TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rrrsh

By the IWC, Who is is the most Overrated Wrestler

Guest Rrrsh

I got to say Angle. I have yet to see a match by him with great psychology. He really sells like shit as well. His intensity is un-rivaled, and he is great at timing. But, it really gets annoying when his matches rarely tell a story. Now he is VERY good, but he isnt great and he sure isnt top 3 in the past 5 years like everyone says he is.

Ric Flair. Now, Flair's work in the 80's and early 90's deserves all the praise it gets, but I'm talking about Flair now. Everyone has acted like he's doing the same stuff he did 15 years ago. Flair is so washed up it isn't funny. I can think of maybe 1 or 2 good matches he's had since joining WWE. I respect him for going out there and wrestling in his 50's, but he's definitely not one of the best workers on Raw.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Rrr, if you're talking about pro wrestling as a whole then it's ok, but if you're talking about plain wrestling, then psychology really doesn't matter.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Hmmm...

Brock Lesnar

Brock Lensar

and

Brock Lesnar

PLEASE someone tell me how he can be called a great wrestler?

Hmmm...

Brock Lesnar

Brock Lensar

and

Brock Lesnar

Great selling (watch him vs. Eddy, vs. Angle). Great bumping for anyone even cruisers and watch the bump he took in the corner charge vs. Eddy at No Way Out. Good timing and pacing.

I'll go Triple H.

Even in his glory days of 2000-2001 when he had that streak of awesome matches they were all against great competitors. "Oh, wow, Triple H had a great match against Jericho, Benoit, Rock, Foley, Austin etc." Note his match with Undertaker at WM, quite average. I always thought he was good, but everyone made out like he was awesome when I always thought his greatness depended on his opponent.

And I'm not HHHating, I've just always thought he was overrated.

Rrr, if you're talking about pro wrestling as a whole then it's ok, but if you're talking about plain wrestling, then psychology really doesn't matter.

You're serious.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

you're just trolling now.

Guest Rrrsh

Why Jericho...I think he might be on my top 5 for Underrated.

And as for HHH, I think the HHH hate from the past two years kinda balances out any love he got in 2000.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Hmmm...

Brock Lesnar

Brock Lensar

and

Brock Lesnar

Great selling (watch him vs. Eddy, vs. Angle). Great bumping for anyone even cruisers and watch the bump he took in the corner charge vs. Eddy at No Way Out. Good timing and pacing.

But that would make him a good bumper. Not a great wrestler.

Seems like he's studied Curt Hennig book on how to over-sell, but Hennig could carry almost anyone to good matches.

I'd call Lesnar very good, but not great. He improved a great deal from when he debuted, and had he stayed, could have developed into a great wrestler.

Brock was never really in many situations where he had to carry people. Big Show was really the only time, and Big Show had some of the best matches of his career against Lesnar.

Guest Rrrsh
For marks Jericho might be underrated but when it comes to smarks and the net Jericho is mega overrated.

But why? Everyone else is explaining themselves.

Why is Jericho overrated.

Because he's considered a great worker but where are all these "great" matches to back that up?

Yah he had some great ones with Benoit and Rock, and one good match with HHH. A decent, yet wildly overrated, match with HBK and some good stuff in WCW and Japan.

But he also killed WCW cruiser division, underperformed in several "supposed to be good" matches with Austin and Angle among others.

He rests way too much when working heel and his mic work hasn't impressed me in recent times.

He's good and is a pretty good worker but he's nowhere near elite or as good as the net considers him.

Guest Rrrsh
But he also killed WCW cruiser division, underperformed in several "supposed to be good" matches with Austin and Angle among others.

I dont understand how you think he killed the cruiser divison.

And Austin is the only one who rivals Angle for Most Overrated in the past 5 years. I think Jericho got stuck with overrated wrestlers and thats why those matches didnt meet your expectations. He single handely is convincing smarks Christian is a great worker. Jericho should get an award for that.

I dont understand how you think he killed the cruiser divison.

And Austin is the only one who rivals Angle for Most Overrated in the past 5 years. I think Jericho got stuck with overrated wrestlers and thats why those matches didnt meet your expectations. He single handely is convincing smarks Christian is a great worker. Jericho should get an award for that.

Let's see, 1997 features amazing cruiser action from the likes of Eddie and Rey. 1998 features boring cruiser matches with Jericho. His character and promos were fantastic but he harmed that division mroe than helped it.

And who in the blue hell considers Christian a good worker?

Guest Rrrsh
Let's see, 1997 features amazing cruiser action from the likes of Eddie and Rey. 1998 features boring cruiser matches with Jericho. His character and promos were fantastic but he harmed that division mroe than helped it.

A: Jericho/Juvi and Jericho/Malenko was teh best WCW had by FAR in 98. The Cruiser divison wa skilled cuz Bischoff didnt push anybody from teh divison and let it get stale.

B: ALOT of people on this board, unfortunatly.

A: Jericho/Juvi and Jericho/Malenko was teh best WCW had by FAR in 98. The Cruiser divison wa skilled cuz Bischoff didnt push anybody from teh divison and let it get stale.

B: ALOT of people on this board, unfortunatly.

Jericho/Dean was an awesome feud but the matches weren't anything special. Jericho/Juvi had betetr matches but a worse feud. And after Jericho left the picture, the cruiser division died since he didn't give a shit about the belt post GAB.

And how can anyone possibly call Christian a good worker? He couldn't work a freaking cage match with using a rest hold.

Guest Rrrsh

I agree with you on Christian, but people seem to think that he could ME with Christian, that he is so improved blah blah blah. Jericho made his ass look great.

The demise of the CW divison is in no way Jericho fault.

I agree with you on Christian, but people seem to think that he could ME with Christian, that he is so improved blah blah blah. Jericho made his ass look great.

The demise of the CW divison is in no way Jericho fault.

I maintain that Jericho didn't benefit the cruiser divison at all and I also maintain he's hella overrated. But I will agree that some of his best recent work was with Christian. Christian, a guy who it took 15 minutes at WM20 to figure out 'gee golly Jericho has a knee injury, maybe I should do something with that'.

He's gone so downhill since E&C broke up, it's sad.

Guest Ray
Angle. I have yet to see a match by him with great psychology.

Summerslam 2001, sonny. Even though 'twas Austin who brought the great psych. ;)

Mind telling me the difference between "whole pro wrestling" and "plain wrestling" ?

Is it like white bread and wheat bread...?

Well he's not a great wrestler. He's a good wrestler who was becoming a very good wrestler.

His athleticism is amazing. His execution is generally very good. His bumping (especially for his size) is fantastic. He can sell an injury for an extended period of time (often unlike his alleged better, Angle). He plays (or rather, played) a great character. He has a tremendous physical presence...an aura, if you will. He can bring quite a bit of high-end offense (unlike, say, Triple H). Plenty of reasons for him to be considered a good wrestler.

For marks Jericho might be underrated but when it comes to smarks and the net Jericho is mega overrated.

Indeed, when he's put in the same league as Benoit/Guerrero.

Christian

He's gone so downhill since E&C broke up, it's sad.

He was never that good to begin with...

Everyone has acted like he's doing the same stuff he did 15 years ago. Flair is so washed up it isn't funny.

Who has done this?

Everybody on these forums have either shit all over Flair, or acknowledged that now he's just a comedy act.

Some people on other boards (and I have seen a couple here) act like he's carrying the Raw roster and is better than most people there. Others lavishly praise his matches with Taker or HHH as "good to great." In reality, the Taker match sucked and the HHH match was a typical Raw ME.

Guest Rrrsh
Angle. I have yet to see a match by him with great psychology.

Summerslam 2001, sonny. Even though 'twas Austin who brought the great psych. ;)

Yah that match OOOOZED psychology. Man 20 minutes of brawling then hitting your sig moves and bumping a ref 20 times is the GREATEST bit of psychology EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest wildpegasus

Austin's not an overrated wrestler overall. Simply put the guy knew what to do and when to do it. Above all else that's what makes a wrestler good and that's what makes matches timeless and rewatchable. Austin knew what to do and when in the WWF ring just as well or better than pretty almost anyone who was at the top of the card. He also had a strong work ethic in the ring. Austin vs Angle is actually one of the better matches the WWE has produced from 2000 on. I haven't watched is since it aired but the match did feature good physcology.