TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boner Kawanger

Weekend Box Office

I can't wait for the film; I'll be seeing it on Wednesday night. If none of my friends want to go, I'll see it by myself.

Guest MikeSC
I wouldn't be surprised to see Spiderman get more than $150 million next week.

I would.

That would be beyond massive!

I'm guessing around 112-115 but no higher than that. Any higher and I'll be stunned.

Plus "F 9/11" will hurt Spiderman out of the gate, believe it or not. Either that or it'll look like Moore's movie was pushed into more theaters and suffered one of the biggest sales drops in recorded history.

F 9/11 won't affect Spidey 2 period.

Hell, it'll have as long a run at #1 in the box office as "You Got Served".

-=Mike

...Expects to see a rather impressive drop in business for Moore's opus...

I would.

I'm guessing around 112-115 but no higher than that. Any higher and I'll be stunned.

Plus "F 9/11" will hurt Spiderman out of the gate, believe it or not. Either that or it'll look like Moore's movie was pushed into more theaters and suffered one of the biggest sales drops in recorded history.

-=Mike

A drop? Of course it will drop down in business, because that is what most movies do. However, it will only drop about 10-15% which isn't that bad for a second week.

If it gets about 200 more theaters, it might actually do better business. If Spidey is sold out, F911 might be their second choice.

It would be my second choice.

I'm going but I'm a lot less interested. The previews gave away way too much of the film, the soundtrack is depressing as hell, and seeing Tobey mope around for 2 hours isn't very appealing

While I don't think the preview gave away too much, I think I figured out the story (comic-book fans will know waht I'm talking about): I think it's a mixture of Amazing Spider-Man #50 and Doc Ock's second (third?) appearance on AS-M. If so, they picked two of the best-loved Spidey stories.

Guest MikeSC

I would.

-=Mike

A drop? Of course it will drop down in business, because that is what most movies do. However, it will only drop about 10-15% which isn't that bad for a second week.

If it gets about 200 more theaters, it might actually do better business. If Spidey is sold out, F911 might be their second choice.

Why pay when you can get it for free?

-=Mike

I really have no interest in seeing it, so there's one in America.

Commie.

Oh, wait. Spidey's red. Nevermind.

Terrorist.

Actually, I won't be seeing it in the theaters, but I'll get the DVD once it comes out, which is what I did with the first movie...

I have no interest in Spidey 2 since I hated the first one.

I saw that the Tiger movie got really good reviews, but I didn't expect it to make any money and it didn't. Which is kinda sad, but like I said expected out of a movie with no real "gimmick".

Just like BFC, I will be watching Fahrenheit 9/11 on my computer.

I think it should be noted that 3 of this years films will likely finish in the top 10 for all time box office.

spiderman 2

shrek 2

passion of the christ

I think that is impressive.

Why is everyone hating so much on "White Chicks"? (Well evidently not everyone considering it's number 2 :P) But really, there have been a lot worse at the movies. I actually thought it was funny, a lot don't but who cares? Still had a great opening. And contrary to what anyone says The Wayans Brothers rule.

Guest Choken One

Damon and Marlon rule...

The rest suck.

Damon can do some funny shit...and Marlon can actually act...the rest of them fuckers just suck.

Well yea...I agree, but I have to say their sister, as well as Keenan Ivory Wayans (When he was more into acting) can be funny most of the time. Although I've always hated Shawn :/.

Guest Choken One

the only thing Shawn has is that he is the best looking of the group.

I would.

-=Mike

Why pay when you can get it for free?

-=Mike

I did download it and it wouldn't work for me.