Jaws (5)

The Godfather (27)

Taxi Driver (19)

To Kill A Mockingbird (13)

Apocalypse Now (14)

Citizen Kane (18)

The Shawshank Redemption (19)

Casablanca (13)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (9)

The Godfather Part II (22)

(1 None-Vote)

Quarter-Final Match-ups:

Fight Club

Reservoir Dogs

Scarface

The Godfather

Taxi Driver

Citizen Kane

The Shawshank Redemption

The Godfather Part II

Guest jm29195

Reservoir Dogs

The Godfather

Taxi Driver

The Godfather Part II

Guest Retro Rob

Reservoir Dogs

Scarface

Citizen Kane

The Shawshank Redemption

Guest Askewniverse

Reservoir Dogs

The Godfather

Taxi Driver

The Godfather Part II

Fight Club

Reservoir Dogs

Scarface

The Godfather

Taxi Driver

Citizen Kane

The Shawshank Redemption

The Godfather Part II

I flip-flopped back and forth on Fight Club and Reservoir Dogs. Initially I voted Fight Club based on plot alone, but then I had to go with the movie that featured superior directing. But really, those are two of my favorite movies of all time...it was like picking which one of my children I loved better. Please don't make me go through this again.

Guest Joshua A. Norton

Fight Club

Reservoir Dogs

Scarface

The Godfather

Taxi Driver

Citizen Kane

The Shawshank Redemption

The Godfather Part II

I haven't seen all of the movies here, so it wouldn't be right for me to vote. But I just find it interesting that the choices here are almost exactly the same as in the favorite movie tournament... somehow, it just seems wrong to me.

Reservoir Dogs

The Godfather

Citizen Kane

The Godfather Part II

Final 4. Of course I think Shawshank Redemption and Scarface are both better than Reservoir Dogs and Fight Club.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I haven't seen all of the movies here, so it wouldn't be right for me to vote. But I just find it interesting that the choices here are almost exactly the same as in the favorite movie tournament... somehow, it just seems wrong to me.

The only one I can remember is Reservoir Dogs, and if the majority can honestly vote that as a better movie than the Godfather movies and (not counting III) and Citizen Kane, then I give up.

I knew I should've rigged this thing so all the movies I hoped would lose would.

Fight Club

Scarface

Taxi Driver

The Shawshank Redemption

What is the appeal of the Godfather? I found it to be a boring movie with wooden acting the first time around. Maybe if I gave it another shot, I might like it, but I dunno..

Goodfellas is better by a wide margin, in my book.

What is the appeal of the Godfather? I found it to be a boring movie with wooden acting the first time around. Maybe if I gave it another shot, I might like it, but I dunno..

Goodfellas is better by a wide margin, in my book.

'goodfellas' is 'godfather' with a shorter attention span. the camera moves more, the cuts are quicker, the pace is insane, but it doesn't take the time to build its characters as fully or carefully as 'godfather' does. 'godfather' has a richer arc to build itself around (the simultaneous rise and fall of michael corleone), and its great scenes really hit home emotionally in a way that 'goodfellas' tries to top by just being flashier. 'goodfellas' has some awe-inspiring moments, but they just can't top the wife-beating scene & the baptism scene & vito's reaction to sonny's death. and the character of michael corleone trumps everything 'goodfellas' has to offer; his slow descent into evil is one of the great transformations in american movies, acting-wise and script-wise.

check it out again. i didn't like it at all the first time i saw it; it does take its sweet little time and seems to be wandering a lot (that wedding scene does take forever, and the movie seems to grind to a halt when michael has to hide out in sicily). but i found myself watching it again in spite of myself, and i loved it. i continue to love this movie more, every time i watch it. that just doesn't happen with 'goodfellas'.

The only one I can remember is Reservoir Dogs, and if the majority can honestly vote that as a better movie than the Godfather movies and (not counting III) and Citizen Kane, then I give up.

to say nothing of 'scarface' being a better movie than 'dr strangelove'.

Fight Club (18)

The Usual Suspects (14)

Reservoir Dogs (18)

Se7en (14)

Dr. Strangelove (15)

Scarface (17)

Taxi Driver (19)

To Kill A Mockingbird (13)

All of the above are a disgrace. Especially the winning of Scarface and Fight Club.

My votes:

Fight Club

The Godfather

Citizen Kane

The Godfather Part II

One of these is not the same as the others.

Guest BrokenWings

Fight Club

The Godfather

Citizen Kane

The Shawshank Redemption

Reservoir Dogs

The Godfather

Taxi Driver

The Shawshank Redemption

Guest KingofHarts

Reservoir Dogs

The Godfather

Citizen Kane

The Shawshank Redemption

If Shawshank Redemption and Citizen Kane lose, the greatest four movies of all time are action/crime films. I don't think this tournament was particularly successful in its goal to be completely different from the other tournament (though at least we won't have two Tarantinos as a final, but I probably just jinxed myself into getting a TD/RD final).

Guest El Satanico
I don't think this tournament was particularly successful in its goal to be completely different from the other tournament

Because the other tourney was the only proper way to do a movie tourney when the voters consist of mostly common fans. Common fans will vote based on which movie they like best, not based on the merit of said movies.

A tourney for favorite movie is the only kind of tourney that will work for us common fans.

This tourney was foolishly set up to be a tourney based the merits of a movie. This tourney was destined to be an overall failure from the start.