TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

This (Half) Week in Baseball

Guest FrigidSoul

Not to mention I believe Doug Davis came into the game with a 3.38 ERA. He's having a great season and is tough on lefties with his sweeping breaking ball. It would be better to have Walker available to hit when you want him to against a RH pitcher and runners on later.

David Newhan comes up with the clutch 2 run double to give the Orioles the lead 5-3.

Now the question is can the bullpen hold it...not looking that way. Crawford with a triple and scores on a ground out to make it 5-4.

All I saw on the Mets one read "Shea Stadium" so it might be an anniversary patch?

That's a good tribute for McGraw though.

Guest FrigidSoul
By that I mean Mark Prior is out again.

If I have an outstanding rookie pitcher the last person I want managing him is Dusty Baker. Dusty has effectively killed Mark Prior in like 2 seasons.

As for Mark Prior, he accumulated no pitcher abuse points during his tenure back, so Dusty can't really be blamed for this one. Either its minor, or they rushed him back too soon.

Guest Choken One

You got to love how the over hyped Astros and Cubs are getting killed by injuries...

Yeah, it is pretty great, especially since the Cubs are somehow still in front of the Reds and all.

And the Astros have NOT been killed by injuries. They've had some, yes, but to say they've been killed by them is a pretty good reach.

Guest Choken One

Who the fuck ever said anything about the reds?

The reds weren't supposed to do anything. The Mighty Cubs and Astros were The odds on Favorites to win the whole thing.

Who the fuck ever said anything about the reds?

The reds weren't supposed to do anything. The Mighty Cubs and Astros were The odds on Favorites to win the whole thing.

Yeah, I know. The chronic injuries the Cubs have endured this year is really starting to frustrate me and has put me in a bad mood.

I actually think it's cool that the Reds are showing signs of life. I want Griffey to get another chance to play for something big one day.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
or they rushed him back too soon.

*ding ding*

I'm starting to regret trading for Prior after he returned. More importantly though, if this is a serious thing, I think the Cubs are in a lot of trouble unless they make a move that would bring another ace to their starting rotation.

Guest FrigidSoul

Here's a guy I wouldn't mind seeing the Red Sox pick up via a trade.

Can't go wrong with a bullpen of(when healthy)

Timlin

Williamson

Lescanik

Embree

Sullivan

Foulke

Guest FrigidSoul

I said no to alkeiper when he offered Roberto Hernandez and I'll say the same to you.

On a side note, this was a perfect exhibition on the evils of the save stat. What's the point of holding back your best reliever for when you have the lead? That's when you can most afford to give up a run.

Guest FrigidSoul

He's actually pitched 3 scoreless tonight, plus we don't have anybody to replace him in the rotation.

If he faulters they should bring in Ramiro Mendoza who was activated today. I want my Ramiro Mendoza for BJ Ryan trade damnit. If you're going to have 12 pitchers add BJ Ryan to that bullpen I made and you have a damn good one.

Guest FrigidSoul

Kentucky Fried Kevin Millar loligags about and watches a pop-up flyball land in front of him to give the Angels a run. He was actually looking to Bill Mueller to make a play out in LF.

Al, if you'll take Kentucky Fried Kevin we'll take Roberto Hernandez. We can just toss him into a deal with a B level prospect for Scott Sullivan due to his salary.