TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Tree flattens professional tree hugger

Blake Champlin, a Tulsa lawyer and environmental activist, died Monday at his home when a tree supporting a hammock fell and crushed him. Champlin, 45, died instantly, said Gerald Hilsher, an attorney with Shipley & Kellogg, Champlin's former law firm. Champlin was a member of Sierra Club and Save the Illinois River, and the director of Keep Tulsa Beautiful...

http://www.newsok.com/article/1281769/

Mother Nature is a bitch yo.

Now if only some animals being "saved" by PETA would kill a few of their members...

Yes, it's cruel to say something like that. However, I have NO tolerance for PETA because they've gone miles past true "ethical treatment" for animals into becoming the freakin' political wing for Vegans and Vegitarians.

IMHO, "ethical treatment" would involve getting better conditions for circus animals or making sure that pet shops, kennels, and pounds aren't confining animals into too small of an area. Going to public schools in an attempt to indoctrinate children that eating meat is wrong is abhorrent, IMHO, because they're preying on people not old enough to know truth from bullshit and what the possible consequences of a Vegan diet are.

(Yes, PETA DID do this in my hometown... dumb bastards went at 3:00 on the last day of school, though, even though classes let out at 12:00 that day.)

Guest Anglesault

Tragedies haven't been this funny since Roy was mauled by the Tiger.

Guest FrigidSoul

I guess we know what MrRant will be thinking about later when he masturbates.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

It's only funny if he's tied to the tree, not laying in a hammock tied to it.

Nah, getting pecked in the head by a spotted owl while a bear mauls him cause he's tied to a tree to protest logging. And then the tree crushes the body into the soil for a quickie funeral.

Now, that would be perfect.

Guest BDC

WAIT. You have to add in that he had his eyes scratched out by the mink he was trying to rescue from Revlon.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Nah, most dicks have a good sense of humor.

Really this is kind of sad, and I'm not talking about the guy dying. All you read about him is he was in environmental groups, and he got crushed by a tree, yet laughing is justified because tree huggers suck and hippies should die?

I think this is why people say this folder sucks.

Guest Anglesault
. All you read about him is he was in environmental groups, and he got crushed by a tree,

Irony is funny.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

How is that ironic though? I mean hell, if he drowned in the Illinois river, ok, but you guys are just really stretching for the funny here, and when your stretching for funny, it's not really funny.

I was hoping for a story about some idiot hippie who actually tied himself to a tree biting the bullet in a cruel ironic twist of fate, instead I got some story about a guy who had interest in keeping his environment clean being crushed while laying on a hammock. And I'm supposed to laugh? Why!?

didn't all of you guys get riled up when the UMass student newspaper printed an editorial mocking Pat Tillman's death in Afghanistan? Maybe I'm just a tree hugging hippie myself, but I don't see how it's ok to poke fun at someone's death regardless of that person's view.

I'm making fun of the irony of the guy getting crushed by a tree. Christ, there is a difference between having a sense of humor about death and mocking the dead.

Sorry the guy died but the irony of a professional tree hugger getting crushed by a tree is too perfect. Condolence go out to his family and friends of course, but it's just too golden not to make fun of this. Damn, I bet the dead guy is laughing at the irony.

Now if Pat Tillman had been run over by a big sled while trying to catch something thrown by a Iraq soldier, I'd have laughed at the delicious irony.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

THERE IS NO IRONY.

He was not tied to a tree, all we know is he was active in preserving the environment, and he died after being crushed by a tree. He was not in the middle of trying to save tree's, his life's work obviously wasn't being an extremist environmentalist.

And really, this reflects worse on the sense of humor displayed, not the lack of decency.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Show me where it says he devoted his life to saving trees.

Guest Salacious Crumb

My favorite was the environmentalist going to protest the running of the bulls and then getting gored by one of them.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

^That's irony, let's take note so threads like these don't have to exist.

I have a good sense of humor, and will laugh myself silly at movies with dark humor and the such. But, I don't even like the Darwin Awards stuff, and that's people doing screwed up things, not just relaxing in your back yard.

Irony can be funny. It's not necessarily so. There's a commonly used expression, 'sad irony'.

Maybe the guys on this board just have a really dark sense of humor. But they didn't seem to be laughing so much that it was ironic, but just giggling at the stupid environmentalist. If you delight in the death of someone innocent simply because their views differ from your own, you need to go outside, take a deep breath, and think about something different than politics. No matter what political views you subscribe to, half the country thinks the other way, and included in that half are some really cool people who you could be/are friends with. It's not the be-all -end-all of existence.

Oh, and no, there's no sand in my vagina.

EDIT: That last one is funny, because the guy was acting like a dumbass. I have a mental picture of him standing in the street with a sign while everyone runs past screaming.

Guest BDC

I think you can partially attribute the "dark humor" in this thread to being fed up with tree hugging hippies.

That's my point! Just because you disagree with him, you delight in his death? Because about half the country's liberal. I'm fed up with lots of things and types of people. Doesn't mean I would laugh at their death. Unless they're rapists or murderers.

Guest Anglesault
That's my point! Just because you disagree with him, you delight in his death? Because about half the country's liberal. I'm fed up with lots of things and types of people. Doesn't mean I would laugh at their death. Unless they're rapists or murderers.

It would probably be funnier if he lived, I'll give you that.

But still, an environmentalist got crushed by a fucking tree! He couldn't have picked a better way to go out.

Guest Anglesault
Hey, maybe his family cried when they found out he was dead!!! :lol: hahahahaahahahahaaha!!!

That wasn't necessary.