TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

hardall

I've grown very tired of both candidates.

Let me get some things out of the way.

Economic conservative, social liberal (has almost become a regular stance.)

I HATE KERRY. Wishy-washy motherfuck is basically Bob Dole, after he was a quite liberal Senator. SAY WHAT YOU MEAN. Vote against the Laci Peterson bill? you are a wanker. with a capitol F for fucker

I HATE BUSH. I know many very smart men whom are inarticulate, but Bush is basically the meanest drunk with the biggest wallet to step into a bar. If you really like that characterization, you're retarded.

I don't think we've ever had such horrible candidates. 1996, 1st yr I paid attention to voting, (couldn't vote yet,) I gave my incorporeal vote to Clinton,. becuase country was doing swell, no need to shake it up, and hey, social liberal. BUT, I respected Dole. Hell of a guy, hardened, conservative for sure, who cares?

I don't think either side can honestly defend either the incumbant, or Kerrey on the issues.

I agree with you on your stance. For me, finding a candidate to my liking is very difficult. This time around it just seems like another round of holding my nose and voting. It's awful when the only choices available have their hands so deep in the corporate cookie jar that nobody can trust them regardless of what your beliefs are.

Bush and Kerry are both dickheads for the obvious reasons "debated" here and elsewhere and now we have to choose.

Just plain nifty.

Guest BDC

I do agree in that I'd rather just have two new guys. I'll say at least the President has personality, but still...

Guest GreatOne

I HATE KERRY. Wishy-washy motherfuck is basically Bob Dole, after he was a quite liberal Senator. SAY WHAT YOU MEAN. Vote against the Laci Peterson bill? you are a wanker. with a capitol F for fucker

I HATE BUSH. I know many very smart men whom are inarticulate, but Bush is basically the meanest drunk with the biggest wallet to step into a bar. If you really like that characterization, you're retarded.

You know I would have more.......no I take that back I actually would HAVE respect for Michael Moore if this was the current stance he took. I don't agree with it but it's eons better than his current leeching.

You know I would have more.......no I take that back I actually would HAVE respect for Michael Moore if this was the current stance he took. I don't agree with it but it's eons better than his current leeching.

How did this inlove Michael Moore?

Did Bill Clinton mention him?

Guest GreatOne

Oh, sorry. I guess when talking about supposed 'independents' that are supposed to have this viewpoint (that both guys are idiots) yet are trying to influence the election to one side I can't even mention, that guy, by name.

I would suspect that Jesse Ventura has more of that viewpoint. OMG I just brought up somebody else who wasn't even mentioned!!!!!!!!!

Kerry may be a war hero, but Jesse Ventura will keep us safe from predators. They form an axis of evil with Deceptacons, The brotherhood of evil mutants, Mumm-ra, and the USSR.

Whenever I listen to conservative radio, a lot of the callers (besides the kooks whom they obviously let on the lines to prove the lefties are nuts) always mention that they LOVED McCain. And the O'reilly's and limbaugh's always dis them as TRYING to sound more conservative. Like they didn't really like McCain. What a load of delicious carp. If McCain had won the Republican primary, he would have won by a landslide. Dean's the same way (not in the landslide way). Often I gaped at him and said WHAT IS HE SAYING (please read in Joe Schmoe Matt voice), and I would have been hard-pressed to vote for him over Bush (50-50) But, man, he spoke his mind.

And don't tell me Bush speaks his mind. Remember 'compassionate conservative'? HIS wishy-washy stances? Everyone I knew thought he and Gore sounded alike, except for one sounded stupid, and one sounded like he should have been at Chuck E Cheese. Good pool to pick from there.

I LOVE McCain. He's stolid, somewhat charismatic, but none of that matters a whit, because he SPOKE HIS MIND. He told you clearly what he stood for. Generally and specifically. Of course he railed against the current election process (which is so diseased), so he got booted. I respect the rabid conservatives and liberals more than I respect centrists who are centrist becasue they don't know what they want.

Most of all, I respect the rare person who isn't on the far end of the spectrum, who clearly tells you what they are for and against. It shows that they think about the issues. They don't just play it for spin and politics. They don't just toe the party line. I will vote for someone like that over someone who is a blob, unless they're Buchannan crazy.

You know what we should start? A thread where people state their fuckin views. they can validate them: por exemplo I am pro-choice, but only in the 1st trimester (unless rape incest risk to mother.)

We could have

-Abortion

-Gay marriage

-Wellfare

-War in Iraq

-health care

-taxes

No snarky comments, no bitching to clutter it up. It would be interesting to see how people think. You of course could add comments. As long as they're specific. LIke my example, I'm pro-choice, but many liberals would probably revile me.

*whew* that made me think, when I'm sick as a dog.

Guest GreatOne
Kerry may be a war hero,

Whenever I listen to conservative radio, a lot of the callers (besides the kooks whom they obviously let on the lines to prove the lefties are nuts) always mention that they LOVED McCain. And the O'reilly's and limbaugh's always dis them as TRYING to sound more conservative. Like they didn't really like McCain. What a load of delicious carp. If McCain had won the Republican primary, he would have won by a landslide. Dean's the same way (not in the landslide way). Often I gaped at him and said WHAT IS HE SAYING (please read in Joe Schmoe Matt voice), and I would have been hard-pressed to vote for him over Bush (50-50) But, man, he spoke his mind.

And don't tell me Bush speaks his mind. Remember 'compassionate conservative'? HIS wishy-washy stances? Everyone I knew thought he and Gore sounded alike, except for one sounded stupid, and one sounded like he should have been at Chuck E Cheese. Good pool to pick from there.

I LOVE McCain. He's stolid, somewhat charismatic, but none of that matters a whit, because he SPOKE HIS MIND. He told you clearly what he stood for. Generally and specifically. Of course he railed against the current election process (which is so diseased), so he got booted. I respect the rabid conservatives and liberals more than I respect centrists who are centrist becasue they don't know what they want.

Most of all, I respect the rare person who isn't on the far end of the spectrum, who clearly tells you what they are for and against. It shows that they think about the issues. They don't just play it for spin and politics. They don't just toe the party line. I will vote for someone like that over someone who is a blob, unless they're Buchannan crazy.

You know what we should start? A thread where people state their fuckin views. they can validate them: por exemplo I am pro-choice, but only in the 1st trimester (unless rape incest risk to mother.)

We could have

-Abortion

-Gay marriage

-Wellfare

-War in Iraq

-health care

-taxes

No snarky comments, no bitching to clutter it up. It would be interesting to see how people think. You of course could add comments. As long as they're specific. LIke my example, I'm pro-choice, but many liberals would probably revile me.

*whew* that made me think, when I'm sick as a dog.

but Jesse Ventura will keep us safe from predators. They form an axis of evil with Deceptacons, The brotherhood of evil mutants, Mumm-ra, and the USSR.

No, he's just an indie who actually rips both sides for being clueless, which I don't agree with entirely, but I'll take that over a so-called indy making a so-called documentary, the goal of which is to help a certain party get into office whether he wants to admit it or not.

Oh, I actually like Jesse. Who spoke his mind more than him? He has the best quality of an actual conservative: he is a realist.

EDIT: I never, ever said i liked Moore. Well I liked him through Bowling. Since I'm pro- gun control. But since he started making F9/11 he's been saying shit that is frankly anti-American. I think he's smart, and he's made some good stuff (anyone who doesn't feel for Roger & Me is completely lacking empathy) However, he's gotten more and more nuts, and that plays well to the rabid anti-Bush crowd, which has been simmering since the fucked-up election. He's just a liberal Limbaugh (who I honestly think is just a brilliant manipulator, tell people what they want to hear=$$ , I think he's actually playing a character.)

Vote against the Laci Peterson bill? you are a wanker. with a capitol F for fucker

Wow. You're smart. That bill opens the door to making abortion a murder of another human being in the eyes of the law.

Just because they decided to attatch Laci's name to it doesn't mean that anyone who votes against it because of the precedent it sets is one of Scott Peterson's best friends. This same shit happened when they renamed the Estate Tax into the Death Tax.

I'm pro choice. However, if you murder a pregnat woman, bam. You are a fuck.

In abortion, that's their kid. It's a serious decision, hopefully, and the life of their child. If you have an abortion, you take it upon yourself.

If you murder a pregnant woman, you aren't entitled to that choice. you didn't create that life. That's not your fucking kid.

I'll take a pro life stance before I think that if you murder a pregnat woman you aren't responsiblke for 2 lives. Fuck the technicalities.

I'm pro choice. However, if you murder a pregnat woman, bam. You are a fuck.

Duh. And I don't think it means Kerry is against the idea someone should get a harsher punishment for doing such a thing. However, to place it under the same code that makes killing a born human a crime, opens the door to a number of scary things.

Perhaps such a proposal can pass when it's not a gateway to outlawing abortion.

I think that's similar to the retarded argument about gay marriages, e.g., it'll open the door to incest! and bestiality! Which is bullshit. Laws should be looked at at their face value more often than not, not their implications.