TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Eddie Guerrero injure

Guest wildpegasus

From the prowrestling insider site:

EDDIE GUERRERO INJURED DURING MATCH IN JAPAN

by Buck Woodward @ 4:40:00 PM on 7/16/2004

Eddie Guerrero suffered a hamstring injury during his match with John Bradshaw Layfield at Budokan Hall in Tokyo. No word on how severe the injury is, but apparently there is a great deal of concern within WWE about his condition. Guerrero has been battling a myriad of injuries in recent months. Guerrero is scheduled to team with The Undertaker against Layfield & Kurt Angle at the second Budokan show tomorrow.

More on this story as it comes in.

Thanks for Mike Johnson for his help with this story.

Guest Choken One

They better completely cancel the Angle/Guerrero match.

Two mean injured as bad as they are shouldn't be working a match where they will refuse to take the injuries in consideration but that won't happen because these two and Vince are too thickheaded to let common sense occur.

Guest Kageho

This isn't good. I hope Eddie's ok. From the sounds of it though, Eddie's hurt pretty bad.

And there goes my hopes of having Eddie regain his title. :(

Edited by Kageho

He's damaged his hamstring AGAIN! Gurrero needs to let his injuries heal when they take place, this is the third time he's damaged it now isn't it?

If the injury is serious, we might see Angle vs. Cena with Eddie as the special guest referee (just kidding!) :P

Isn't that the same injury Rico suffered? If the injury is serious he might be out until Survivor Series. :(

Guest TigerDriver91
Isn't that the same injury Rico suffered? If the injury is serious he might be out until Survivor Series. :(

And Rico may not be back until September or even October :(

What's with the sudden rise in injured wrestlers all of a sudden? They're dropping like flies...

Guest Evolution
Screw cancelling the Angle/Eddy match...

They should just cancel the Smackdown half of Summerslam

Eh, you gotta have a match where London/Kidman lose the tag titles.

And the epic encounter between JBL and the Undertaker. Can't forget about that. What is 'Taker...you know, doing right now?

Two mean injured as bad as they are shouldn't be working a match where they will refuse to take the injuries in consideration but that won't happen because these two and Vince are too thickheaded to let common sense occur.

It's not just happening in WWE, either: It has also happened in TNA with Christopher Daniels, since it seems like he rushed back to the ring so quickly and he's still very cautious whenever he's doing a move recently.

What the hell's with so many wrestlers suddenly becoming stupid enough to not let their injuries heal?

Guest TigerDriver91

Eddie Guerrero

Shelton Benjamin

Test

A-Train

Matt Hardy

Rico

Garrison Cade

Christian

Gail Kim

Trish Stratus

Big Show

Kurt Angle (i guess he's returning)

So did I forget anyone on this injury list?

Guest Choken One

You forgot Shawn, whom actually was smart and decided to rest and heal his ACL injury.

Did Molly Holly's sore neck ever heal?

I also think Jericho had an arm injury and a sore neck during his feud with Tomko, coincidentally enough.

Guest TigerDriver91
Did Molly Holly's sore neck ever heal?

I also think Jericho had an arm injury and a sore neck during his feud with Tomko, coincidentally enough.

I thought Molly had a slight back problem as well recently. Is that true?

Yeah, I heard about Jericho having pain in his arm and neck recently, as well as that alleged concussion from Batista's clothesline.

Guest Real F'n Show

God, Eddie needs some time off, even if he is carrying Smackdown on his back. He's had WAY too much pressure on him since winning the title and having to carry the worthless Smackdown. If WWE wants Eddie NOT to have a breakdown, they'd move some Raw stars to Smackdown, and fast.

Guest combat_rock

Yeah, they've got Angle back, and Cena can fill in as the top face of the show for a little while. It would kind of suck as Smackdown has been getting back some of it's mommentum. Anyway, there's a chance that they can tip toe through these next few weeks and from what I'm hearing it might can pull out one match without too much trouble. Which makes me wonder why he's going to work this next event in Japan...

Eddy needs to get better by taking some time off before all his injuries start piling up for carrying SD and that fat ass JBL on his shoulders and WWE better start pushing guys like RVD or Rey otherwise tthe show will have a shortage of babyfaces, Cena and Taker can't carry SD long term IMO.

Guest MikeSC
You forgot Shawn, whom actually was smart and decided to rest and heal his ACL injury.

Wow, he's not being accused of being lazy for letting his knee heal this time.

Man, where were people like you around WM 13?

-=Mike

I hate to beat this joke into the ground, but on the main page it says "Eddie Guerrero injured by A MikeSC." Now I'm injuring him.

Just remember, we only have ourselves to blame if Eddie never gets the title back. :D

Guest Rrrsh

Ill take Eddie resting and Angle/Cena at Summerslam over Angle/Injured Eddie and Luther/Cena

Plus it open up another SD spot on SummerSlam that can hopefully go to a Cruiser match.

IMO, with Eddie, I see Eddie/Angle, JBL/Taker, Cena/Luther, Booker/Sumone (Probably RVD) and Dudleyzzzzzz/ Vanilla Midgets. So if they could squeeze in a Rey/Knoble or whatever, thats fine by me.

Guest Staravenger

I'm surprised no one made a joke about Eddie being injured for carrying SD on his back for 4 months.

Eddie Guerrero with both of his legs amputated will still put on a better show then Cena. Plus, Cena was major over in T-Dot the last time he was here and I hate seeing my fellow Canadians mark out for shitty wrestlers.

I hate to trash someone, but I have to agree. Cena has done nothing but piss me off lately. His match on smackdown before the Bash that involved him taking oin Booker, RVD and Dupree in 3 five minute matches is the reason I finally turned away from watching Smackdown on a regular basis.

Guest Staravenger
You obviously didn't read the post. cheech13 DID make the joke. Any update on the status of the injury?

...I feel so stupid. (waits for a cyber kick in the ass)