TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest INXS

Saddam being handed over to Iraq for trial

I am uncomfortably agreeing with NoCal here.

Saddam Hussein will pull what Klaus Barbie's lawyer and Slobodan Milosevic did infront of court. He's fucked, he knows he's fucked and by god he's going to abuse the fact that people are forced to listen to him one last time.

Like Barbie's lawyer made the French resistance look ugly (which it was in the end, a terrorist insurgant force. On the side of good according to history but yeah, same thing), like Milosevic pounded the US and the UN in court; that's how Saddam will try to have a go at the US.

He's going down but he'll be damned if he can't at least take a lot of reputations with him.

Sure, a lot of people simply won't believe him because they can smell just how vindictive he feels. But it'll fuel the fires of the conspiracy nuts and anti-establishment fanatics. And that'll be his legacy.

well not just the "conspiracy nuts" but just people in general seeking the truth. I mean it is probably accurate to say that anything Saddam spews during this long trial, won't be fully examined/investigated for another 5-10 years anyway, so even attemting to debate what he says the minute he says it, will be pretty useless. Not only that, but a lot about the USA/IRAQ relationship has already been documented and written about in various books, however once SADDAM HIMSELF SAYS IT, the right-wing(especially right wing radio) is going to take that as a chance to say, "looky loooky everyone, Saddam the the liberals are saying the same thing, THEY ARE ALL TERRORISTS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" You know that is coming soon.

You keep ignoring that AMERICA was the country that STOPPED arming him YEARS earlier. France and the US had tons of heat with one another because the US wanted France to stop selling weapon systems to Iraq, but France refused as it made them a killing.

-=Mike

No I am not "ignoring" any of that. And anyways, the same thing could be said about America ignoring the gassing of the kurds right after it happened, and never really cared or spoke up about it until a decade later when it was convienent to use in a talking point in a debate. Not to say Saddam shouldn't go unpunished for it, he definately should, however I don't like how suddenly it is some huge deal when as it was happening and immediately following the tragic event, there wasn't a peep about it, or anyone asking where he happened to get the chemical agents from.......

Guest Nanks

That would be Russian teen sensation Maria Sharapova who just won her way through to the Wimbledon final.

Guest INXS

She's one hot piece of ass. Loads of pics of her in the Daily Mail today.

Off topic I know, but fuck it theres nothing else going to be happening in this trial for a while, so just for KKK.

shara2.jpg

Guest INXS

That James Beattie is one hot piece of ass...

wait, you meant Maria...that's my new wallpaper..cheers baron!

If I was a woman, I'd fuck him, if only to persuade him not to go to Newcastle, that is actually Anders Svennson in my sig tho, in honour of Wayzing.

Furthermore, no court proceedings anywhere, ever have been broadcast live regardless of who was involved, why do you only have a problem now all of a sudden??

*cough*OJ*cough*

Guest MikeSC
No I am not "ignoring" any of that. And anyways, the same thing could be said about America ignoring the gassing of the kurds right after it happened, and never really cared or spoke up about it until a decade later when it was convienent to use in a talking point in a debate. Not to say Saddam shouldn't go unpunished for it, he definately should, however I don't like how suddenly it is some huge deal when as it was happening and immediately following the tragic event, there wasn't a peep about it, or anyone asking where he happened to get the chemical agents from.......

The gassing of the Kurds WAS a problem for us. That was one of the driving forces behind us totally cutting off military aid.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Ok, why wasn't this appearance broadcast live? Why do we have to wait hours later to see Saddam in court earlier today? Are they afraid that Saddam will say something they don't want us to hear? It stands to reason that it will come out about Saddam being funded by the US to fight Iran....or will it, thanks to nice editing?

BTW, apparently, the IRAQI JUDGE requested that the trial not be shown live, not us.

-=Mike

Guest INXS

..and it's not like te Iraqi judge isn't controlled by the US and that the whole trial is orchestrated by the US. If you think that we have no say in what's going on in Iraq now you are sadly deluded.

Guest Nanks

Are you wearing a metal bowl on your head right now so the CIA can't read your thoughts with their satellites??

Guest MikeSC
..and it's not like te Iraqi judge isn't controlled by the US and that the whole trial is orchestrated by the US. If you think that we have no say in what's going on in Iraq now you are sadly deluded.

I know, them dark-skinned people MUST have the white man tell them how to run a legitimate government, right?

-=Mike

...Yeesh, your condescension is borderline racist here...

Are you Saddam's speechwriter or something?

Guest MikeSC

Are you Saddam's speechwriter or something?

No.

-=Saddam, I mean INXS :)

Guest INXS

I know, them dark-skinned people MUST have the white man tell them how to run a legitimate government, right?

-=Mike

...Yeesh, your condescension is borderline racist here...

Woah, woah...back up. I was in no way being racist.

If you don't think that the US have a hand in Saddam's trial you are mistaken. From the edited news footage to the the WHOLE trial...who do you think appointed the judge? Who do you think "handed over" power to the Iraqi's so that this trial can go ahead? At the moment, before the proposed elections in January, the Iraqi government is merely a puppet of the US. Just like in Afghanistan.

Guest MikeSC

If you don't think that the US have a hand in Saddam's trial you are mistaken. From the edited news footage to the the WHOLE trial...who do you think appointed the judge? Who do you think "handed over" power to the Iraqi's so that this trial can go ahead? At the moment, before the proposed elections in January, the Iraqi government is merely a puppet of the US. Just like in Afghanistan.

Editing was asked by the judge to protect the Iraqis in court who'd become targets for violence.

But, again, dark-skinned people can't POSSIBLY govern themselves without tons of interference from others, right? That you dismiss them so flippantly is a little insulting.

-=Mike

Guest INXS

Editing was asked by the judge to protect the Iraqis in court who'd become targets for violence.

But, again, dark-skinned people can't POSSIBLY govern themselves without tons of interference from others, right? That you dismiss them so flippantly is a little insulting.

-=Mike

It has nothing to do with the color of their skin, where the hell did you pull that one from?

Yes, power has been transfered but you have to remember who appointed the new leader; in other words, the new leader is merely a puppet of the US, selected by the US, taking orders from the US. I don't particulary mind it, it's a good route to go until the elections in January and it might even bring a little stability to the country.

I am fully aware that the footage from the court had to be edited to protect the identity of the judge, that's fair enough but the editing went beyond that.

The media attending the hearing were all hand picked by the US and the footage was heavily edited...hell, we didn't even get any sound! My main point here, is that if next year when the actual case begins (unless Saddam does a Slobadan and gets the case thrown out due to health issues, wouldn't that be something?) are we going to get heavily edited pictures and no sound so the outside world don't hear a few home truths regarding Saddam and the US?

Guest MikeSC
It has nothing to do with the color of their skin, where the hell did you pull that one from?

Yes, power has been transfered but you have to remember who appointed the new leader; in other words, the new leader is merely a puppet of the US, selected by the US, taking orders from the US. I don't particulary mind it, it's a good route to go until the elections in January and it might even bring a little stability to the country.

I am fully aware that the footage from the court had to be edited to protect the identity of the judge, that's fair enough but the editing went beyond that.

The media attending the hearing were all hand picked by the US and the footage was heavily edited...hell, we didn't even get any sound! My main point here, is that if next year when the actual case begins (unless Saddam does a Slobadan and gets the case thrown out due to health issues, wouldn't that be something?) are we going to get heavily edited pictures and no sound so the outside world don't hear a few home truths regarding Saddam and the US?

France should be far more worried about what he will say than we will be. We stopped dealing with him years ago.

-=Mike