TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank_Nabbit

Needs more Cowbell

Guest Frank_Nabbit

I know "Needs more cowbell" is some sort of pop culture/internet geek joke or catch phrase or what ever, but what spawned it? Who coined it?

The indy show I went to last night even had a "Needs more cowbell" Bullrope match

What producer was he portraying? I can't remember.

This is a running gag over on the Wrestlecrap boards also. John Tenta (who has cancer at the moment.) has been on those boards letting people know how he's doing and whatnot and someone put down "we need more cowbell.". Tenta responding by saying something about yeah we need more cowbell or something like that.

Guest Fook

You know what this thread needs?

That's right...

pic_cowbell2.jpg

is it just me or is Walken almost always gold on SNL?

When is Walken not gold in anything he does?

The man is a god.

He went from Deer Hunter to Country Bears and he was the only tolerable thing in that Affleck-J'Lo bomb that shall go nameless.

Even the hilarious Kevin Spacey Star Wars audition was improved by Spacey pretending to be Christopher Walken.

Guest subliminal_animal
This is a running gag over on the Wrestlecrap boards also. John Tenta (who has cancer at the moment.) has been on those boards letting people know how he's doing and whatnot and someone put down "we need more cowbell.". Tenta responding by saying something about yeah we need more cowbell or something like that.

Furthermore, I hate this idiot.

Furthermore, I hate this idiot.

His posts needs more cowbell

I never liked the Continental sketch. But that has nothing to do with Walken

Guest Dids

Your head needs more cowbell up along side it.

Saturday Night Live sketch involving a parody of VH1's Behind the Music. In it, Blue Oystery Cult was recording "Don't Fear the Reaper." Christopher Walken, playing the producer, spoke that line.

Im pretty sure that this was started on Fark since it involves Christopher Walken.

The continental is the best ongoing sketch on SNL.

I love the cowbell, but it still doesn't touch the Census sketch with Walken. There are few hosts that you can pretty much count on on SNL, and Walken is one of them.

All things being equal, the Col. Angus sketch is a contender for one of Walken's best.

Honestly, the first time I saw the Col. Angus sketch, I didn't get it. The second time, I got it, and oh was it good.

QUOTE (subliminal_animal @ Jul 26 2004, 11:17 AM)

Furthermore, I hate this idiot

His posts needs more cowbell

1. I dont' know who Subliminal Animal is but I'm guessing he's just some joke whose trying to start shit, but I really don't care, so yeah.

2. Tack Monkey this is just for you...

cowbell.gif

monopoly-walken-cowbell.png

WOW!

WOWIE WOW WOW WOW!

I'm still fuzzy on this...but is the producer supposed to be the same Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden fame? There can't be too many people with that name in the world, can there?

I'm still fuzzy on this...but is the producer supposed to be the same Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden fame? There can't be too many people with that name in the world, can there?

I've been trying to figure this out myself.

I've been trying to figure this out myself.

As he says in the skit, "Yes, THE Bruce Dickinson"

Actually, a combo. Walken is dressed like Maiden man Bruce, but the character is....

"And Bruce Dickinson is a real guy, but he has nothing to do with 'Don't Fear (The Reaper).' He works for Sony and he's in charge of the production and remastering of all our old albums. He had nothing to do with the original 1976 'Don't Fear (The Reaper).'"

-From one of the members of BOC.

That's basically it.

Bruck Dickinson is also on the ECW album, doing "The Zoo" cover.