TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deebo

NY Post: Kerry chooses Gephardt

The GOP might be able to tear away at Edwards' background by pointing out that he's currently very wealthy, but I don't see how they're going to be able to explain away that their man is the Paris Hilton style heir to an elite family.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

This thread's title is nothing short of hilarious today.

Watching ABC News right now, Kerry/Edwards may be as high as 15 points ahead of Bush/Cheney by the time of the DNC.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I'm calling BS on whatever poll they used. If Kerry couldn't get that kind of lead during the spring there's no way in hell he'd get that kind of boost from a VP choice that only political junkies like ourselves have heard of.

Guest MikeSC
I'm calling BS on whatever poll they used. If Kerry couldn't get that kind of lead during the spring there's no way in hell he'd get that kind of boost from a VP choice that only political junkies like ourselves have heard of.

Maybe they sampled the living hell out of Democrats for it. :)

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
15 Points is beyond exaggeration.

It also defies logic.

-=Mike

...If Bush named Powell as his VP and suddenly gained a 20 point lead, would you assume that the poll was accurate?

I'm calling BS on whatever poll they used.  If Kerry couldn't get that kind of lead during the spring there's no way in hell he'd get that kind of boost from a VP choice that only political junkies like ourselves have heard of.

-=Mike

Considering that Bush advisors are the ones saying this..

I'm sure they're able to do that. :lol:

Guest MikeSC
I'm calling BS on whatever poll they used.  If Kerry couldn't get that kind of lead during the spring there's no way in hell he'd get that kind of boost from a VP choice that only political junkies like ourselves have heard of.

-=Mike

Considering that Bush advisors are the ones saying this..

I'm sure they're able to do that. :lol:

It's called lowering expectations.

Kerry won't get a 15 point bump. Kerry won't get a 5 point bump.

-=Mike

Watching ABC News right now, Kerry/Edwards may be as high as 15 points ahead of Bush/Cheney by the time of the DNC.

Who did they sample -- the ABC newsroom?

But then that would mean Kerry/Edwards would have a bigger lead then. Nevermind.

This dynamic duo will probably get a bump come convention time, Big Media will be all on the Dems jock, then the GOP will have their convention and the polls will have a dead heat once again, and come November the election will boil down to a few hundred far-sighted Jews in the Sunshine State and cops setting up roadblocks so blacks can't vote...

Guest combat_rock

I read something once about how this race could be so close that Bush could actually become the only president to lose the popular vote and still win the house, and then have the same thing happen to him when he runs for re-election. Because if Edwards does help Kerry get the vote in some southern states, those will still be very close.

Personally, I think we should do away with the electorial college.

Oh, and it would be hilarious if John Edwards did a photo-op holding the Post up like Truman did during the Truman/Dewey debacle. In your face, Gephardt! :D

Guest Salacious Crumb

How will Edwards help win some southern states when polls were saying he probably wasn't even going to get re-elected in his own state?

Guest MikeSC
It seems the lovefest has been cranked up a notch or two...

capt.flco10607080413.kerry_flco106.jpg

"Ooh, Kerry, you ARE stiff all over."

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Now it's time for the afterglow...

capt.ohab10407072316.kerry_edwards_ohab104.jpg

They'll be spooning during the Convention.

-=Mike

How will Edwards help win some southern states when polls were saying he probably wasn't even going to get re-elected in his own state?

I call bullshit on this. There is no way Richard Burr would have beaten Edwards, no way in hell. I'd say Erskine Bowles may have some problems with Burr, but he's Erksine Bowles.