TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

This (Half) Week in Baseball

That was kind of a cheap win by the Mets tonight. A win is a win, but other than the strong performance by the pen, I really don't think they played that well. Stanton looked his best for the whole season and Moreno looked tremendous. Piazza's bat is SLOW, he needs to break out soon, his OBP is under .400 for I believe the first time this season. His BA is well below .300 also, after getting up around .330 last month. Plus, he hasn't hit a homerun in 19 games, Ouch. The pen was the story for the Mets tonight, hopefully they can build off that.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

if you've ever wondered why I take such great pleasure in mocking the Cubs, join me on a stroll down memory lane.

- Cubs announce Prior will miss the first couple weeks of spring training due to a leg injury

- Word gets out that Prior is experiencing elbow discomfort

- Cubs announce Prior will miss the first couple weeks of the season due to a leg injury

- Cubs deny any elbow discomfort

- Cubs announce Prior will miss the first couple months of the season due to a leg injury

- Prior returns

- After 37 innings, Prior experiences elbow discomfort

Ah, the Cubs...

Guest FrigidSoul

I wonder if he winds up needing TJ Surgery. I remember their denied reports on that and now he's out with an elbow problem.

Meanwhile, the topic for bitching after tonight's win over the Twins..

Pena used 5 pitchers to record the last 6 outs

And in those last two innings, the Royals recorded 5 strikeouts, hit a batter, committed one error and allowed a hit

Guest Choken One

I'm convinced after this ASB...Pena just wants to Pitch. Thats why he's killing his rotation.

Guest Choken One

I'm kind of clueless but what's the orgin of the Kentucky Fried Millar joke?

Is it a boston thing or what?

Millar does commercials for some chicken joint in Boston (it may be KFC itself; I've never seen them myself, for some reason.)

Nice to see the offense decided to take one more night off. Although Washburn is on my fantasy team, so I can't be TOO annoyed.

Guest Anglesault
The shamrock is in tribute of Tug McGraw.

EDIT: I don't know what the Mets have, but it could be for McGraw as well.

The Mets have a big ugly ass patch for their (equally ugly ass) ballpark.

Buried somewhere below it is a small tribute to Tug.

If nothing else, they have their priorites straight.

ESPN just said that the Cards are out of the Randy Johnson sweepstakes because they can't afford him.

OPEN YOUR WALLETS!

Actually, I am torn, the Cards want to slash some payroll the next few years. so they may have to hold onto some of their top prospects, especially if they are OF's that AZ wants as well as obvious pitching prospects.

if you've ever wondered why I take such great pleasure in mocking the Cubs, join me on a stroll down memory lane.

- Cubs announce Prior will miss the first couple weeks of spring training due to a leg injury

- Cubs announce Prior will miss the first couple weeks of the season due to a leg injury

- Cubs announce Prior will miss the first couple months of the season due to a leg injury

- Prior returns

Ah, the Cubs...

Well here's something you don't see every day, a bitter and spiteful Chicago White Sox fan! I mean, just imagine that. "North Side Envy," who knew? Face facts: your park is a dump, our marquee player is better than yours, and although you can mock Prior's injury and the Cubs all you want, the truth is we essentially have six competent pitchers at any time. Glendon Rusch has proven himself to be an awesome sixth man taking over for Wood and now evidently Prior, and is the lefty we wish Shawn Estes would've been last year. Meanwhile, the Sox struggle to have five good starters. Scott Schoeneweis? Puh-leeze.

Guest Choken One

and once again that means fucking what?

Is there a reason you two decided to assume that i was in some way going "REDS REDS REDS!"

No. I was simply pointing out the two hyped mega teams have died due to injuries.

But you had to go and be some sort of sarcastic dick about it.

Tidbit from the Twins/Royals game:

SS Cristian Guzman sat out after being treated for a nosebleed.

On checking the Twins board, Guzman apparently had nose surgery over the all-star break due to frequent nosebleeds.

The Orioles play in 7 hours and 40 minutes. A noon game on a friday..

Erik Bedard vs John Halama

On a side note, Daniel Cabrera is now 7-3 with a 3.01 ERA, and he only needs 2.1 ip to qualify for the league leaders in ERA (he would be 2nd behind Tim Hudson).

and once again that means fucking what?

Is there a reason you two decided to assume that i was in some way going "REDS REDS REDS!"

No. I was simply pointing out the two hyped mega teams have died due to injuries.

But you had to go and be some sort of sarcastic dick about it.

Well well well, looks like Someone has got their Panties in a Bunch, huh?

Man I was watching last night's D-Backs-Dodgers game. Randy Johnson can't get out of Arizona fast enough. He would be insane to retire in Arizona, the situation is pretty drastic over there.

Czech you don't seem to be handling this very well.

I wish somebody would explain to me why Sox fans are so obsessed with the Cubs. They watch all our games, read all of the stories about us in the papers, call in to radio stations to bitch about Cub fans..... JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY! Nobody laughed when Maggs got hurt because nobody cares about the Chicago White Sox! Sox fans are the most whiny, jealous, bitter fans in all of baseball. They are absolutely the scum of the earth. They are just a bunch of bitches, every single one of them.

And then.... A REDS FAN makes fun of us, too? Why?! The Cubs are still superior to the Reds and probably will be for years to come. How did it feel when Griffey went down, huh? How much do you miss the one week when people thought your team might actually comepete this year?

Honestly, I've always thought it was sick to make fun of injuries, which is why I have NEVER done it to any team's fans in my life, but apparently our neighbors to the South love nothing more than seeing a Cub go down.

Thinking about it, this injury shouldn't mean anything to Sox fans. One pitcher who beat the Sox rather handedly is just replaced for a pitcher who shut them out for 8 innings.

if you've ever wondered why I take such great pleasure in mocking the Sux, join me on a stroll down memory lane.

- Sux players take bribes to throw World Series

- Sux sell tickets to doubleheader for 90 cents and a disco album

- Riot develops, canceling second game of DH

-In an effort to fill more seats at Sux games, they announce "Bring Your Dog To The Park Day"

-Sux have a rare chance to content in the American League, owner votes in favor of strike

-Cubs have exciting year resulting in playoff run in 1998, propelled by former Sux player

-Sux fans panic

- Sux have the best record in the AL

-Sux are swept in first round

-All of Chicago is captivated by the thought of both Sux and Cubs in the playoffs

-Sux blow it, and are forced to watch the Cubs on TV and root against them

Ah, the Sux...

- Prior returns

Ah, the Cubs...

So basically, you're taking pleasure in the injury of an individual, who by all means, seems to be a stand-up guy, just because you don't like the team he plays for? Oookaayyy.

Before everyone gets too pissed, have they even announced what the injury is? Maybe he will not even miss a start. Besides, if he is hurt the cubs have the prospects and the money to get Randy Johnson, if their ownership will step up.

And Doc what is wrong with being a Reds fan. Its not like I can control what happens with the ownerships decisions. Would it be better if the minute my favorite team sucked if I just jumped on to the band wagon of the Yankees or some team like that?

The trend with Cub injuries this year is this.

"This is a minor injury. This shouldn't affect anything."

"We expect him to make his next start."

"He may have to miss a start or two."

"Just to be safe, we're going to put him on the 14-day DL."

"This may require another 14 days."

So yeah it doesn't look good. Prior went from missing a week of spring training to missing two months. We could get Randy Johnson if we wanted him bad enough, but we could also get Nomar, and we NEED a shortstop--Wood, Maddux, Clement, Zambrano, and Rusch are hardly a shabby rotation.

ok you dopes. think about this for a second.

For decades the Cubs have given themselves blowjobs on thier own station and in thier own paper. They overcharge for tickets and promise lots of beer while putting a total shitfest on the field. And finally, after rolling in cash for years, after putting up security fences so thier neighbors can't "steal" games, after buying thier own tickets and scalping them back to you, they finally put together a championship level team. And guess what? They piss it away by sending out thier franchise player, thier superstar ace of the next 10 years, the guy who very soon will be the best pitcher in the whole league, when they know perfectly well he's hurt. An injury they've lied about all year, because they think you might not watch on WGN or buy beer in the bleachers if you found out.

And when I, not even a Cubs fan, nail them for it, do you echo that even louder? Of course not. You defend them. "Well, they couldn't know Prior was hurt. And Wood's better anyway. And your stadium is gay."

The Cub's have had a truly awful front office for a century, but thier fans will fall all over themselves to defend them.

And I feel sorry for Prior, who is a great pitcher, and by all accounts a nice guy, because he's been cannabalized by his dumbass boss and his dumbass coach. But I'm glad that the Tribune gets fucked in the ass here, because they've deserved it for a long time.

Did the Reds fan in question get a rise out of everybody because he said that it's amazing what is happening to the Cubs & Astros, who were basically the favorites of the NL?

Let's relax it is only mid-July, and unless we work for these teams should we really be attacking each other.

BTW Choken, Cards are taking down the Reds tonight! :D

The Devil Rays are considering parting ways with Fred McGriff. As his skills are eroding, he might not reach 500 career home runs after all. So I'm going to add McGriff's 10 postseason home runs to his record, and consider him a proud member of the 500 home run club after all.