TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

NBA Offseason News and Moves

We bribed Ill with a $20.

LOL

On another note, it looks like the Suns have come to terms with Steve Nash to the tune of $65 million over 5 years. I think this move gets the Suns back to at least playoff level and takes the Mavs down a notch because they lost their playmaker. With Nash running the break and finishers like Marion and Amare, the Suns should be fun to watch and back to over .500 ball. I like the move.

5 years, $65 mil for Nash is retarded. Dudes 30, is hurt every year, and I don't ever remember him playing any defense. Daniels is going to step in and make the Mavs better.

It seems that the Suns were disappointed by not getting Kobe and made a quick run at someone else. I'll go out on a limb and guarantee that they regret this move within 1 year.

Staying on Daniels, he just signed a 6-year deal with the Mavs for $38 million. Got that from CBS Sportsline.

EDIT: Well he *agreed* to it, he can't *sign* it until the 14th.

EDIT2: Actually, that may be only if you sign with another team. Not sure, though.

In the big picture I can see this coming back to haunt them, but I think Nash is good for at least 2-3 productive years.

Daniels is good, but he's not a true point guard. He's more of a 2 guard. Because he's young, he can still be molded into a point, but his natural game is 2 guard and you can buy some stretches with him at the 1. He's a smart player too. My problem is with the move that brought the Mavs lockerroom cancers like Laetner and Stackhouse.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I think it's safe to say that Stackhouse and Lattener will be gone before the season starts.

anyway, I'd agree that Nash will still be good for 3 years, but after that the Suns will embark on a Knicks-like quest to trade him for anything, and end up with an even worse contract.

Daniels had a really good showing in the playoffs, but I wouldn't rely on him as their point guard. Them letting Nash go will bite them in the ass at a later date.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Someone really should sign Mugsy Bogues up so he and Earl Boykins can have the most comical showdown in the history of the NBA.

Speaking of height related freaks, did Manute Bol and Shawn Bradley ever play against one another? I'm sure they did, but I can't remember it to save the life of me.

And finally, in one of the funnier quotes ever, the Clippers Donald Sterling says they are willing to do "anything" to get Kobe Bryant. This is the CLIPPERS mind you.

I wasted my 1000th post talking about the Clippers, Mugsy Bogues and Manute Bol. I always hoped it would be Dusty Rhodes related. Ah well.

First I want to say that Nash going to Phoenix is a huge boost for the Suns, and a huge loss for the Mavericks. From the Suns' point of view, they've got some good playmakers that can score and rebound. They just needed somebody to get the ball to the right people. Picking up Nash means they'll be battling all season to take the eighth playoff spot, although I still don't quite see them overtaking Memphis, Houston, or Denver to do it.

As for Dallas, this is perhaps an even bigger loss. With all the young players that will be getting good PT, (Harris, Daniels, Howard, Podlovic), they really needed a veteran presence to run the offense. Also, with the LA trade on the horizon, Nash would have been the perfect complement for Shaq, as he looks to get the ball to the other scorers first, but he's still deadly from the outside if you leave it open. Both Daniels and Harris are more slashing scorers that will have a harder time consistently getting the ball down low.

Nash, Nowitzki, and Shaq together would have been (in my mind), pretty much enough to guarantee a ring for the Mavs, but now the picture's looking a lot murkier, and I'm starting to question if they'll be able to capitalize in the remaining window where Shaq's still the force he is today.

ESPN went out of there way to make sure no one would give a shit when the announcement was made. They went to Barry Bonds levels of overkill covering this story.

I noticed that about ESPN as well. It was a ridiculous amount of coverage, even when they had footage of Coach K saying he was just CONSIDERING coaching the Lakers. They made a small story ridiculously big.

Talk about loyalty...no one can ever call Coach K a sell out...he actually does what he feels and not by money. He's definately someone to look up too and I'm happy for everyone at Duke who look at him as a god.

Guest JohnnySwift

Now Coach K is on Sportscenter, way to try to make him look like an ass.

ESPN Guy: "Who's your favorite NBA team?"

Coach K: "Any team that my former players are on"

ESPN Guy: "That is until the next offer comes along"

Wow, talk about poor taste

Guest JohnnySwift
I think Dan Patrick came out as the ass of that one.

I agree, but he tried to share the blame with his implying that Coach K would sell out to the NBA if the price is right.

Guest Deebo

Dan Patrick is such a piece of shit. It was so hilarious that one time when the guy from Howard Stern prank-called him live on sportscenter as Steve Bartman. Greatest thing ever.

What do you think about a Ray Allen for Abdur Rahim trade? They have similar contracts and are about the same age. Abdur Rahim is coming off a year where he was a backup for half the season though. I hear Ray allen is unhappy in Seattle, do you think they would do it straight up or make the Blazers throw in someone?

Guest FrigidSoul
Hmm... the Sonics may be shopping Ray Allen.

They are shopping him. Right now the front runners are the T-Wolves and...the Celtics. Evidently Ainge wants Allen and that PF Vitally or something...I dunno, fucked up Russian name. He doesn't want to give up Pierce or Welsch though to do it.

No clue what the T-Wolves are offering.