TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Make a statement

Rebuttal:

Perhaps, but I do believe we'd see the Crash TV concept that got him over, but blended with old-school in-ring action. The main events of PPVs would almost always have some sort of stipulation, too, considering HHH has to know that his best matches have been gimmick matches (Ladder match v. Rock, SSlam 98; Street Fight v. Cactus, Rumble 00; HIAC v. Cactus, NWO 00; Iron Man v. Rock, Judgment Day 00; etc.). We'd also see less varied wrestling than we even have now, as Hunter doesn't like any style but technical wrestling and old-school brawling.

Statement: Given his respect for wrestlers, especially from the distant past, we'll see more of an old-school style when HHH finally heads the company. And by head of the company he's the CEO, and doesn't wrestle.

If HHH respects wrestlers as much as people says he does how come he has so much difficulty in properly putting somebody over? 'Cause to me that's the biggest sign of respect.

Statement: Given his respect for wrestlers, especially from the distant past, we'll see more of an old-school style when HHH finally heads the company. And by head of the company he's the CEO, and doesn't wrestle.

If HHH respects wrestlers as much as people says he does how come he has so much difficulty in properly putting somebody over? 'Cause to me that's the biggest sign of respect.

Keeping your spot is called business, and name me one wrestler that would act any differently in his place.

You can't.

Rebuttal: only Batista and HHH are the only noticable ones that use steriods heavily, compared to 10 years ago when every big star (no pun intended) would have the look of super buff men.

Rebuttal: 10 years ago the top stars were Bret Hart, Owen Hart & Bob Backlund. (Sept 1994)

As much as I can't stand him now, Flair in the 80's was the perfect model for what HHH should be doing today. Note how Flair was able to job, put guys over and make them look good and still retain his heat and be considered a top guy. Flair did this without resorting to outright burying guys.

HHH is unable to do the last part of my above statement.

Keeping your spot is called business, and name me one wrestler that would act any differently in his place.

You can't.

Rebuttal: The Rock. He's about the only one though.

You can't.

Rebuttal: The Rock. He's about the only one though.

The Rock now is pretty good because he knows he's only a part timer and he has bigger things to worry about, but rewind a couple of years and he wasn't as nice. For example - he completely ruined Booker T's credibility at SummerSlam 01. And then backed it up the following month in the handicap match involving Shane. He never put Jericho over clean either, there was always some screwy ending, but that may not have been entirely by his choosing.

. For example - he completely ruined Booker T's credibility at SummerSlam 01.

At the time they were burying WCW and building towards a unification match between Rock & Austin. Blame the booking for that one, not Rock.

At least he put Jericho over, that's more than Austin or HHH ever did. Jericho was a cowardly heel, of course he was going to cheat.

Guest Big Daddy V1
Statement: Benoit and Flair should never wrestle again as in EVERY SINGLE MATCH they've wrestled they've done THE EXACT SAME SPOTS EV-ER-Y FUCK-ING TIME.

Rebuttal: Ric Flir should not be wrestling at all against anyone.

Statement: WWE has been getting better somewhat since HHH officially became part of the McMahon family.

Statement 2: The Intercontinental Title had credibility restored to it since it was given to Randy Orton.

Guest Anglesault

Statement: The ending segment of last night's show may very well have been the stupidest bit since they killed Al Wilson.

Rebuttal: Tying my shoes is more entertaining than RAW. Smackdown, on the otherhand, can't afford to suck like RAW can. I have to tune into RAW or I will lose my spot and my interest will totally be gone from wrestling and I'd never watch again. Even if it is for a half-an-hour, like it often is, I still have to keep up with some of the storylines (Benoits, mainly). Smackdown is so stale and uninteresting (disinteresting?) and has not a single character that I enjoy and want to follow that it really has to make up for it in-ring and in the storylines and it simply doesn't. With RAW there is a sense that anything can happen, as cliched and lame as it sounds, and it tends to be something bad that happens, but at least it gives me something to talk about. Smackdown, given its taped nature, doesn't have that at all.

Guest Anglesault
Rebuttal: You still watch Smackdown?

Sort of. I Tivo it while I watch CSI or the Yankee game and then watch the important parts of SD! late at night.

See, I'm the opposite - there's more guys on SD that I care about than on Raw. SD's been putting on some decent ME's lately, and the midcard has been picking up over the last couple months. Raw's usually feature a decent ME, too, but I'm just not into much of anything in the undercard. Neither show's ME scenes are particularly engrossing to me, so SD's midcard puts them over the top.

Guest Anglesault
Statement: You could totally see the club owner cheating on Catherine from miles away.

Rebuttal: I thought the way the stripper died was more obvious.