could end up being a solid tag team addition as well.

Guest JacK

I reckon they should put Mike Sanders with Sonny Siaki . . . think of the cockiness during interviews and backstage stuff, it'd be hilarious. To me, anyway. Oh well, it ain't gunna happen . . . but one can always hope.

Tag team division isn't too shaby, they'll keep building the Natural's up one would hope, and maybe (maybe) even keep them around on PPV's/Impact.

If they brought back Punk and Julio or the New Church, then the division would look a fair bit deeper.

I reckon they should put Mike Sanders with Sonny Siaki . . . think of the cockiness during interviews and backstage stuff, it'd be hilarious. To me, anyway. Oh well, it ain't gunna happen . . . but one can always hope.

I'd love to see Mike Sanders back.

Unfortunately, the man hates the wrestling aspect of wrestling. He wants to be a color commentator of some sorts, and when both TNA and WWE told him they weren't interested on that end, he just faded away.

Guest whitemilesdavis
Southern Comfort would probably be a good addition,

Absolutely. Good workers. Good heat. Good comedy spots.

Sorry, but I feel it is my duty to pimp Chris Hamrick every opportunity I get.

The thing is, from the XPw match I saw them in, they get over as heels by being the most stereotypical rednecks imaginable, I think they'd need a gimmick change first.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Just being honest, Hamrick can get heel heat anywhere. The guy is hilarious on the mic. He and Micheal Shane tagged at an indy show, and he even had Shane over huge.

Guest JacK
I'd love to see Mike Sanders back.

Unfortunately, the man hates the wrestling aspect of wrestling. He wants to be a color commentator of some sorts, and when both TNA and WWE told him they weren't interested on that end, he just faded away.

I wouldn't mind if he just stood on the apron yelling 'hey' . . . it'd take quite a while for that to get old with me.

I, being the Sanders mark I am; would bring him back as a colour commentator, who badmouths several wrestlers and have him in that for a time, and then eventually have him a suprise entrant of sorts in a battle royale, against his will; because of Tenay and West or something; with one of the wrestlers he's been badmouthing in the ring at the time. Then, he'd cheat and eliminate the guy, thus hey presto feud thingami.

But that's only cause I mark for Sanders.

And it'd be quite funny seeing Rednecks try to get over as heels in Tennessee or wherever. I've never seen 'Southern Comfort', but they sure have a great name; I have to give them that.

Chris Hamrick and Tracy Smothers??? Are you SERIOUS?

Not only do they scream "hick" more than the Toby Keith CD commercials during Impact!, but Hamrick is worthless and Smothers is like 8 years past his prime.

Guest whitemilesdavis
Not only do they scream "hick" more than the Toby Keith CD commercials during Impact!, but Hamrick is worthless and Smothers is like 8 years past his prime.

Yeah, good gimmick, huh? Why would you say Hamrick is worthless. I've probably seen him put on 5 matches ***+ in the last 2 years alone. Sounds like a great addition to TNA in my opinion.

Smothers may be getting old, but he's not finished, and the tag-team ranks could use some established veterans.

Sanders would be perfect in an "instigator"/"intimidator" tag team (what I mean is that he could be the promo-guy/shit-stirrer and the big guy backs him up), but that role is taken by Kid Kash and Dallas, who will no doubt go the Shawn/Diesel route at some point.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I really like Sanders in WCW. I didn't even think he sucked to bad in the ring. But I've seen him work several indies in the last couple of years, and his ring work has gotten atrociuos. I think given a good program, and a steady gig, he couldget back up there, but that would take someone showing some faith in him.

According to Meltzer, they're planning to run a Team Canada/AMW feud in the near future, so I'm guessing we'll see TC move up the rankings while AMW disposes of the Naturals.