TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The Undertaker: 5 months later

I always liked the idea of Taker being a hybrid of all his other attires. The leather trenchcoat and maybe leather pants from the biker era, the hat, the Satanic beard from the Ministry era with the stubble from the Royal Rumble 'death' era, hair from 98, long gloves (like the old days) but fingerless and black leather, and one of the big ties like from when he debuted. But not an actual tie, have it sort of ripped-off with just the part that goes around the neck left, to cover the Sara tattoo.

The image in my head is pretty baddass I dunno how I've conveyed it though.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Taker was pretty good in 2002 too once he got past that Austin, Hogan & HHH bullshit in the spring. The match where he lost the title was arguably the best PPV main event of the year.

I also remember he had a match with RVD that was just him bumping like a pinball for RVD until he would get one of those big punches and start on offense himself. Really solid role-reversal from the Vengeance match.

It's also amazing to see how much better Taker looks, physically, these days compared to only a couple of years ago. He had few excess pounds around WM X-8 time, but now he seems to be in the best shape of his life. I don't think I've ever seen Taker this buffed up.

UYI

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave

I don't wanna die, I'm a God, why can't I live on?

When the Life-Giver dies, all around is laid waste

And in my last hour I'm a slave to the power of Death

That should make it clear.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I'll sum up what I think of all of this in two words.

FUCKING TERRIBLE

He hasn't had one feud worth a shit. He dominated Booker for absolutely no good reason. They booked him in a feud with Mordechai....now he's in OVW. Now they are bringing up John Heidendouche....and I don't even have to tell anyone what I think of him(I am sure you can figure it out).......so basically.......Undertaker has done NOTHING of value since his return......well, he would've had he really killed Paul Bearer......

Guest JoeyStyles

Undertaker hasn't done anything worthwhile on SD just like he did last year and the year before that, at this time in his life he should be putting people over not the other way around.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I'll sum up what I think of all of this in two words.

FUCKING TERRIBLE

He hasn't had one feud worth a shit. He dominated Booker for absolutely no good reason. They booked him in a feud with Mordechai....now he's in OVW. Now they are bringing up John Heidendouche....and I don't even have to tell anyone what I think of him(I am sure you can figure it out).......so basically.......Undertaker has done NOTHING of value since his return......well, he would've had he really killed Paul Bearer......

He never actually feuded with Mordechai so that doesn't count. He was sent to OVW because they wanted him to improve BEFORE he fought the Undertaker.

He beat Booker in the one match they had together, and Booker is no worse for it so that's not really a big deal.

The Heidenreich feud hasn't even started yet.

But he did have the best match on SD! in FOREVER the last time he fought Cena, so that's something of value.

What was your point again?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Undertaker hasn't done anything worthwhile on SD just like he did last year and the year before that, at this time in his life he should be putting people over not the other way around.

Then how come UT carried Cena to a better match then Eddy could carry JBL to?

Guest JoeyStyles

I've seen both Cena/Taker matches and they both were below average IMO.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I've seen both Cena/Taker matches and they both were below average IMO.

Well, what was wrong with the last one, in your opinion?

Because if you're just going to sit there and go "Well it's my opinion" that's great, but next time try and bring a bit of logic along with it.

The fact of the matter is that the Undertaker/Cena match that aired on the 6/22 edition of SmackDown was a great old-school style brawl that benefitted from having a ton of heat, a motivated Taker, and an energetic Cena. The timing of both men was note perfect, the execution was crisp, and the finish (while overbooked, but not overbooked to the level of JBL/Eddie in the Cage) was exciting. It was also rated the Match of the Week by the good peeps at the DVDVR MB.

Oh and the last time Taker and Angle hooked up for the title was a Free TV MOTYC.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

DEAN's review of UT/Cena 6/24/04

- CENA wrestles MUGAtaker and these are always good. Cole is an idiot because he finds the cement mixer in the background to be "poetic". And they wrestle. Cena has a babyface flurry early and MT cuts him off with the old school shot to the throat. Cena has another flurry and MUGAtaker cuts him off by throwing him to the floor. The sweet old school suplex into the ring makes me love the MUGAtaker all over again. Cena is fucking great making the best of his hope spots. MT is beautiful cutting him off. MT bumps to the floor and we go to a commercial. Join me as we think about CRZ's hai... oh. Goddamit. The Enzyte commercial is amusing. I'm GOING TO WATCH KEVIN HILL. IT IS TIME I GOT INTO THE UPN PRIMETIME SCHEDULE. AM I WRONG? Oop! We return and Cena is brawling to the floor. I wish they both punched better because they both have a real Memphis feel that would make their matches GREAT if they could actually credibly punch to transition. The legdrop on the apron by MUGataker is fucking BEAUTIFUL. Cena is nearly Steamboatlike with his selling of the assbeating but his offense is too weak to continue any comparison. Cena does the GREAT comeback and MT does the fucking BEAUTIFUL elbow to cut him off. This match fucking rocks. MUGAtaker with the fucking BEAUTIFUL Superplex. Yeah, fuck it. I LOVE this match. MT with a chinlock and GOD these two are so built for each other. Cena fights out and MT clubbing Elbows him down. Cena with the SWWEET hope spot spinebuster. Cena with a GREAT babyface comeback. Cena with the Fistdrop and MT with the fucking million dollar 2 and 34/35ths nearfall. Cean avoids the last ride and Hebner is DEAD! Cena is fucking great for a babyface with no actual offense. Cena with the FU with the ref dead and MT gets the NODAWA for the same count. MT with the chain and Tombstone and there you go. The ending was kinda shitty but these two have weidly great matches against each other. That was good.