TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nl5xsk1

Cell Phone Ringtones

Has anyone actually bought a ringtone for their cellphone on-line? I've been looking to get a song or two to add to my phone, and really can't figure out a) where to get them ... b) if it's worth it ... c) if my phone even has the capability of having songs added (it's a Verizon).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Guest Fook

Don't buy one. There are dozens of sites out there that'll just tell you which notes to use for pretty much any song you want. All you have to do is add it manually.

I've got a couple on my phone, mainly because the regular rings on it suck!! It's apparently too much to ask for a ring that sounds like, well, a ring. So naturally, I downloaded "Born Slippy" by Underworld...

I have the Sanford and Son themesong. There were tons I would have wanted but they usually don't sound like the song they are supposed to. This one did. And since it was only 99 cents I said what the hell.

As far as how, go to the website of your carrier, which you said was Verizon, or of the phonemaker, which is most likely Nokia.

Verizon usually has a web based thing called Get It Now that lets you download games and ring tones for a small fee. Once you are on GIN, you go to the ringtones section and there are several services that have ringtones. Usually the service will allow you to demo the tones to see which one or ones you want.

I have 3 that kick ass and sound very much like the original songs.

1) Big Pimpin by Jay-Z

2) Knight Rider theme

3) Austin Powers theme

I almost got the Godfather theme, but it was no longer available when I decided I wanted it :(

I want to get some horror movie themed ring tones, I once heard someone with the Exorcist for their ring tone.

The only thing holding me back right now is the desire to upgrade my phone first.