TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

No Mercy 2004 moved

WWE No Mercy will now be held on October 3 at the Continental Arena in East Rutherford, NJ. As recently as last week WWE.com showed the PPV as occuring as Washington, DC's MCI Center.

This is the 2nd 2004 PPV that the WWE has scheduled and then changed its location; June's Bad Blood was originally booked for Louisville, KY before being changed to Columbus, OH.

Is it a RAW PPV? :huh:

It may have to do with them not wanting Batista getting face pops, as he did in DC recently. Especially since he'll probaly be facing a top 'somewhat face' at that time.

Guest Trivia247

something weird when they were promoting that last Raw here in DC on the radio they were making it sound like it was the LAST show the WWE was doing at the MCI center...

what the hell

Oooohh...after seeing the topic in..Current events I think it is...do you think it could be because of that? The terrorism alert thing or whatever...

Even though it's not like New Jersey is that far away and all.

Oooohh...after seeing the topic in..Current events I think it is...do you think it could be because of that? The terrorism alert thing or whatever...

Even though it's not like New Jersey is that far away and all.

No, the show site was switched on WWE.com before the latest terror alert was announced. Besides, northern New Jersey is part of the latest alert zone along with D.C. and New York City so it is really no difference.

As I noted in a different thread (the one with the latest Observer newsletter info), the final Smackdown broadcast before No Mercy is going to be pre-empted in D.C. by an Orioles game. This obviously would have hurt any ticket sales for a Smackdown PPV had it been held in D.C. Is it why WWE moved the show? I don't know but it is as good a theory as anything else.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

No Mercy is a Smackdown ppv. I was at the smackdown house show this past saturday at Continental when they announced it. Tickets go on sale August 14th for anyone interested.

The next night is going to be Raw at MSG. They didn't announce when tickets go on sale for that yet.

I plan on going for $90 seats at most. Sure, it's a Smackdown PPV, but how often do they come to NJ for a PPV? I can hope that it'll be an Angle-Undertaker main event.

Guest krazykat72
I plan on going for $90 seats at most. Sure, it's a Smackdown PPV, but how often do they come to NJ for a PPV? I can hope that it'll be an Angle-Undertaker main event.

I'll be there, but the fact that it's here (NJ) isn't a big deal with the proximity to NYC and all the PPV's that take place there. It's actually much less of a hassle to get on a train and go to the Garden, then to take the Tirnpike to the Meadowlands.

-Paul Jacobi-

I'll be there, but the fact that it's here (NJ) isn't a big deal with the proximity to NYC and all the PPV's that take place there. It's actually much less of a hassle to get on a train and go to the Garden, then to take the Tirnpike to the Meadowlands.

-Paul Jacobi-

Same reason why I would pick MSG over Nassau Coliseum. All I have to do is jump on the Ronkonkoma train to Penn Station (as compared to Southern State from central Suffolk -> Meadowbrook -> Hempshit Turnpike).

Plus, me and my brother would likely get a free dinner courtesy of my sister who lives in Manhattan. :D

Are you absolutely sure RAW's at MSG the night after No Mercy?

Deon, I only wish it was Halloween Havoc. Unfortunately, WWE decided to go with

Taboo Tuesday instead of Halloween Havoc. :( There's already a thread floating around.

200th post, Baby!!! :headbang: