TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TSM MLB Chatter

Carlos actually pitched well. He made one mistake; that being the two-run triple to Bill Hall (who I swear to god, sucks against anyone not wearing a Cubs uniform). The bullpen actually held things down. It was just our bad defense and anemic offense that did us in.

More or less, everyone's healthy for the Cubs now. No excuses left not to make that big running EVERYONE has been expecting them to make all season. Hard to say if it's going to come, but if they're gonna make one, it'd be wise to get on that, stat.

So Schmidt leaves the game in before the ninth with something. Looked like he strained something in his leg. Gents up 4-2 with only 3 outs to record and secure a painless win, and Schmidty's 16th of the year.

The Giants bullpen would have NONE of that and decide to make the game a bit more interesting by letting the 'Spos tie the game.

Sure we won it in the 9th, but squeaking by the Expos isn't making me any more comfortable with this bullshit pen.

If Schmidt's out for more than a start, we're through.

If Schmidt's out, I'll shed a tear for my fantasy baseball aspirations. I was wondering why he wasn't back out there for the ninth, since he was still at a reasonable pitch count.

Mark Teixeira hits for the cycle, Scott Erickson doesn't suck for one day at least and the Texas offence is back in full swing. After seemingly being on the verge of letting the A's and Angels start slipping away in the AL West the series' against the Devil Rays and Indians have sparked the Rangers back to life, 5 wins straight and 1/2 a game back from Oakland. One more game with Cleveland and then 3 games against the Royals should hopefully keep this run going for a little while yet.

A nice win for the Twins tonight. Hopefully Koskie is getting his act together. Santana vs Mussina Wednesday night. The Twins should win that one.

The schedule continues to be a bitch. 2 more vs NY, 3 vs Cleveland, 4 at Texas, 3 at Anaheim, and 3 vs Texas.

I thought it was CARLOS Zambrano that got hurt and freaked. Ah well we lost anyway.

Nah..it's the Mets' Zambrano. If there's two players by the same last name, the Mets will always get the worse one (exception Al Leiter).

Andy Pettitte is done for the season. He'll have elbow surgery to repair his torn tendon and is supposed to resume throwin in December/January.

I guess this means the Astros are officially waving the white flag as they have been holding out on this for a while.

heh, stupid Astros are really boned now.

They gave up a lot to get Los Beltran, that backfired. Pettitte has WAY underperformed and is now out for the season.

They should have dealt Beltran at the deadline.

Hey Al, what do you think about the rumors of the Phils keeping Bowa after the season and only rearranging the coaching staff?

Oh, and Lidle blows. Clemens now 3-3 with the bases loaded this year.

Hey Al, what do you think about the rumors of the Phils keeping Bowa after the season and only rearranging the coaching staff?

I don't know what to think. Problem number one with this team is lack of development, so obviously the coaching staff shares some of that blame. But I don't think Bowa has any confidence with his players, and at this point they need change for sake of making a change.

Erubiel Durazo was literally the entire team for the A's tonight as he hits three homeruns and knocks in all their runs in a 5-4 win over the Orioles. Mark Mulder's struggles continue though as he does go eight innings but finishes with zero strikeouts and three walks. He has just 15 strikeouts and 17 walks in his last five starts. I still think he may be pitching hurt.

The Cubs bullpen tarnishes a brilliant outing from Clement, who struck out 13. But Patterson comes through with a two-run homer in the 11th to secure the dramatic Cubs win.

With all of this "run support" that Clement gets, he's in his walk year, right? What are the odds of him staying in Chi-town?

Love to see him with a red B on his cap...

Another Phillies loss, now six in a row. Todd Jones is essentially useless. We're now 6.5 games out of the Wild Card, and nine out in the division.

And on a separate note, one of ESPN.com's headlines on the MLB page is that Dwight Gooden got a divorce. The man retired four years ago. Who gives a flying fuck about Gooden's personal life?

Can the Twins please for the rest of the season play consistent baseball. No more winning 8 out of 10, than losing 6 out of 8.

With that said. The Twins can win in the 1st round. The hitting if on is good enough, it's even better if Mauer comes back. The bullpen is solid, and Radke and Santana are great at the front of the rotation.

I just heard that Patterson won't be in today's lineup, as he'll be resting up a minor injury today (sore tendon). A shame, too, since he's been one of the hottest Cubs in the last two weeks. This also doesn't bode well, since we've usually got a weaker lineup as it is when Maddux pitches (since Bako gets the start). Gonna be a tough win today, especially since we're facing a lefty on top of all this.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Vlad is carrying the Angel's batting wise now - its so important that Oakland and Texas don't get 3, 4, 5 games ahead at this stage of the season and Vlad is playing like he knows that.

More fundamental errors from the Cubs aren't enough to cost them the game, as they win a wild one, 9-6. Even though they were down 4-1 in the second, I had a feeling it was long from over. Moments later, Lee tied it with a three-run shot. Still, the Cubs are continuing their tendencies to make easy errors and really bad base-running moves. Lee trying to go from first to third on a ball that was cut off took the wind out of what could've been a big inning. And Alou's horrible base-running blunder in the 9th was so bad, Steve Stone flat-out slammed it.

"That's a smart move by Alou; take the Cubs out of the inning."

And someone watch out for Al. I believe he's on suicide watch after this series with Houston. I figured the Phillies had this one locked down. 'Twas not to be, I guess.

And someone watch out for Al. I believe he's on suicide watch after this series with Houston. I figured the Phillies had this one locked down. 'Twas not to be, I guess.

Are you kidding me? The rare benefit of being a Philadelphia sports fan is that we NEVER get our hopes up. I am thinking about starting an "Alan Keiper for Philly GM" movement though.