TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

The Killers...

The Killers, a band out of Las Vegas, is this alt-rock/funk/80's dance type of band. The song, "Somebody Told Me," which is out on the radio right now, is an awesome song. I haven't heard any other songs by them, but what songs are good that they have done.

The CD, Hot Fuss is a bit of a letdown, considering that "Somebody Told Me" is a good song. The rest of the CD is full of poppy, synthesized songs about heartache. It's good as background music, but overall I was disappointed by the CD.

"Mr. Brightside" is painfully catchy. Haven't decided if I like it or not, but I've heard most of the album and it's definitely up and down. Good pop sensibility, uneven debut, hopefully sticking around for more than a flash in the pan.

Anyone else think that they are a younger version of Duran Duran?

I've always had problems with comparisons like this. It puts an undue amount of pressure on the band, and then the listener is disappointed when they stray from that, because "Duran Duran never did anything like that". Take Ryan Adams, for example. Heartbreaker was his most critically acclaimed album, then they labeled him "the new Dylan"...after that, everything seemed very forced, as though he was trying to fit a mold that had been made for him instead of trying to make his own way.

The Killers are good at what they do, which is inoffensive music for scenesters.

Well after buying this CD awhile ago, it never leaves me CD player.

I haven't been into a band in such a long time, ever since I listened to my first Phish album.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I haven't been into a band in such a long time, ever since I listened to my first Phish album.

There's so many other bands who play the same music so much better with more attitude more conviction.

There's so many other bands who play the same music so much better with more attitude more conviction.

Examples?

I might be in the minority here, but I've got the cd and I think it's pretty good. Its not like I paid money for it though, but it's definitely worthy of being in my CD rotation of things I'm listening to right now. Some of the songs are kind of a let down and just get annoying after awhile, but overall it is a decent cd.

Examples?

!!!, Radio 4, The Rapture, The Fever, Metric, Controller.Controller, Electric Six

DOOD.

I saw Emily Haynes from Metric make out with another female from Broken Social Scene last Friday.

Fucking poetry.

NO!

Thats so hot.

All cross Canada, check this bill

Death from Above 1979, Metric, and Billy Talent.

YES!

They'd still be lumped into the same sorta category. Electric Six has more of an attitude than them - which is kinda why I suggested them over the Killers. But check out Synthesizer by Electric Six. There are similarities, sweetie.

That bill would be better if it didn't have Billy (un)Talent

Agreed.

I saw that band perform here at a high-school show when they were called "Pez".

Sucked then, suck now.

And they also have the honourable distinction of having one of the worst fanbases in music currently.

You guys are just fucking haters. I don't own the album, but they're quite pleasent radio music. Totally pop punk screaming fun. Now if I mentioned alexisonfire you'd have a case....

There are three songs on the radio at the moment that won't get out of my head. "Somebody Told Me" is one along with Green Day's "American Idiot" and Bowling For Soup's "1985."

Stupid catchy pop punk.