TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Borland back with Limp Bizkit

Leave Limp Bizkit to the 15 year old kids who think they hate their parents. Inevitably, the loud guitars and screaming vocals will somehow lead them to entry level metal bands (perhaps even Metallica or Megadeth types). Most likely the ones from the scenes eminating out of the northeast that have tons of CORE. From there, I imagine that at a show or party, these kids will hear a band with no core, but maybe a bit of DEATH...thusly they will be lead down the path of generally superior music.

If we're lucky, they will then take it upon themselves to search out older bands of their chosen METAL genre. Of course, this then puts them on the trail of other great bands and genres. Natural evolution I figure. Pure musical bliss results.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

No they won't, they'll listen to Slipknot, the black album, and Godsmack.

Slipknot? I could never even try to listen to a group I heard eats turds on stage. Gimmicks like them, ICP, and Kiss just never appealed to me.

I don't hate all gimmicks. There are bands with gimmicks that I actually like--The Hives with their all black outfits and white ties and shoes, 2 Skinnee J's wore Mork and Mindy outfits with golden bowls on their heads from '97-'00, and Static-X's lead singer's electric-shock hair. I only liked Static-X's debut record, however.

But when your gimmick is about negativity or how fucked up the world is (Slipknot, ICP, Marilyn Manson), then I hate you.

Guest El Satanico
Gimmicks like Kiss just never appealed to me.

Oh yeah because Kiss is such an extreme band...please they're an overblown Ballad band

Nile has a good gimmick

Gimmicks like Kiss just never appealed to me.

Oh yeah because Kiss is such an extreme band...please they're an overblown Ballad band

Nile has a good gimmick

The face painting and costumes are a gimmick.

Guest acnx
Leave Limp Bizkit to the 15 year old kids who think they hate their parents. Inevitably, the loud guitars and screaming vocals will somehow lead them to entry level metal bands (perhaps even Metallica or Megadeth types). Most likely the ones from the scenes eminating out of the northeast that have tons of CORE. From there, I imagine that at a show or party, these kids will hear a band with no core, but maybe a bit of DEATH...thusly they will be lead down the path of generally superior music.

If we're lucky, they will then take it upon themselves to search out older bands of their chosen METAL genre. Of course, this then puts them on the trail of other great bands and genres. Natural evolution I figure. Pure musical bliss results.

You sir, are the fucking champion.

:headbang:

And yes, at one point in time, GWAR had the best gimmick, then The Polyphonic Spree came along, and owned their asses.

Guest acnx
And yes, at one point in time, GWAR had the best gimmick, then The Polyphonic Spree came along, and owned their asses.

No more posting for you!

spreewater.jpg

:ph34r:

I have a problem with Limp Bizkit, especially Fred Durst...

Of course that could be because he played 3 songs in Chicago before calling us "Cum-Guzzling Whores"

Sure, some guy threw a lemon at him and hit him in the nuts, but still..

(go ahead, close yur eyes and visualize that, it's good fun)

No more posting for you!

spreewater.jpg

:ph34r:

I saw these guys last Wednesday. Fun show.

Guest Basswitch

Sux for that mike guy..

I bet he knew it was only temporary though.

Even though fred did make it seem like the kid had something wrong with him.

On that note, you can assume that the sh-- we are writing now is f---ing powerful and very emotionally laced with reality..."

Waitaminute ... the new "shit" is both powerful AND emotionally laced with reality?!? How could I not want to hear it now???.

image611139.jpg

Thanks a bunch, Incan. Now I have to go burn all of my Smiths albums.