TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banter

John Cena to star in the first WWE movie...

When I first saw the title I had flashbacks of "Cool as Ice", but now i'm just thinking it will be like any other movie on Action Max or The Action Channel.

Sadly, I thought the same thing.

People, let's give Cena the benefit of the doubt. He could make this work. Hell, he already looks a little bit like a steroid-abusing Matt Damon.

This movie and idea is whack. I wouldn't even download this utter shit.

Why is it that if a guy can cut an entertaining promo people automatically assume he can act? I'm not saying Cena can't act because he hasn't done TV (non wrestling related) or movies, but it doesn't mean he can act. Hogan can cut a promo but he's a horrible actor, same with Rock.

Remember WWE's track record with non wrestling related projects and you can already fortell where this whole "WWE Films" thing is going: right down the shitter.

:: thinks back to XFL and WBF and throws the fuck up ::

For some reason, I hope it's a bizarre indy arthouse film about John's emotions and sexual confusion.

As do I. I would seriously mark out if WWE betrayed their generally lowbrow audience and made a really artsy film.

The problem with this WWE films idea is that it's about 4 years too late.

If they had done this back in 2004, they could have hit right upon the major popularity of the company / industry, and probably gotten a good return on a few WWE-produced movies starring Rock or Stone Cold.

Honestly, though, I would pay to see a movie starring Mick Foley.

I've been burned twice by shitty ass movies starring the Rock (and screw all of you who are too soft on "The Rundown", it sucked a dead donkey's balls) and I will not be burned again by wannabe WWE thespians.

Guest tangerine

There is only a tiny handful of WWE Workers whom I could buy as a legit actor.

Triple H.

Mick Foley.

The Big Show.

That's all.

Guest combat_rock
Guess this means there wont be a Cena heel turn anytime soon.

Well, they could do like they did with the Rock and and have him turn heel because of this.

Anyway, I'm willing to give it a chance, unless all the reviews say it's the piece of shit I assume it will be.

Guest Anglesault

One thing I think we've overlooked.

Cena has quite possibly the most hilariously bad facials in wrestling (Anyone catch his "ow, you're hurting me" face?)

That can't carry over well in a movie.

I'd see it for the car wreck appeal.

Triple H.

Mick Foley.

The Big Show.

That's all.

I could probably buy Ric Flair playing a 'crazy old man' type character in a supporting role. He seems to be good at that sort of thing.

Guest INXS
Get your Theories ready

a). HHH dropped the movie wanting to have a longer reign with the title and to bury and re-bury the raw roster

b). HHH saw the shitty script and decided to kill Cena's momentum by getting him OFF the tv (for the shooting) and to let him carry the load of the crapfest the movie is

This Cena movie and the HHH movie are two entirely different projects. The HHH movie has hit a snag and is delayed but will happen.

Guest JoeyStyles
So Cena really is the next Mark Wahlberg.

He could be the next Dork Diggler.

This Cena movie and the HHH movie are two entirely different projects. The HHH movie has hit a snag and is delayed but will happen.

It will happen until HHH starts getting acting lessons.

Triple H.

Mick Foley.

The Big Show.

They are actors worthy of a Raspberry award.

Get your Theories ready

a). HHH dropped the movie wanting to have a longer reign with the title and to bury and re-bury the raw roster

b). HHH saw the shitty script and decided to kill Cena's momentum by getting him OFF the tv (for the shooting) and to let him carry the load of the crapfest the movie is

That's right

Triple H is in the Renegade-type movie while Cena will be in the movie that is a cross betweeen Walking Tall, Cool as Ice and...a pile of lint I guess.

Also, Foley cannot act. Calling Foley a good actor is like hearing, "And the Oscar goes to...Keanu Reeves!"