TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

WWE News: Luther, RVD, XFL, More

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

lmao as soon I typed that, I thought exactly the same thing. Still ... he could be having it late

If this is true then Angle has made my shit list of people w/o any common sense, SD is in need of main eventers but politics decide to depush RVD who is the third or fourth most over guy in the roster and the WWE for no apparent reason, and here I thought RVD was going to get a chance to get over.

Oh please. He pushed to have a HOUSE SHOW match changed. We don't even know if it's true. Plus, it's not like Kurt's just suddenly halted RVD's push, considering he wasn't getting one anyway. When Angle starts refusing to lose matches, dogging it in them and just completely dominating shows, THEN pull out your conspiracy theories.

I still think that the best idea is to put RVD together with Heyman and turn him heel. It'll at least be something new for a change. Have him start using chairs as weapons again and give him a US title run.

My 2 cents.

Guest GreatOne

The first QB in about 67 years to take my former perennial Pac 10 second division dwellers to the Rose Bowl is #1 and the XFL is #2 on ESPN's busts? Does somebody up there (or he) hate me?

Then again it occurred to me that the first two words in ESPN are 'Sports Entertainment' (inverted) so they can go blow me whenever they preach to be some legit highbrow bastion of sports.

Orton and Batista might have slipped back onto my shitlist during that mess of a tag match with Edge/Jericho a few weeks back, but at least they're past that again.

FUCKING HORSHU? Kurt this better be some kind of rib.........................

ESPN is the "Entertainment & Sports Programming Network" ... Entertainment & Sports is MUCH different than "Sports Entertainment" ...

The biggest difference being that "entertainment" and "sports" are listed as two seperate pieces in ESPN, while the WWE sees them as ONE and it is decidedly a totally different genre.

And what you mentioned is WHY Ryan Leaf was a flop...he did all that, and then sucked in the NFL. It would have been like Michael Jordan coming in and scoring 10 points a game for his whole career...like Sam Bowie. (who was also on the list for that very reason)

Guest Staravenger
Oh please. He pushed to have a HOUSE SHOW match changed. We don't even know if it's true. Plus, it's not like Kurt's just suddenly halted RVD's push, considering he wasn't getting one anyway. When Angle starts refusing to lose matches, dogging it in them and just completely dominating shows, THEN pull out your conspiracy theories.

He wanted Luther to have a bigger role/push than he has now. If it was just a one match thing, big deal. Luther sucks. If he had talent, Vince would've bought his contract when WCW died.

Guest JoeyStyles

WWE is keeping RVD out of SD just to keep him fresh when he returns from Velocity I doubt Angle still has any beef from something that happened in 2001, that would just be childish and unprofessional.

Thought I would put this in here instead of starting a new thread about it.

- WWE is advertising Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton for the World Title, Edge vs. Batista for the WWE Intercontinental Title, Victoria vs. Trish Stratus for the WWE Women's Title, and La Resistance vs. Rhyno and Tajiri for the World Tag Team Titles for their August 27th show in Little Rock, AR.

From 411

Now, I know this is only a house show so who is defending the titles means nothing. But, the fact that they're running Orton/Benoit and Edge/Batista matches should mean something right? I mean, they advertised Kane/Benoit and other such matches in advance. Is this what we are going to get at SummerSlam? That would, most likely, leave Triple H vs Regal (or Eugene) and Kane vs Jericho to fill out the card, which makes sense. I'm ok with this if it means Benoit keeps the title on Monday.

Thought I would put this in here instead of starting a new thread about it.

- WWE is advertising Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton for the World Title, Edge vs. Batista for the WWE Intercontinental Title, Victoria vs. Trish Stratus for the WWE Women's Title, and La Resistance vs. Rhyno and Tajiri for the World Tag Team Titles for their August 27th show in Little Rock, AR.

From 411

Now, I know this is only a house show so who is defending the titles means nothing. But, the fact that they're running Orton/Benoit and Edge/Batista matches should mean something right? I mean, they advertised Kane/Benoit and other such matches in advance. Is this what we are going to get at SummerSlam? That would, most likely, leave Triple H vs Regal (or Eugene) and Kane vs Jericho to fill out the card, which makes sense. I'm ok with this if it means Benoit keeps the title on Monday.

God, I hope we get Benoit/Orton at Summerslam.

Bear in mind, it says card subject to change . They've done it before. :mellow:

WWE Cancels Tonight's House Show

Also cancels future show....

WWE has canceled tonight's scheduled house show in Johnstown, PA. The August 6th house show in Poughkeepsie, NY has also been canceled. It appears that these shows were canceled due to low ticket sales and projected low ticket sales.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Bear in mind, it says card subject to change . They've done it before. :mellow:

They normally get these things right. Benoit/Kane was advertised well ahead of time, as well as some other stuff (which I can't remember).

It's not set in concrete or anything but both matches make sense, and the fact that they were even THINKING of running these matches at shows around SSlam time should say something. Long sentence.

Guest GreatOne
ESPN is the "Entertainment & Sports Programming Network"  ... Entertainment & Sports is MUCH different than "Sports Entertainment" ... 

The biggest difference being that "entertainment" and "sports" are listed as two seperate pieces in ESPN, while the WWE sees them as ONE and it is decidedly a totally different genre.

And what you mentioned is WHY Ryan Leaf was a flop...he did all that, and then sucked in the NFL. It would have been like Michael Jordan coming in and scoring 10 points a game for his whole career...like Sam Bowie. (who was also on the list for that very reason)

1)If 'sports' is so sacred, explain Stuart Scott to me.

2)Eric Crouch, Heath Shuler, Danny Wuerffel, Todd Marinovich, et al. Quarterbacks starring in college and blowing in the NFL isn't anything new.......did THEY make the list?

Guest ShootingStylesPress
lmao as soon I typed that, I thought exactly the same thing. Still ... he could be having it late

Are you saying Vince is going to end up being 114??

Guest GreatOne

Another thing on the above Leaf comment. The four mentioned were QBs at national powers (although SC had a few runs in the dumps in the 90s), whereas Wazzu really hasn't had a consistent run in football (in the past 30-40 years anyway) until the Gesser/Trufant class came rolling in and they started moving into the national top 40 recruiting-wise on a consistent basis. Palmer and Boller would be more apt comparisons for Leaf, both being highly touted and only having one real big year, while it remains to be seen if either will be anyhting in the NFL.

Back to wrestling you don't think ESPN's still bitter over that whole 'Team Challenge' thing do you? Of course by then the AWA show was on in pretty much the same time slot that Impact! is now.............

It never fails, ESPN and these outfits claim to be above such a "lowbrow" company as WWE (Howard Stern should talk) but hey when they need Rock or HHH or Angle or JBL to come on and do their show they can't get em fast enough!