TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

This (Half) Week in Baseball

Guest Choken One
I wish somebody would explain to me why Sox fans are so obsessed with the Cubs.  They watch all our games, read all of the stories about us in the papers, call in to radio stations to bitch about Cub fans..... JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!  Nobody laughed when Maggs got hurt because nobody cares about the Chicago White Sox!  Sox fans are the most whiny, jealous, bitter fans in all of baseball.  They are absolutely the scum of the earth.  They are just a bunch of bitches, every single one of them.

And then.... A REDS FAN makes fun of us, too?  Why?!  The Cubs are still superior to the Reds and probably will be for years to come.  How did it feel when Griffey went down, huh?  How much do you miss the one week when people thought your team might actually comepete this year?

Honestly, I've always thought it was sick to make fun of injuries, which is why I have NEVER done it to any team's fans in my life, but apparently our neighbors to the South love nothing more than seeing a Cub go down.

Where the fuck do you see me staying anything about the reds and making fun of the cubs? WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU SEE THAT? YOU DONT.

It's you and Czech being the dicks who assume the fact that I mentioned the irony of the two most hyped teams coming into the season for the NL were wiped out by Injury was some sort of inside jab when it wasn't.

Typical of an idiotic Cubs fan to not properly read anything but that's ok...we Reds fans will not have to call our great great great great uncles to remember what a World Series win was like.

Go ahead and buy into the hype that the Cubs are the greatest thing ever because they aren't. The Whole legancy of the team and franchise is a complete joke. Years of Horrible front office moves and shitty ownership.

It's amazing that the fans of chicago drink the kool-ade.

That's interesting you say the Cubs are more superior since all that matters is WINNING the whole damn thing and your team is the most INEPT at that. My "team" only the 5th winningest team in World Series history behind NYY (26) St.Louis (9), Oakland/Philly A's (9),LA/Brooklyn(6) with the Reds in with 5.

Enjoy yet another 100 years of futility...

Is he worthy of HOF, al?

I can't really see him being inducted.

In a thread at SNKT, I argued that he should be in the HOF. But he is very much on the fence, and I could definately be convinced otherwise. Its hard to say, and assuming he retires under 500 home runs, I cannot endorse his candidacy whole-heartedly.

Guest FrigidSoul
You got to love how the over hyped Astros and Cubs are getting killed by injuries...

I blame this as the downfall of this thread. Things escalated from there and when nobody stepped in to tell people to knock it off other small wars were started. Also, for all of Choken's claims of innocence its nice to see him then go and say

Typical of an idiotic Cubs fan to not properly read anything but that's ok...we Reds fans will not have to call our great great great great uncles to remember what a World Series win was like.

Go ahead and buy into your local hype that the Cubs are the greatest thing ever because they aren't. The Whole legancy of the team and franchise is a complete joke. It's amazing that the fans of chicago drink the kool-ade.

which of course will send this further into a pile of shit. Its not even worth it to go into Site Feedback because all that will be said is "Its just flaming on the internet. Grow thicker skin." when the whole point is I don't come here to scroll through mounds of this, but to talk about a subject that interests me. I see I can't even do that now.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I'm on the fence about Crime Dog so I looked him up.

.285/.378/.511

491 homers

1543 RBI

won 2 pennents and 1 World Series with the Braves.

The weird thing is HOF Monitor gives him a score of exactly 100, which is the cutoff between in and out. He's like the ultimate on the fence guy.

ps - If Delgado thinks he's getting an extension on that enormous ass contract he's outta his mind.

I think Delgado just doesn't want to be a rent-a-player, and I don't really blame him. I'm pretty sure he knows he isn't going to make the same money anywhere next year and I wish the Jays could get something for him instead of just letting him walk away, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I'm on the fence about Crime Dog so I looked him up.

.285/.378/.511

491 homers

1543 RBI

won 2 pennents and 1 World Series with the Braves.

The weird thing is HOF Monitor gives him a score of exactly 100, which is the cutoff between in and out. He's like the ultimate on the fence guy.

ps - If Delgado thinks he's getting an extension on that enormous ass contract he's outta his mind.

Keep in mind baseball-reference doesn't keep current stats. He's got another two HRs on his resume. Not big at all, but just something to keep in mind when using the site.

Also, the HOF Monitor is meant to predict voting patterns, and is not a tool itself in evaluating a player's HOF worthiness.

I'm on the fence about him going in although his 162 game averages are very similar to Rafael Palmeiro and has the same career OPS+, 134. The thing working against McGriff is even though they both came up in 1986, Palemiro has some how played 134 more games so his career totals are better across the board.

It would be interesting to see who the HOF would chooose for the cap McGriff should wear if he was elected. Can make cases for Toronto, San Diego, and Atlanta. He was at his best in Toronto and San Diego but I think some might remember him better with the Braves.

I'm on the fence about him going in although his 162 game averages are very similar to Rafael Palmeiro and has the same career OPS+, 134. The thing working against McGriff is even though they both came up in 1986, Palemiro has some how played 134 more games so his career totals are better across the board.

His best case is that his career stats are very similar to Willie Stargell's, in my view.

It would be interesting to see who the HOF would chooose for the cap McGriff should wear if he was elected. Can make cases for Toronto, San Diego, and Atlanta. He was at his best in Toronto and San Diego but I think some might remember him better with the Braves.

I'd love to see him come up with a split cap. McGriff has been a classy player, and I can't see him siding with a single organization.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

is there anyone with a split cap? And if not, how retarded is that on a scale of 1 to 10?

Guest Anglesault

Jason Giambi is causing me to go grey.

I am RAPIDLY running out of patience with this fucking guy.

Again, maybe I'm too hard on him. He never hits the fucking ball, but he has a real knack for those two out, nobody on walks.

Jason Giambi is causing me to go grey.

I am RAPIDLY running out of patience with this fucking guy.

Again, maybe I'm too hard on him. He never hits the fucking ball, but he has a real knack for those two out, nobody on walks.

Giambi is hitting 169/299/355 with no one on base (17 walks in 143 appearances). He is hitting 330/470/538 with runners on base (24 walks in 115 appearances).

Aren't statistics a beautiful thing?

Guest Anglesault

Perhaps seeing him hit the ball directly into that fucking shift three times a day has clouded my judgment.

Just for arguments sake, how is Tino doing?

is there anyone with a split cap? And if not, how retarded is that on a scale of 1 to 10?

I don't think so, although I thought there was one, I can't find it. Catfish Hunter does have a plain cap though.

Guest Anglesault

In other news, the Yanks are bing one hit by the QUALITY Mike Moroth.

Perhaps seeing him hit the ball directly into that fucking shift three times a day has clouded my judgment.

Giambi: 237/375/433, 37.2 Runs Created, 9 Win Shares

Martinez: 266/365/471, 42.1 Runs Created, 8 Win Shares

Guest Anglesault

Giambi: 237/375/433, 37.2 Runs Created, 9 Win Shares

Martinez: 266/365/471, 42.1 Runs Created, 8 Win Shares

Well, I can certainly see the need for the huge upgrade there.

Guest Anglesault

You know what?

Put Giambi back on the DL or bench him or whatever you have to do and play Tony Clark. Clark can at least field a ball and can't suck much worse than Giambi at this point.

Guest Anglesault

I don't even know where to begin with this game.

The words escape me. We can't hit MIKE FUCKING MAROTH, our allstar pitcher is a disaster, and our first basemen has no worth whatsoever.

Yes, I know, we're the best team in baseball. It makes me all tingly.

Guest Anglesault
Clark's hitting .234. Is he that much better?

Infinitely.

I'll take a first baseman who can't hit a lick but can field well over a first baseman who can't hit or field.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

God damn, I go to grab some food after a 1-2-3 inning, come back and all of the sudden it's 8-0 and some shmuck is robbing Jeter!?

BAH.

Guest Anglesault
God damn, I go to grab some food after a 1-2-3 inning, come back and all of the sudden it's 8-0 and some shmuck is robbing Jeter!?

BAH.

Don't get me started.

Guest Anglesault

I'll be damned.

Giambi fielded a ball without making an error OR falling down.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Did someone forget to tell them this was a 4 game series?

Guest Anglesault
Did someone forget to tell them this was a 4 game series?

Probably.

They weren't what a sane person would call "good" yesterday either.

Over here in Kansas City:

Royals 11, Twins 1

Leadoff HR from David DeJesus (the first HR of his career)

Grand Slam from Dee Brown

Two-run HR from Desi Relaford

Bases loaded hits from Dee and Ruben Mateo

Oh yeah, last night around 3:30am, Jackson county Missouri (where I'm at and the county that Kansas City is in) had a tornado warning. Do you think they woke all those Twins up so they could go to the basement?

Either way.. we're scoring!

The Mets offensive explosion is officially over as they are getting schooled by Kevin Millwood tonight. Jae Seo pitch very well, but will probably be the tough luck loser.