Guest sean pyro

Second Anniversary Show

Guest sean pyro

NWA-TNA's Second Anniversary Show

Wednesday, June 23rd

preview2.jpg

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Champion “King Of The Mountain” Jeff Jarrett vs. Ron “The Truth” Killings

The Truth got another brief taste of the NWA World Heavyweight Title last month before losing it in the King Of The Mountain Match to current champ Jeff Jarrett. In fact, it was Jarrett’s own guitar that knocked Killings out of the match, allowing Jarrett to take home the gold. Now, The Truth has his championship rematch this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View! Director of Authority Vince Russo said he’ll be watching, and if Jarrett uses the guitar he’ll lose the gold by disqualification! Can The Truth regain the NWA World Heavyweight Title this Wednesday night? Tune in and find out! And after Impact on Friday, we found out that D'Lo Brown wants the winner in a title match!

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Champion AJ Styles vs. ???

I have been informed that Kid Kash will not be able to compete at the Anniversary Show for the X-Division Title. He will receive his shot when he is healthy and I will be more than happy to comply when the time is right.

Now I have a dilemma. My fans are going to pay to see me defend the X-Division Title on the 2 Year Anniversary Show and that's exactly what they are going to get. I will not take the night off. AJ Styles is a fighting champion and I will be there on Wednesday.

Having said that, I am officially announcing an open challenge to anyone, anywhere to come and face me for the X-Title. The X Division is not about weight limits, it's about no limits. I will not be limited on who my opponent will be. Anyone in the world can come and face the Phenomenal One and I will be waiting in my ring.

-AJ Styles

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Champions America’s Most Wanted vs. Japan’s Nosawa and Miyamoto

The third big title match this Wednesday night on the anniversary show will feature NWA World Tag Team Champions America’s Most Wanted – Wildcat Chris Harris and Cowboy James Storm – defending the gold against the Japanese team of Nosawa and newcomer Miyamoto! A true contrast of styles, AMW has no idea what to expect in newcomer Miyamoto, who is a star of the All Japan promotion.

RAVEN TO PAY “TRIBUTE” TO THE SHEIK?

This past Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View, the American Dream Dusty Rhodes had seen and heard enough. Enough of Raven brutalizing Sonjay Dutt, enough of Raven humiliating Sabu by repeatedly slapping him for not fighting back and enough of Raven dishonoring Sabu’s late legendary uncle The Sheik. The Dream stood up to Raven and delivered a message of respect and the warning to learn it…quick! Later that night, Raven claimed he was sorry for his actions, and that he would pay a “tribute” to The Sheik this Wednesday on Pay-Per-View. The question now is whether Raven is sincere, or just planning to sink even lower in this maniacal mission to fight Sabu.

GRUDGE MATCH

Jerry Lynn vs. Scott D’Amore

Since arriving in TNA with Team Canada, coach Scott D’Amore has gone to amazing lengths to make Jerry Lynn’s life a living hell. Alter months of trying to get at his loudmouth nemesis, Jerry Lynn now has his opportutnity to fight D’Amore one on one this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View! We all know Lynn can bring it in the ring – the question is, can D’Amore back up his mouth with some muscle? Will the Team NWA Captain shove the Canadian coach’s hockey stick where the sun doesn’t shine? Tune in and find out!

LADIES STRETCHER MATCH

Desire vs. Trinity

The battle between two of TNA’s top knockouts comes to a boiling point this Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View as Desire will take on Trinity in a Ladies Stretcher Match! According to TNA officials, the first female to put her opponent on the stretcher and load her into an ambulance wins! If you can make it off the stretcher, the match continues! Will this bout finally put an end to the feud between Trinity and Desire? Tune in this Wednesday and find out!

THE DEBUT OF THE HIGH-FLYING LUCHA MINIS!

Some of the most amazing and entertaining athletes you will ever see, the Lucha Minis from the AAA promotion in Mexico will be in action this Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View! The mini superstars are legendary in Mexico, and will make a rare United States appearance this Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View!

NWATNA.com

Midgets.

Just in case TNA wasn't bush league enough.

But wait, are they HARDCORE MIDGETS?! :P

Okish lineup, I'm sure they'll pull out the stops to make it good.

AAA's minis rule the fucking world. If my girlfriend didn't have to work I would definately go to this show wednesday night just for them.... I may just go by myself.

Anyways, the mini's are the only real reason to watch AAA on Galavison nowadays. They rock.

Guest Donners

I hope they bring back mini-Tenta from the first few weeks of TNA to face them...

Guest The Ultimate Fantasy

supposedly, the mini's can are awesome high flyers. Although they should have Mini-Warrior, Mini-Hogan, Mini-Savage, Mini-Goldberg, Mini-Austin ,and Mini-Chyna. Mike Tenay can say "Hey, we promised big names only we said nothing about big people."

Guest MikeSC

Well, I suppose it's time to piss people off. Oh well. Here goes my preview:

[*]Jeff Jarrett vs. Ron "The Truth" Killings - World Heavyweight Championship

JJ goes over here. Predicted Rating: **1/2.

[*]AJ Styles vs. Kid Kash - X-Division Championship

Could be excellent. TNA gives them 15 minutes and doesn't have D-Lo or Dallas get involved, it should be. Doubt AJ drops the belt this quickly --- but a clean win on Kash probably isn't happening, either, as this seems to be the money feud for the X Division. Predicted Rating: ***1/2.

[*]AMW vs. Nosawa & Miyamoto - World Tag Team Championship

This, sadly, reeks of style clash big-time. AMW needs a strong team to lead them to a good match (there is a reason why XXX was the only ones capable of taking them to terrific matches --- don't even bother mentioning Simon & Swinger or New Church, as the quality of those matches was a massive step down). AMW doesn't drop the belts to this team. Rating: **.

[*]Desire vs. Trinity - 1st Ever Women's Stretcher Match

Ugh. Plain, good ol' fashioned crap match involving two women who are hardly impressive in the ring. Trinity is Lita V.2 and Desire has never shown ANY real ability in the ring. Keep it short, please. Rating: *.

[*]Raven's tribute to the Original Sheik

[*]The debut of AAA's Mini's

Raven will call out Sabu. Brawling will commence.

AAA minis? OK, unless they improved WORLDS over Max Mini et al who overpopulated WWF PPV's in 1997 and 1998 --- look at an armdrag-riffic and hurricanrana-laden spotfest. Predicted Rating: **.

[*]Jerry Lynn vs. Coach D'Amore

Lynn v D'Amore? They couldn't find anything better for Jerry Lynn than this? This belongs on Impact, not the PPV show. No way this match works, no matter how decent Scott may or may not be in the ring. They have painted themselves into a no-win here --- if the match is booked correctly, Lynn will squash him. If not, Lynn looks real bad. Rating: *.

-=Mike

I'll do what Mike did, but without star ratings, since I have different standards anyway:

Jeff Jarrett vs. Ron "The Truth" Killings - World Heavyweight Championship

Jeff really has to show that he's the real deal here. This is their first "big" show since starting the national show. I expect him to work as hard as he can, and I expect Killings to try to have the match of his life. This will likely get 15~20 minutes.

AJ Styles vs. Kid Kash - X-Division Championship

Can Kash finally have a good match to go along with his good heel persona? We'll see. AJ has developed into a top 10 North American worker, but he still has the problem that has plagued him for years: He works up to the level of great opponents, but often matches the shittiness of bad opponents. Hopefully he can prove me wrong and carry Kash to something really good. Something tells me they won't get a lot of time because the real champ has a match, but I hope I'm wrong on that too.

AMW vs. Nosawa & Miyamoto - World Tag Team Championship

Really wierd match, could be good. Nosawa is as good as Honma, and TS had a ***1/2 match with Punk and Cabana months ago, so this could ideally be good. Miyamoto is roided out the gills and blows everything, but AMW is always good for a standard solid match. Should be fine, probably in the 8~10 minute range.

Desire vs. Trinity - 1st Ever Women's Stretcher Match

Oy.

Raven's tribute to the Original Sheik

Could be cool if Raven is feeling creative.

The debut of AAA's Mini's

Awesome!!! Not even tna can fuck this up.

Jerry Lynn vs. Coach D'Amore

Ugh, I'm not sure who sucks more, Lynn or D'amore.

Looks like a good show on paper and I'll be there in person :D :

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Champion “King Of The Mountain” Jeff Jarrett vs. Ron “The Truth” Killings

This match should be fanastic. These two have great chemistry in the ring and I'm they'll be in the ring before 9:30, so they should have time to do their thing. I watched their first match on the DVD again just to get myself pumped. I'm afraid we're going to see run-in city though and unfortunately, Jarrett's clearly going over.

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Champion AJ Styles vs. Kid Kash

This feud has played out very well, and I love the way its gone so far. I'm a little surprised they're delivering the actual match this soon (I thought for sure we'd get a tag match with D'Lo first....maybe on Impact), but I'm sure this won't end the feud. I'm sure Styles goes over to keep the crowd happy. Can't kill all your top faces in one night. But it won't be any kind of convincing at all.

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Champions America’s Most Wanted vs. Japan’s Nosawa and Miyamoto

I'm not really excited about this match because I'm not really a fan of the random challenger generator for AMW and I'm disappointed TNA won't move Team Canada up to challenge them like everyone is screaming for. Also, I'm on a fan of Nosawa from the little I've seen of him and on Impact, Miyamoto came off as a cheap Tajiri knock-off. I'm sure the Naturals get involved here somehow. Either AMW wins or we get another crappy DQ ending.

RAVEN TO PAY “TRIBUTE” TO THE SHEIK?

The Raven/Sabu feud is the best thing going in TNA right now and the most interesting one on one feud in the company since Styles/D'Lo. TNA has managed to get people interested while having them barely touch each other. I'm sure that trend continues here. This segment will rock!

LADIES STRETCHER MATCH

Desire vs. Trinity

Eh...not much to say here. Hopefully this ends this feud because its definitely run its course

THE DEBUT OF THE HIGH-FLYING LUCHA MINIS!

Hmmm...can't say that I really care here either.

Jerry Lynn vs Scott D'Amore

If D'Amore doesn't take the cradle pile driver here, than I will officially be right in my assumption that this feud will never end. I hope they don't just have Team Canada run in to save D'Amore. Let him take the pile driver so we can all move on to normal, productive lives.

Only five matches announced so far, so I'm sure we'll see Jarrett/Killings and Styles/Kash get decent time, probably 15-20 and 10-12 respectively.

Sounds ok on paper. I'm glad they're doing both Jarrett/Killings and Styles/Kash at a show I'll be in attendance for! :D We'll see how the rest of the card shapes up, but overall, this looks like a stronger card than last year's anniversary show.

Guest netslob

my guess is he's gonna stab someone with a pencil.

btw, what's this shit about the Sheik training Raven...i thought Jake Roberts did.

my guess is he's gonna stab someone with a pencil.

btw, what's this shit about the Sheik training Raven...i thought Jake Roberts did.

The Sheik trained everyone apparently.

Although I don't remember Roberts being the one who trained Raven.

Raven trained at Larry Sharpe's Monster Factory, which also gave the world Bam Bam Bigelow. I believe he had some experience with Boris Malenko as well.

Guest Donners

I'll be expecting at least one surprise out of this show in terms of a debut/return. Last year it was Sting and Waltman respectively, this year I have my fingers crossed for Kanyon.

Guest MikeSC
I'll be expecting at least one surprise out of this show in terms of a debut/return. Last year it was Sting and Waltman respectively, this year I have my fingers crossed for Kanyon.

Thing is, where would they stick him? They can't stick in the ME picture as, well, that would just look terrible. Sticking him with Raven again is no good as WCW did that for a long while.

I don't know what they could DO with Kanyon.

-=Mike

guess i'll give my thoughts, it being the Anniversary Show and all...

-Jarrett vs. Killings. these two are capable of putting on a great title match, but that doesn't mean that they'll deliver here. this'll probably be booked to the gills with run-ins from the Elite Gaurd, 3LK, D'Lo, Dusty, and even Russo (will he just disappear already?). this will suck hard if there isn't a clean win. Killings has to be kept strong, but Jarrett needs the decisive win. i can't reiterate how bad it would be to book a screwjob here.

-Styles vs. Kash. both are great IMO, and it should be a MOTYC if given enough time. but like before, there's the threat of a screwy finish. Styles will retain more than likely, but continue to fued with Kash for a few more weeks. i'm cool with that.

-AMW vs. Nosawa/Miyomoto. should be a decent tag match and a victory for AMW. with them as champs, the tag team division seems to be getting better. the AMW/Naturals fued is starting up, which is the best thing for it. i'm just hoping that they'll allow teams other than AMW to shine.

-i'm not sure what Raven has planned for his tribute, but it should at least be creative. i'm liking this fued, but i also liked Raven vs. Mitchell, and see how that turned out. fueding with Sabu will be nice for a while, but not for too long. the fact is that Raven belongs in the main event, and he should be champ. quit stalling.

-Trinity vs. Desire, and unless these two have been flowing for the last 3 months, they have no real reason to hate each other. this is one of the MANY weak angles TNA is working.

-Flying Midgets.... yeah, now people are gonna take you seriously. i thought that TNA was focused more on wrestling while WWE covered Sportz Entertainment crap like this?

-D'Amore vs. Lynn is ready to be finished. its time everyone from the X Cup went their separate ways. Lynn is beyond wasted in this role.

as for anyone surprising us, i'm not sure. this show looks mediocre. sure, there are a few good matches and even one or two good fueds going right now. but the fact is that TNA is still pushing shit angles, shit characters, and Triple J is reigning supreme.

Whoever said the midgets are the only reason to watch AAA on Galavision is a damn liar.

I can't STAND the minis on that show. Just fucking awful.

The whole Electro Shock / Lady Apache / El Zorro v. Chessman / Tiffany / Charlie Manson feud is much more compelling.

Now that I think about it, though......why AAA to begin with? A partnership with CMLL makes more sense, seeing as.....you know.....CMLL has a lot of actually GOOD workers.

Whoever said the midgets are the only reason to watch AAA on Galavision is a damn liar.

I can't STAND the minis on that show. Just fucking awful.

What's with all the midget hate? Just becuase they're little, they must suck and be all SPORTZ ENTRERTAINMENT! and stuff? In Mexico, mini's are actually treated like regualr atheltes. Stereotypes aren't fun guys.

The whole Electro Shock / Lady Apache / El Zorro v. Chessman / Tiffany / Charlie Manson feud is much more compelling.

Bleh... another one of those fueds you wish would just go away but won't.

Now that I think about it, though......why AAA to begin with?  A partnership with CMLL makes more sense, seeing as.....you know.....CMLL has a lot of actually GOOD workers.

TNA tried to bring in Shocker and Negro Casas but they wouldn't work on a show with Konnan or something... dunno. I think Tenay may have connections with AAA or something.

Guest El Satanico

As long as Mini La Parka is on the show, I'll be pleased with it.

Guest MikeSC

I can't STAND the minis on that show.  Just fucking awful.

What's with all the midget hate? Just becuase they're little, they must suck and be all SPORTZ ENTRERTAINMENT! and stuff? In Mexico, mini's are actually treated like regualr atheltes. Stereotypes aren't fun guys.

I can say that I have seen them --- and they aren't good. Armdrags, hurricanranas, and little else. TNA has more talent than to need to resort to this on their biggest show of the year.

-=Mike

doesn't matter how good the wee people are in the ring. the fact is that the U.S. viewers aren't going to take them seriously.

how about an X Division #1 Contender's match instead? see, its not that hard to book a good show.

I can't STAND the minis on that show.  Just fucking awful.

Who's stereotyping? They're awful. It wouldn't matter if they were 7 feet tall. They're just NOT entertaining. This match will either be played two ways: they'll be all serious, and hope to "wow" the U.S. audiences, who couldn't care less. Or this will be a total comedy match, and fans may appreciate the novelty of it but after the match, the novelty will have worn off and the fans still couldn't care less.

I'll hate it either way.

Bleh... another one of those fueds you wish would just go away but won't.

It has dragged on a bit, but let's be honest - this is as compelling as AAA gets. This is probably the only Sportz Entertainment thing I've seen them do that has succeeded on any level.

Now that I think about it, though......why AAA to begin with?  A partnership with CMLL makes more sense, seeing as.....you know.....CMLL has a lot of actually GOOD workers.

TNA tried to bring in Shocker and Negro Casas but they wouldn't work on a show with Konnan or something... dunno. I think Tenay may have connections with AAA or something.

All the more reason to fire Konnan to let him go stink up a WWE ring.

I'd like to see Shocker brought in. Negro Casas isn’t the best they have to offer…..I’d rather see Tarzan Boy or even Zumbido. And I’d like to see AMW defend against Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero.

I can say that I have seen them --- and they aren't good. Armdrags, hurricanranas, and little else. TNA has more talent than to need to resort to this on their biggest show of the year.

-=Mike

Mike, last year for the anniversary show they promised Sting.

This year they promise us Mexican midgets.

….I don’t think I can justify 10 bucks for this lineup.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

This will be one anniversary I'm gonna miss...I haven't watched for two months, and I won't watch until I get a job.

Guest Markingout
Who's stereotyping? They're awful. It wouldn't matter if they were 7 feet tall. They're just NOT entertaining. This match will either be played two ways: they'll be all serious, and hope to "wow" the U.S. audiences, who couldn't care less. Or this will be a total comedy match, and fans may appreciate the novelty of it but after the match, the novelty will have worn off and the fans still couldn't care less.

I'll hate it either way.

You might not find it entertaining, but these are the fans that like Amazing Red, and find him amazing. Well, Mascarita Segrada and Mini Abismo Negro are so much more amazing. What is not amazing about so many amazing weird combos, that will be ripped by American crusiers ten years from now.

This is not even Mascarita Segrada's most amazing move this year, this is how it went: He jumped up on Mini Abismo Negro's shoulders, then lept down into a wheelbarrow, then from the wheelbarrow, he goes behind MAN, and does a satillate headscissors. If that is not amazing then how about a move, where Mascarita Segrada, jumps and MAN arm and then goes over and under his arm twice, then goes with a head scissors all in about 4 seconds. The mini's are 2 times more amazing and quick than regular crusierweights because of there size.

All the more reason to fire Konnan to let him go stink up a WWE ring.

I'd like to see Shocker brought in. Negro Casas isn’t the best they have to offer…..I’d rather see Tarzan Boy or even Zumbido. And I’d like to see AMW defend against Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero.

Your going to fire Konnan to bring in Mexicans that aren't established to TNA fans? I hate to say it, but the AAA guys have gotten over with the TNA fans quickly. I'd rather see El Hijo del Santo rather than any of those guys. El Hijo del Santo owns the mat, and is so graceful. One of the best in the world. Shocker is good, but really overrated.