Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

RAW Rating

The RAW Diva Search segment did a 4.0.

Credit: PWInsider.com

that segment almost beat the overrun? *gouges out eyes*

:throwup:

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

Perhaps people watched it for Jericho ... I dunno. Damn. Maybe they could put the Surefire Ratings Achiever the diva Search on SmackDown!

And it may have been just the smarks booing it ... but why would marks like it? Why would anybody like it?

I guess all those boos were only from Smarks?

Obviously it sucked if you were there live, it might of brought in a few more viewers flipping channels on TV though.

That doesn't necessarily mean that people liked it. It's likely that people flipping through just saw something different on the show and decided to stick around to see just what it was.

I guess all those boos were only from Smarks?

Obviously it sucked if you were there live, it might of brought in a few more viewers flipping channels on TV though.

Or maybe the reason they watched is they know that a big train wreck was going to happen. Seeing how bad the crowd booed the divas kept me from changing the channel. And Eric going off on them.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I would say the higher rating would be due to the fact that it has been promoted more than anything. I haven't found one person who claimed to like it though.

Maybe they liked the show up until then, and they thought the Diva Search was so stupid that they tuned out, and never tuned back in.

Of course, staying tuned for Jericho is perfectly plausible as well. He actually kept it from sucking as bad as it could have.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
Maybe they liked the show up until then, and they thought the Diva Search was so stupid that they tuned out, and never tuned back in.

Of course, staying tuned for Jericho is perfectly plausible as well. He actually kept it from sucking as bad as it could have.

Probably intentional

Guest Champ
- RAW did a 3.7 rating this week off two hours of 3.7. The highest rated segment was a 4.1 for the overrun. The RAW Diva Search segment did a 4.0.

Nice, another week of this Diva crap! :D

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
- RAW did a 3.7 rating this week off two hours of 3.7. The highest rated segment was a 4.1 for the overrun. The RAW Diva Search segment did a 4.0.

So you're telling me you'd rather see proper wrestling than watch a thrilling edition of the ever-popular Diva Search? What kind of wrestling fan are you?

Guest Champ

So you're telling me you'd rather see proper wrestling than watch a thrilling edition of the ever-popular Diva Search? What kind of wrestling fan are you?

I'm hoping that they have another Diva search after this one is finished!

Guest TigerDriver91

The high rating for the diva search crap proves once and for all that the sheep will watch anything WWE puts on television no matter how bad it is.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

I'm hoping that they have another Diva search after this one is finished!

Another necrophilia angle would be good. I miss Katie Vick. She was my favourite diva.

Here's a question: how long until the Diva Search winner is fired?

Guest Champ

Knowing Vince, he will keep her forever, look at how long Terri was employed!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

From the OAO Raw Thread:

The smark in me is afraid Vince will see this quarter hour having low ratings...and blame it on Jericho.

I wouldn't worry.

Eugene also got good ratings like this Diva stuff did at one time. I think it's just that it's something different on the show that people take a look to see. Watch Vince run this into the ground next week. Let's hope Triple H/Benoit pull in some strong ratings for the wrestling argument as a ratings grabber.

The smark in me is afraid Vince will see this quarter hour having low ratings...and blame it on Jericho.

I wouldn't worry.

Obviously the ratings was lowered by Jericho being in the segment. Less Jericho would have meant the Diva Search got a 4.5 or better.

Job him to that guy in the mask...you know the one. He does these jumping moves, whatever his name is.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I wouldn't worry.

Obviously the ratings was lowered by Jericho being in the segment. Less Jericho would have meant the Diva Search got a 4.5 or better.

Job him to that guy in the mask...you know the one. He does these jumping moves, whatever his name is.

Please stop.

From the OAO Raw Thread:

I wouldn't worry.

So... the smark in me was wrong, as it underestimated the teenage boys of the world.

The Ironman match will get poor ratings until the final quarter hour. The problem with running a match like that on TV is that the viewers know when it's going to be over and that it'll be decided in the final minute. So those who aren't as enraptured with wrestling as us will watch other stuff until the end of the match nears.

Guest Staravenger

We all know this Diva bullshit is directed towards the early-teens who will get off to a woman in her bra. Sorry for the "graphic" language.

3.7 isn't too bad of a number overall considering nothing was mentioned in advance that has anything to do with wrestling (the Diva crap has been going on for weeks now, so that shouldn't get too much credit).

Next week I agree, the last quarter hour for Benoit/HHH will be the highest, because everyone knows thats when the REAL falls happen to decide the winner. No way will Benoit win like 5-1, or vice-versa.

Guest tangerine

That's the problem with TV Ironman matches. The fans know well ahead of time when the match ends. Today's fans are conditioned for the 15-25 minute Main event and aside from a handful of matches the last 3 years, very few PPV matches extend beyond 35 minutes as well. The current fanbase isn't conditioned for 60 minutes.

I really think they should have booked a 2/3 Falls Match for this week and let that one go 45-60 minutes and the fans should become so caught up into it they won't simply "wait" for the last ten minutes like they would for a Ironman match. The only problem with doing a long 2/3 falls match is that the fans will be able to tell it's going to go long when the huge hyped main event starts at 10:10. So I would start the match at 1035, which tells the fan "ok just another likely 20 minute match" but get Spike to extend the show to 1130(if they need to promote Joe Schmoe again, so be it). A long unplanned Broadway 2/3 falls would be really good and totally unexpected for the fans.

instead, The Ironman match which starts at 9:00 will not get a good rating until the 945-1000 quarter,when the fans flip back to catch the end of the card.

I'm still not clearly understanding WHY they decided to kick raw off with the Ironman Match in the first place.