TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermortal

MTV True Life: I Have a Summer Share

Does anyone remember this awesome episode of True Life? I caught a replay a few days back and for one hour, I plunged right back into awesomeness.

What happens when a meathead construction worker goes down to the Jersey Shore looking for love, 3am steak "sanguiches", and good times with his friends?

The greatest hour in MTV history, that's what.

We laughed, we cried, we wanted to see the guy get his ass kicked. And oh yeah, we definitely felt a lot better about ourselves afterwards.

The greatest quote from the show was from the suave fat guy:

"I got a burp coming from the bottom of my ballsack. After that happens, I can enjoy my pizza."

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Poor Big Vito never found his potential Wife.

What the hell made him think he could find a wife out there anyway.

But, I enjoyed this edition of True Life (Which I think is an underrated show on MTV).

He's a big tough Italiano with a heart of gold who just wants someone to love, mang.

He probably killed his chances with that one girl by busting out the DRUNKEN PHONE CALL~!

Remember CT from Real World: Paris' "I'll fuckin' woorrrrrk you, dawg!" rant on Adam?

Every fight Tommy had with someone, it was exactly like that.

Tre-fucking-mendous

Guest Choken One

True Life is awesome as nearly every show is completely engrossing and entertaining or at least informative.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

true life is an often times awesome show (the one where the guy got calf implants, for example) but I don't remember this particular episode.

True Life is far and away the best show MTV ever created ...

The guy with the calf-implants? Awesome.

The fat-kid camp one, where the enormous kid has a sloppy makeout session with his fat girlfriend? Awesome. (doubly-awesome for the girl that lost like next to no weight and goes to impress the kid that she's got the hots for and he's wicked apathetic.)

The dad that cries because his son is willing to dress up like a stormtrooper for him? Awesome.

Not the mention the tweaker/raver episode, the midget episode, the paralyzed episode. Every episode that show has ever done has been at least half-way entertaining.

(doubly-awesome for the girl that lost like next to no weight and goes to impress the kid that she's got the hots for and he's wicked apathetic.)

That guy was the best.

"Uh, good job. You just need to lose 15 to 20 pounds more."

I still have the "I'm A Professional Wrestler" one from a few years back. They followed one WWE (F back then) wrestler (HHH), one wrestler on the independent circuit, and one guy training at a wrestling school.

I still have the "I'm A Professional Wrestler" one from a few years back. They followed one WWE (F back then) wrestler (HHH), one wrestler on the independent circuit, and one guy training at a wrestling school.

That episode produced one of the greatest lines ever:

Tony Atlas: "Anybody got a cell-a-phone????"

Heh, the quote was even funnier, because it called it a 'cellar phone'.

"Anybody got a cellar phone?"

That and when he was looking for money to pay for the ring...

"That's...that's a bill"

That episode was just entertaining because that guy would flip out on everyone, including his fiancee. The image of him walking down the street in his all-white tux, screaming at the top of his lungs about gutting the limo driver had me in hysterics.

The True Life: I'm going to fat camp episode was just depressing.

I loved the wedding one, where the guy freaks out on the limo driver for being an hour late: "I WILL GUT YOU LIKE A FUCKING FISH."

Yikes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I loved the wedding one, where the guy freaks out on the limo driver for being an hour late: "I WILL GUT YOU LIKE A FUCKING FISH."

Yikes.

Yeah the wedding one was hilarious. I mean 5 minutes into that episode my girlfriend turned to me and wondered why ANY FEMALE on the planet would want to marry that shmuck.

You guys remember the one with the Dad who thinks he was a rapper? I mean he was like 1/2 rapper & 1/2 hippie. It was just horrible. If I was that guy's son, I would truely be embarrased.

Then there was the "I have a drinking problem" episode where the guy with liver problems drank anyway, and there was the scene of him tearing up his wooden deck for no apparent reason. Also, the morbidly obese blonde girl who kept showing up late for her waitressing job at the gentleman's club that she realy had no business being hired for in the first place......

MTV - True Life: The laughs keep coming~!

Yikes.

Wasn't it something like "I'm going to hunt you like cattle", or something equally as non-sensical?

You guys remember the one with the Dad who thinks he was a rapper? I mean he was like 1/2 rapper & 1/2 hippie. It was just horrible. If I was that guy's son, I would truely be embarrased.

And he had the song called "You're a nigger" or something equally offensive, correct?

You guys remember the one with the Dad who thinks he was a rapper?  I mean he was like 1/2 rapper & 1/2 hippie.  It was just horrible.  If I was that guy's son, I would truely be embarrased.

And he had the song called "You're a nigger" or something equally offensive, correct?

The greatest part of that episode is when the kid said "bitch", and the father slapped the shit out of him.

Does anyone remember True life: Im a gamer? One of those guys was the biggest dork ive ever seen. I think it was the Unreal Tournament champ or something. He won like 200k that year and a free car and he rented out his parents basement to live in. I could think of about 200,000 better places to live than that.

The episode where the dad was convinced that he was a Jedi made for some entertainment. I about fucking lost it when he started crying while talking about Star Wars. And when he showed his toys to his son's girlfriend? GOLD.

"Good guy, good guy, good guy, bad guy, bad guy, good guy dressed like bad guy...."

Does anyone remember True life: Im a gamer? One of those guys was the biggest dork ive ever seen. I think it was the Unreal Tournament champ or something. He won like 200k that year and a free car and he rented out his parents basement to live in. I could think of about 200,000 better places to live than that.

Think about it....you're still 18-20 years old and you're earning 200K a year. Your parents are more than happy to give you a cheap place to live. Your money stacks up over the course of say....5 or so years. Eventually, you've earned nearly a million and can now buy a decent place, and have some money left over to live on for years until you have to go get a real job.

I'd say that he was smart.

Does anyone remember True life: Im a gamer?  One of those guys was the biggest dork ive ever seen.  I think it was the Unreal Tournament champ or something.  He won like 200k that year and a free car and he rented out his parents basement to live in.  I could think of about 200,000 better places to live than that.

Think about it....you're still 18-20 years old and you're earning 200K a year. Your parents are more than happy to give you a cheap place to live. Your money stacks up over the course of say....5 or so years. Eventually, you've earned nearly a million and can now buy a decent place, and have some money left over to live on for years until you have to go get a real job.

I'd say that he was smart.

I'd say he sounds like me like he is the uber-nerd.

That may be the smart thing to do finanically, but shit have some fun. All I know is if I had that much money I would at least spend a little to get out of my parents house. But of course he is the uber-nerd so he probably doesn't party or do anything besides play games.