TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

Olympic Chatter

Just to make sure that everything doesn't get crammed into one thread since we didn't have one of these yesterday.

One weird observation, the people doing the softball coverage for CBC/TSN appear to be calling the game via telephone. Not really sure why.

Guest croweater

Am I meant to laugh and mock the "Dream Team" in this thread or yesterdays?

With the different timezones of people on the board it will be hard to keep these different threads going prorerly.

I think mocking the basketball team deserves its own thread. This one can be all about how the USA womens softball team rules. Or hating on Phelps for being selfish or questioning how the boxing corner men find a way to cheat to findout what the score is.

Australia wins another gold! This time for women's trap shooting.

I think by the time this day (or, in our case, night) is over we may be winning the medal tally. And stay at the top until track and field starts.

Guest croweater

I'm so excited about the swimming tonight

I'm setting my alarm for 2:30 so I don't miss ANY of it.

Thorpe, Phelps, Hacked and Vandenwhosithuh... I'm almost wetting myself. Then we've got Thomas looking for her 3rd gold and little Jonsey who's got a bloody good shot to. AUSTRALIA OWNZ TODAY

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The ladies of water polo are very well-muscled, and wet. I don't mind this.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Whoa, these bitches are wailing on each other. Don't take no shit, Italy.

This would take insane cardiovascular health to do properly. Being in such good shape, I wish they'd wear something more flattering.

Guest Evolution

Never thought I'd see something more boring than rowing.

Welcome to equestrian. The way that ring is set up for this event, I'm practically begging for a demo derby to be added to the Olympics.

Canada goes to 2-0 in baseball with their 9-3 win over Italy. And right now Child/Heese are beating the Americans 1 set to 0 in Beach Volleyball.

EDIT: The Canadians crush the Americans in the second set to win two straight and go to 1-1.

I am switching between table tennis and women's field hockey right now. This field hockey stuff is interesting. Argentina vs. Japan, tied 1-1. I hope Team Japan pulls it out.

EDIT: I never knew they had perverted camerman at the Olympics, as they just showed an upskirt shot of the a Japanese player. Lovely.

The ladies of water polo are very well-muscled, and wet. I don't mind this.

DOA Vollyball is so much better........I mean beach vollyball.

:wub:

I am presenting SHAKING A FUCKING FIST that I don't have Telemundo. Goddamit! I wanted to watch Mexico vs. China in Women's beach volleyball. I mean, beach volleyball, Mexicans, and hot, Communist Chinese women in bikinis, what more can you ask for? Damn you, DirectTV! Damn you to hell!

Telemundo is nothing but soccer or boxing.

Actually they are going to show beach volleyball.

I just noticed that it will be on at 7/6 pm tonight.

Handball looks interesting.

Guest ramsdell

One guy got busted open in handball on msnbc now. croatia vs ? he got a knee right in his face! Handball is my new favorite sport. When is wrestling on?

Hey, anybody just see the 200m butterfly semi-finals, first heat? Talk about outside heat. Nice swim by Stephen Perry.

There's a Journey joke in there somewhere, isn't there?

Australia wins another gold! This time for women's trap shooting.

I'll be honest, I thought this was only a medal sport in the Commonwealth Games...

Hey, anybody just see the 200m butterfly semi-finals, first heat? Talk about outside heat. Nice swim by Stephen Perry.

I think it's Parry, but no worry. Great swim I agree and the best thing Team GB has done all Olympics beside the synch diving...which is still our only medal. Start as we mean to go on, I'm sure.

The Chinese synchronized diving duo MAJORLY fuck up a dive, which allows the Greeks and Americans to have a chance at the gold.

And the Americans blow their dive, so the Greeks win the gold.

Im pretty dissapointed with the swimming team picking Phelps for the 4x100 relay just so he can chase some record he wont get. I dont have anything against Michael Phelps but I think Gary Hall Jr. shouldve been on the relay team. He was on it when they qualified in the morning, but left off for Phelps in the medal round. Hall deserved to be on that team. He won 3 gold medals in Sydney I believe and he got screwed this year.

The mens 200m freestyle was a bit of a dud. It was hyped to the max here in Oz, and had an all star field, but in the end only 2 guys ever looked like winning it - Van Den Hoogenband & Thorpe. Anyway, nice work Thorpey - and keep beating Michael 'i'm gonna win 7 gold medals' Phelps!

And we beat the Russians in womens b'ball. Thank god, now we shouldn't have to face the US womens team until the gold medal game.

Guest Evolution

Has Phelps really been that talkative about the number of gold medals he could win? Has he made a Namath-like statement? If not, we should probably just let him do his thing and not ride his back, because if he hasn't been playing it up to the media, then it's the media themselves who are hyping Phelps up.

According to the guys on Around the Horn, the big deal around Phelps is being made by the media and Speedo.

Guest Nanks

It was only ever a 2-man race. Phelps was never going to get near Hoogie and Thorpe. The only surprise for mine was that Hackett didn't really challenge Phelps for 3rd.

Disappointing result in the chicks' 100 breast, Leisel & Brooke really should've been able to get over the Chinese girl, but I doubt they even realised someone was challenging them coz she was all the way over in Lane 1 and out of sight.

AoO, you don't know the half of how violent the girls get in the water polo, it's not at all uncommon for the girls to have to make dashes to the change rooms for new suits coz the one they're wearing has just been torn right off them. They're all covered in bruises and scratches and shit after the games too. They're tough cookies.

Has Phelps really been that talkative about the number of gold medals he could win? Has he made a Namath-like statement? If not, we should probably just let him do his thing and not ride his back, because if he hasn't been playing it up to the media, then it's the media themselves who are hyping Phelps up.

I'm certain he said in a press conferance that he was going to win 7 golds. After that i think the media just ran with it, so more recently he has been coming out saying he would be happy to win just 1. The Australian media in particular made a big deal out of it, because they wanted a repeat of the Sydney Olympics where Gary Hall said they were going "to smash them...like guitars", and then we beat them and played air guitar in front of them. I guess it's the whole underdog thing.