TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Just John

New Smackdown GM?

I didn't see a thread for this, but who do you think will be the GM now that Angle is back to wrestling. I think it'll be a McMahon kid.

Speculate...

EUGENE OR FUNAKI!

Kidding, kidding. It'll probably be Shane...though I wouldn't REALLY mind having Heyman back.

...it would be funny if it was Eugene though...so McMahon could get that Humanitarian Award he was talking about on Smackdown last night

Guest FrigidSoul

I personally would like to see J.J. Dillon brought in to take the role. I always liked him in the Head of Operations role(or whatever it was called) during the peak years of WCW. He never took away from the wrestlers and he got the message across. His interaction with Jericho, Raven, and Sting was always really good.

Guest suplexmasta

The Jericho/Malenko feud was the best thing WCW produced in the 1990's. There, I said it.

It's the one angle that I can go back to and watch a million times and still be entertained by it each and every time.

I hope it's another evil GM who randomly strips titles, awards them to heels, and books the top babyfaces in 3 on 1 handicap matches...I can't get enough of that.

How about this radical idea...

NO GM!!

Can a WWE show move forward without a stupid, played out figurehead authority role pushing the action? I'd like to think so. But since the writing team along with Vince can't seem to function without one, I guess we have to have one.

I still nominate no GM. Fire Bitchoff and let him do his dumb ass reality show and let the wrestlers of Raw and SD push the action. Can any of you comprehend this kind of idea, seriously? No one buys ppv's or goes to house shows to see the dumbass GM.

LET THE GM ROLE GO, WWE!!!!!!! For the love of God!!!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

NO GM!!

Can a WWE show move forward without a stupid, played out figurehead authority role pushing the action? I'd like to think so. But since the writing team along with Vince can't seem to function without one, I guess we have to have one.

I still nominate no GM. Fire Bitchoff and let him do his dumb ass reality show and let the wrestlers of Raw and SD push the action. Can any of you comprehend this kind of idea, seriously? No one buys ppv's or goes to house shows to see the dumbass GM.

It's not going to happen, so quit repeating it like it's a fresh, new, idea you've had. You bring it up EVERY TIME the subject of authority figures in WWE is discussed. We get it, you don't like them.

This whole evil GM shit has really killed the shows for me the last couple years. It's just bad tv to see Cena in handicap matches every week and constant run ins from Luther. Or to see Bischoff cut boring promos about putting HHH above God and everyone.

Sadly I can't see a show in the near future without these unwatchable GM angles.

I never said it was a fresh idea. I said it was radical. Since most promotions don't or didn't have to have them at some points, I figure we could eliminate it. The GM role is a holdover from the "Attitude" era that needs to go.

And no, I will not stop bringing it up.

NO GM!!

It's not going to happen, so quit repeating it like it's a fresh, new, idea you've had. You bring it up EVERY TIME the subject of authority figures in WWE is discussed. We get it, you don't like them.

As long as WWE continues to put out stupidity like the GM roles, then it should rightfully be pointed out.

I also vote for NO GM. :firing:

I think the GM/Commissioner/whatever post should stay. BUT I also think it should be taken up by a FAIR character. Not an evil Steph/Heyman/Angle/Bischoff role, not a play-to-the-faces Foley role. Someone straight-down-the-middle, someone who actually DID call things "In the interests of fairness". That would give explanations for matches and the brand a figurehead without detracting from the entertainment.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I never said it was a fresh idea. I said it was radical. Since most promotions don't or didn't have to have them at some points, I figure we could eliminate it. The GM role is a holdover from the "Attitude" era that needs to go.

And no, I will not stop bringing it up.

Fine, it's not like I can stop you. It's just that I knew exactly what you were going to post here before you posted it.

MikeOfEvil basically is suggesting the one form of the GM role I could live with, the impartial GM. No more screwjob GMs.

If nothing else it's just a major insult to the fans who give the WWE hours of viewership, ppv buy rates, and hard earned cash at live shows and on merch to keep the screwjob GM and screwjob matches going.

SmackDown! went completely awful when Stephanie left.

Just saying.

...riiiiiight

As bad as the show is now. Vince vs Steph was personally the worst thing I've been subjected to in years. Every week it was the same damn thing.

Vince: "You're defying me, Stephanie."

*cheap pop cause Vince is getting shit on*

Week after week after week

SmackDown! went completely awful when Stephanie left.

Just saying.

No...

It went completely awful when Benoit left to RAW, Lesnar quit the WWE, and Angle got injured.

Oh come on. I mean, yeah, the Mr America/Stephanie/Vince stuff was awful. But at least we had Eddie and Tajiri vs WGTT in the undercard. Remember that good run of shows they had just after SummerSlam? Ended just 2 weeks before Stepha left. They never got back to that level again. I'm not saying Stephanie CONTRIBUTED to SmackDown! being better, but her stay as GM (July 2002 - October 2003) smokes everything else SmackDown! has done prior to, and since, then.

Yeah, after losing Brock and Angle back to back they really should have done something drastic to Smackdown to make it look like they were trying to keep it a good show.

Linda said a few weeks back that they would be holding elections for new presidents of Raw and Smackdown to coincide with the upcoming presidential election, so they might not introduce a new authority figure until then.

I prefer Shane over Stephanie. I know some of you guys tolerate her because of her looks, but she is simply too annoying. Even though both McMahon brats will be involved in the storylines, Shane plays face better. ;)

I'm going for Shane or Linda since it will most likely be a face GM, hell I'll even throw Vince back into the mix. Stephanie no because it wouldn't make any sense if Vince put her back as GM (Even WWE isn't that bad.). I would like Heyman because when Heyman came back as GM for Smackdown thats when Smackdown was doing better than Raw. I mean yeah sure lighting may not strike twice but I wouldn't mind if Heyman came back as GM.

Isn't the impartial GM role exactly what Stephanie did for close to a year. She was always talking about trying to book good matches in the interest of fairness, and she didn't really pander to the faces or the heels.

If I were going to guess, I'd say that they wouldn't want to put someone at GM that's already been there since they're trying to be fresh, so they'll either put Shane in, leave it empty for a while, or get somebody off the wall in the "elections."

Linda said a few weeks back that they would be holding elections for new presidents of Raw and Smackdown to coincide with the upcoming presidential election, so they might not introduce a new authority figure until then.

which would make sense if Bischoff goes away like everyone thinks he is.

Im really more tired of Bischoff anyway. Im tired of the "I hate you, so you're gonna have a match tonight...vs....KANE!" crap every week. Of course if the RAW authority figure is a heel again, that will continue to happen so I guess it doesn't matter.