TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TSM Game Chatter Thread

Guest Staravenger

Cameron with a nasty fall chasing after a fly ball to center...ouch.

Another lackluster start by The Avatar. I'M SHOCKED!

It pains me to think that they probably could have traded him for Adam Dunn or somone else of that calibar this past offseason. Don't know what they could get for him this offseason.

Derrek Lee hits another home run and it reminds me exactly why I'm not the manager of the Chicago Cubs:

You give me the clipboard, and I might do something completely stupid like...I don't know...putting Lee, who can steal, and his ~.300 average (.370 OBP) in the three hole and move Veteran Leader Moises Alou (owner of the .330 OBP) to sixth in the order, where he can put all those streaky solo shots to use with Aramis (.370 OBP) on base.

But walks clog up the basepaths, sez Dusty Baker, so Lee gets to stew on base and wait impatiently for Proven Run Producer Michael Barrett (who's just about to reach his career high in RBIs - that's 52 - in a few games because of it) to occasionally drive him in, costing the Cubs potential game-winning runs and nerfing my Lee-toting fantasy squad.

As a Cards fan, if Dusty wants to do that, it's fine with me.

Zito is a lefty and still young so as long as he has a decent stretch, they will get some value, but I am still unsure the A's unload him.

Someone must have replaced the reds gatorade with pimp juice, as they were smacking up those San Fransico bitches all game long.

I could've sworn it was a ONE RUN Game. Hardly a severe shit kicking. But our bullpen just refused to keep that game close.

And what happened to Griffey?

I was just joking, it appeared the reds were drinking gatorade not pimp juice, sorry for the miscommunication.

Griffey went out as a precaution, they do want him to fuck up his hamstring right away.

Guest Anglesault

Listened at work today. Brown sounded awesome. Zito...not so much. He's just totally fallen off a cliff this year.

And I know he may fall back again in a couple of games, but I feel really good for Johnny Olerud.

It pains me to think that they probably could have traded him for Adam Dunn or somone else of that calibar this past offseason. Don't know what they could get for him this offseason.

So is your mind now made up that his Cy Young year was just a CAREER year, and he is incapable of returning to that form? I'm just afraid for not getting enough value for him and then having to watch him return to form on another team.... :(

I'm always confused as to why Lee bats sixth, too. Barrett has been improved this season, but Lee would definitely be better served in the three spot. Personally, I think the lineup should read something like Patterson, Nomar, Lee, Ramirez, Sosa, Alou, etc. Veteran experience or not, Alou and Sosa aren't nearly the run-creators Aramis and Lee have been this season.

Of course, there's some stupid notion among vets that they're entitled to things like hitting in the coveted spots of the lineup, but they've gotta put their selfishness aside and realize it's not what's best for the team. This was Bagwell's problem in Houston, when he was dropped to the fifth spot in the order. Past contributions shouldn't be forgotten, but by the same token, you can't keep guys in spots they clearly don't belong in just because they've succeeded in the past.

As for Zito, I think he just had a career year. He doesn't have overpowering stuff and when he can't get that breaking ball for strikes, he's in hot water.

Man, the Reds just plated 10 runs in the 8th inning to basically put away what was a 2-1 game going into the inning. Yep, real smart moving trading away Felix Rodriguez.

Guest Anglesault

So is your mind now made up that his Cy Young year was just a CAREER year, and he is incapable of returning to that form? I'm just afraid for not getting enough value for him and then having to watch him return to form on another team.... :(

That's why, if you're for a trade, you have to tell yourself "We had to do this, no matter what happens elsewhere, it just wasn't working"

Guest Anglesault
It is now beyond pimp juice, the reds were drinking haterade during the 8th inning, as they were haterizing all over the giants bullpen.

So Haterade ranks higher than Pimp Juice?

Don't the A's get picks for Zito if he were to leave?

If they don't exercise his 2006 option then he could leave after 2005. Problem is if has another bad year next season I don't think they'll be compensated with a 1st round pick. Plus they could always use the freed up cash as he'll make $4.8 million next year.

It is now beyond pimp juice, the reds were drinking haterade during the 8th inning, as they were haterizing all over the giants bullpen.

On behalf of the incoming Cubs, I thank you for wearing down the Giants' already horrible bullpen.

I'm always confused as to why Lee bats sixth, too. Barrett has been improved this season, but Lee would definitely be better served in the three spot. Personally, I think the lineup should read something like Patterson, Nomar, Lee, Ramirez, Sosa, Alou, etc. Veteran experience or not, Alou and Sosa aren't nearly the run-creators Aramis and Lee have been this season.

Of course, there's some stupid notion among vets that they're entitled to things like hitting in the coveted spots of the lineup, but they've gotta put their selfishness aside and realize it's not what's best for the team. This was Bagwell's problem in Houston, when he was dropped to the fifth spot in the order. Past contributions shouldn't be forgotten, but by the same token, you can't keep guys in spots they clearly don't belong in just because they've succeeded in the past.

As for Zito, I think he just had a career year. He doesn't have overpowering stuff and when he can't get that breaking ball for strikes, he's in hot water.

Thing is, maybe Lee and Ramirez are comfortable in those spots and don't want to be moved up or down. Some guys can't hit in the 3-4 hole but can kill the ball in other parts of the line-up.

Ramirez is killing where he is, I'd rather not touch him and risk pulling him out of his groove. Same goes for Lee.

I'll allow it, as it's well deserved.

*hangs head in shame*

Carl Pavano pisses me off. I've got him for my fantasy team and he looked to be on his way to a two-run complete game, until the wheels completely fell off in the 8th. He was at 90 pitches when the inning started and could only retire one guy, which was on a force out. As it is, he's given up four earned runs and knowing this Florida pen, will probably be charged with at least one more. Okay, I'm done.

Re: Barry Zito

What would happen is that when he becomes eligible for free agency, the A's would decide whether to offer him arbitration. Let me try and make this easy to decifer.....

Option 1: A's Do not offer arbitration

The A's then lose the right to resign Zito, and he's a free agent. The A's receive no compensation.

Option 2: A's offer arbitration

The A's can continue to negotiate with Zito. If Zito declines arbitration and signs with another team, the A's receive draft picks. HOWEVER, Zito may accept arbitration, and he would then likely receive a high salary, which the A's would have to pay. So there's a risk involved.

Re: Barry Zito

What would happen is that when he becomes eligible for free agency, the A's would decide whether to offer him arbitration. Let me try and make this easy to decifer.....

Option 1: A's Do not offer arbitration

The A's then lose the right to resign Zito, and he's a free agent. The A's receive no compensation.

Option 2: A's offer arbitration

The A's can continue to negotiate with Zito. If Zito declines arbitration and signs with another team, the A's receive draft picks. HOWEVER, Zito may accept arbitration, and he would then likely receive a high salary, which the A's would have to pay. So there's a risk involved.

They should have went with option C; offer him up for trade when the deadline came along and see if either Baltimore or someone would have made a jump at him like the Mets.

It's becoming obvious Oakland should not try to keep him in town so I don't understand.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

last year I could see trading Zito, but now what's the point? His value has taken a complete nosedive, may as well see if he can return to form then trade him for a bunch of prospects with a 50/50 chance of ever playing.

I remember someone on ESPN.com saying that they should have traded Zito instead of Lilly last off-season since they could have gotten more for him than Bobby Kielty.

That's true. For some reason though Beane seems to look for the lesser known players.

A bad performance by the Twins. It's not shocking, they stink in weekday home day games. Not bad this homestand, so far. 4-2 against the Bo-Sox, and Halos.

I think Beane wanted Kielty partialy because he doesn't make a lot of money, but if he traded Zito it would have shed more payroll that would have allowed him to get a more expensive player.

On behalf of the incoming Cubs, I thank you for wearing down the Giants' already horrible bullpen.

The reds were more than happy to do it, now go cubbies, put some dents in that brick wall.