TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sly

Lock n Co e ts

Um... my craptacular match won me the number one contendership for the cruiserweight title. Yay.

Now comment.

Regretful that I could not get a match in; I just hope JD managed to write.

Regards to the show, congratulations to Manson, I knew you could do it man. Congrats also to Andrea and Birdman, I shall blade through the night in honour of your victory.

A comments a go-go.

Opening promo action:

Someone is onto Johnny Dangerous about a return. The house is not taking bets on Wildchild.

First match:

n00b noshows an easy win. Bah

Second Match:

Nothing great, but I throw something short and passible together.

Third Match - USJL Title Time:

Manson's back history is covered here, just to set up what he's gone through and that he's still worked injured. Things kick off and Manson slips and slides his way into scoring first blood in this match. The writing isn't Tom Flesher, but Manson is a more than capible writer when he does try. TMM fights back and uses Manson's stun gun tactic against him to turn the tables. But then Manson brawls his way out of the corner, make at least a few shots rather than a one shot transistion. Nice little comment about the Slingshot suplex as well, along with the good old one count, leaving room to build up to more dramatic counts later on. Manson works him over on the mat, pulling off the same sort of style (I had him) used in the match against Dace, keeping a seemingly better opponent grounded and under control. A transistion back to TMM with a missed corner charge and a one count again. TMM reverses the situations and holds onto a Facelock and Manson shows a little flash trying to handstand out of the hold. Manson finally manages to pop out only to get Lariated down. Only thing seeming to be lacking form this match so far is any sense of heat or who's side the crowd is one. Ok, I spoke to soon as TMM gets the hold back on and now we have some crowd heat. Manson jawbreakers out of the hold but shifts to the attack without really selling almost getting choked out, the offence jsut shifts. But then there's some basic psych as he counters the Stun Gun a second time, scores one of his own and a roll up. Goes for an STO but counterd into a German. Match is starting to feel jumpy here, without any real heat sections or selling from one section to the next. Inverted Facelock blocked with a counter straight out of the Smackdown games, but Manson's knee collapses in the bring, with the knee being the only constantly sold thing here. Missed clothesline and Manson stays incontrol with a Sleeper. But TMM escapes, backdrops out of a Powerbomb due to the weak leg and scores the Reverse Half Nelson STO for a close fall. Manson counters the Tornado DDT with a Spinebuster, another close fall. At least the drama build is consistant here. Backslide for another near fall. Another counte rand Manson wins the little race to the finish and picks up the win. There where good things and bad things here but it came out ok. Manson can write when he does, but he needs to work a little on adding spice and extra range of descripion to his writing. Along with more focused matches and more consistan ideas of selling. But it's about time he won something and I've very sure he can continue to improve.

Promo Time:

Someone is feeding bate to the fishes it seems, as Johnny talks about WC's return so a hiding TMM can here.

Another Promo:

Rev-0 and Birdman have a little run in about the rumours Birdman is out to get someone in the fed. Interesting....

Forth Match - Tag Team Action:

Kelly makes a great tool for playing up King and his ego. Sometimes it reads like a bad Tom Flesher/Suicide King rip off, but it creates interest in the character and makes him stand out in the mid card. Very good touch to show off the huge speed advantage of "Team Flip Flop" as Birdman and Andrea just flip over the sneak attack. With two really fast characters, it's very easy to make opening form double teams and tag team work, the opening distraction and missile dropkick is the first good example of this as well. And the good old one count, which always helps, as it gives you more room for dramatic build. Team Flip Flop break off into almost Heelish work, working over Hunt in the corner, but it's two people who's style's are the same so they jell, under the leadership of a vetern, taking advantage of the rookie(ish) heels. Hunt powers out but misses and corner charge and Birdman goes straight back to the arm again. Again Drea catches the heels sleeping and uses the usual heel work against King to keep him out of action because she's fast enough to pull it off. And more simple of speed basic and effective arm work on Hunt. And the heels finally pull it back as King pulls the top rope down as Andrea is racing around, turning the speed against Team Flip Flop. Good old heel beat down kicks off, including the underused Eye Rake on the ropes. Birdman shoots in to help Andrea out but it does as much harm as good, and now the heels can break out their double teaming, as King takes Drea out. Certainly make for a very dynamic and interesting tag match here. Lacking a certain crisp and descriptive edge of maybe JnR but still a very good match so far, very smoothly written and clear. Drea outpaces Hunt again and he gets Splashed by Birdman (high speed makes the swift hot tag counters SO much more affective and gives you more to do IMO) Birdman also takes a mean bump from a Back Elbow, King might not be that strong but those sort of little touches show you power the balance of skills lie in a match. Funny little jab at PETA while we're beating on the Birdman. Quick combo from King puts the Birdman in danager but again it's broken up with a big Splash. Again Andrea plays the vetern just outsmarting the heel, taking him out with a Dropkick and Tonado Hangman. Birdman gets in another sort of hot tag and Drea takes King down. Really good combo from Andrea again, showing just how fast she is, also KOing King with a diving kick, catching Hunt sleeping again and scoring a Corckscrew Moonsault. Little double team combo puts King down, Birdman goes up top and nails his finish as Andrea takes Hunt out with another dive. Really fun tag match and Birdman and Andrea make a brilliant Flip Flop team without spending all their time doing mad dives. The few bad points are the starting focus on Hunt's arm is just left and never talked off again and the order of the heat. Having all the heel control in one larget section in the middle might have helped the heat. But still a damn good match.

Fifth Match - Four Way Nuttiness:

Sly carries out his idea of just cutting the opening comments because he doesn't like them. Hey, it works just as well. C/P entrances of doom, but with a multiman, there's no need for anything flash and why take up too many works with loads of extra intro stuff. Starts off looking like it'll be two on two as the heels and faces pair off. Gilbert tries to slide in but gets caught by Clark and Dustin as Sly makes a sneaky side entrance. Clark takes a low blow and Dustin gets chop blocked as the heels make for an early double team. Clark gets doubled teamed again but Sly and Gilbert only for Sly to turn on Gilbert and start attacking him as well. Dustin tries to dive in but jsut gets tossed over the topes for his troubles. Sly goes to the outside and leads Dustin up the ramp just for NTD to chairshot him from behind the curtain. Clark finally tosses Gilbert out but then Sly climbs back into the ring and clobbers him with the chair and takes him out to win the match. A rush job but Sly still writes well anyway.

More Promo action no folks:

Johnny proclaims his ICTV Title win then Maddix rolls in to spoil the party. A few heated words and Landon blasts him with a chair as he demands a rematch. Drama people, drama.

Sixth Match:

No show that makes my job easier.

Promo time again:

Toxxic and Flesher run into each other back stage. Ohhhh at the shower hazing joke. Then Flesher just takes Toxxic nail, nailing him with a Palm Strike, a Yakuza Kick and then an Ego Buster. Then just sits him against the wall and pours beer down this throat. Evil and certainly a heat getter for the up coming match.

Seventh Match - Main Event Time:

Flash back to Janus brutal use of the Demonstar Driver on the last show. Ced and Munich come out just to get blind side by a sneaky Janus and the Equalizer. Knuckle Bomb, Chokeslam, Elbow Drop and it's over. Short and sweet. Still, Janus looks like a fucking monster as rightly he should. The World Title Match is gonna be a war.

Match Of The Night:

Andrea Montgomery & The Birdman vs Max King & Martin Hunt

If you read just one match folks, read this one.

Match is starting to feel jumpy here, without any real heat sections or selling from one section to the next.

Basically. At that point, I was in a mad rush to finish, and was pulling whatever I could out of my ass with no attention to detail. As always, thanks for comments, Dace.

Hey, big congrats to Manson on grabbing the belt. Finally, some high-quality gold for all your efforts.

I also really liked the Johnny/Landon promo; the inevitable rematch is going to be excellent. I always enjoy a feud that takes the simple things - you took my belt, you screwed me again, and I'm sick of it - and builds them into a series of killer matches that keep the story moving in the ring. That's definitely how this feels. Kudos.