TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Looking back, they should have had this episode a month ago and leave the cliff-hanger as Sayid asking Locke to take him to the hatch.

I agree with that.

I mean, it's obvious they can't hit a home run every week. But the constant re-reuns and down time definately takes away from this show. They did this crap too about halfway through the season when the episodes started to drain, and then they've been back and forth since then with solid/awesome/eh episodes.

If the Finale dissapoints, then that's really going to be something that takes me by surprise.

I love this show, but fuck them for doing this off-on bullshit. They deserve the backlash for those moves alone.

I agree. But this was ABC's decision, and if any network knows how to fuck up a hot show, it's ABC.

perfect illustration of why Lost should have a non-stop season a la "24" next year.

What people are really complaining about is that they feel the "Momentum of Awesomeness" was fucked up. Haitus + non-blockbuster ep completely frelled up the MoA.

But Sayid wasn't portaryed as a good guy helping the CIA

He didn't give a fuck about any civilian deaths. He only helped because he wanted to find her (and we already knew that sympathetic side). Sayid is no fan of america.

And I also don't think there is good and evil that you can delineate so easily

The hatch scene was awesome, and Walt's warning? Walt knows too, remember, because he is special.

And it looks like Michael is the one who is being poisoned...

I'm sure they'll find a way to make those who forgot remember.

I didn't mean to define the terms of good and evil in such a clear cut way, just that there are two men who stand for different things (Jack and Locke) and there is one who is basically in the middle of it all (Sayid.)

I agree showing reruns for a long time kill the momentum of the show, but they have to fill the time and span it all out over the regular tv season (September-May).

The season finale is supposed to be the greatest episode and the creators challenge people not to tune in for the season opener in the fall. That's what I read in TV Guide

This whole Shannon angle definetly pussified Sayid. Before then (ie. torturing Sawyer) he was the fuckin man.

They should pull the terrorist trigger and have Sayid try to blow up the hatch.

BTW, Sawyer was one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People this year.

Can't say I disagree, though I'd rather have seen Jin or Locke take that spot. Or Kate, if you're gonna be all hetero about it.

BTW, Sawyer was one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People this year.

Can't say I disagree, though I'd rather have seen Jin or Locke take that spot. Or Kate, if you're gonna be all hetero about it.

DDK didn't make it? It's RACISM I tell ya (if you ignore that Zhang Ziyi and Sandra Oh (beautiful? wtf?) made the list).

Actually, the fact that Mariska Hagritay, Jessica Alba, Zhang Ziyi, Sienna Miller and Maria Sharapova all made the list gets a thumbs up from me. Even if Julia Roberts is on there.

I liked the episode last night. Locke is collapsing, and I think next week will be where the shit completely hits the fan. At least, I hope it will be.

That was my main problem with last night. Off of a month long break and into the final stretch run, and they hit a single when they could have hit a home run. I'll like this episode much more on DVD, but last night was not the episode they needed coming off of a long break.

Guest Evolution

ABC just keeps ordering episodes, which is a good reason for the lag between episodes.

I actually liked this episode, sans the flashbacks as considering this episode as being Locke-centric seems like such a better idea than saying it was Sayid-centric.

So, what is Walt's connection with the hatch?

- He can open it but he won't.

- He knows what is inside.

- He's already seen what's inside.

Those are a few I just came up w/ off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are other possibilities that haven't come up.

20/20 has a special on LOST right now. Apparently every single episode's music is recorded via an orchestra rather than TV show synthesizers.

all writers inspired by the twilight zone... Claire's siutation in the jungle was inspired by Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby hmm... Terry O QUinn was told to act as if he was seeing the most beautiful thing he's ever seen... not much more concrete info from what I saw, but lots of interesting info in general.

Im watching that now to, pretty intresting stuff.

The season finale is supposed to be the greatest episode and the creators challenge people not to tune in for the season opener in the fall. That's what I read in TV Guide

What does that mean?

Not sure if this has been posted, but this is from Dark Horizons about the last three episodes. No real spoilers just a summary of them.

Screw "American Idol", f**k the "Elvis" mini-series - the big event on May 25th is the two-hour "Lost" season finale. The week before on May 18th begins the first of a three episode story arc that caps off the first season of the mega ratings smash success. Today comes a closer look at what's in store - beware there are spoilers ahead.

On the 18th, "Exodus, Part I" sees the third appearance of the French woman - Rousseau - who shocks the survivors by showing up with a dire warning about "the others" (most likely the whispering voices we've heard twice now). Meanwhile, Michael and Jin ready the raft for sailing.

On the 25th, "Exodus, Parts II & III" has the castaways on the raft being surprised at sea by something unexpected. Meanwhile, the remaining islanders attempt to blow open the hatch, whilst Rosseau's visit to the encampment might be a threat to Claire's infant son.

Across all three the flashbacks will take us back to the time when the cast all boarded the ill-fated Flight 815. This allows not only the return of the recently deceased regular cast member, but the introduction of new ones including Michelle Rodriguez who joins the cast next season.

Executive producer J.J. Abrams said in an interview with About.Com this week, "One of the requirements of the finale I think was to answer some questions and keep others out there. Like with everything, that’s the ambition and I believe we’ve succeeded but ultimately the fans are the judge."

One of the big questions that has been circulating is that "Lost" might adopt the no-repeat half-season schedule that has worked successfully for both "24" and Abrams' other much loved show "Alias". However that pattern looks unlikely at least for now - "It would require the network to hold the show back until January, which I don’t think they would do because you can’t make it fast enough to start in September and go all the way through."

What does that mean?

That they're confident hte finale gonna be so incredibly awesome that they're basicaly saying "We dare you to not watch the season premiere after seeing this awesome shit we put out. Go ahead. Try it." i'm assuming it means its a cliffhanger of some sort.

What does that mean?

Not sure if this has been posted, but this is from Dark Horizons about the last three episodes. No real spoilers just a summary of them.

Screw "American Idol", f**k the "Elvis" mini-series - the big event on May 25th is the two-hour "Lost" season finale. The week before on May 18th begins the first of a three episode story arc that caps off the first season of the mega ratings smash success. Today comes a closer look at what's in store - beware there are spoilers ahead.

On the 18th, "Exodus, Part I" sees the third appearance of the French woman - Rousseau - who shocks the survivors by showing up with a dire warning about "the others" (most likely the whispering voices we've heard twice now). Meanwhile, Michael and Jin ready the raft for sailing.

On the 25th, "Exodus, Parts II & III" has the castaways on the raft being surprised at sea by something unexpected. Meanwhile, the remaining islanders attempt to blow open the hatch, whilst Rosseau's visit to the encampment might be a threat to Claire's infant son.

Across all three the flashbacks will take us back to the time when the cast all boarded the ill-fated Flight 815. This allows not only the return of the recently deceased regular cast member, but the introduction of new ones including Michelle Rodriguez who joins the cast next season.

Executive producer J.J. Abrams said in an interview with About.Com this week, "One of the requirements of the finale I think was to answer some questions and keep others out there. Like with everything, that’s the ambition and I believe we’ve succeeded but ultimately the fans are the judge."

One of the big questions that has been circulating is that "Lost" might adopt the no-repeat half-season schedule that has worked successfully for both "24" and Abrams' other much loved show "Alias". However that pattern looks unlikely at least for now - "It would require the network to hold the show back until January, which I don’t think they would do because you can’t make it fast enough to start in September and go all the way through."

See.

I wasn't playing when I told you about Danielle and the others a few pages back.

While not a great episode, it was a very, very good one ... I can't believe how many people are down on it.

Having said that, though, next week looks awesome, and I really can't wait for the finale.

Lastly, if I was Locke, I'd be super-pissed that Jack did NOTHING after I was shot ... just walking away is pretty fucked up, and is a violation of that oath that doctors take (Hippocratic, or something, but I don't feel like going to google just to make sure I'm getting the word right)

I see what you're saying, RRR. I probably could have worded it better.

When I watched the show, I didn't find it uneventful. A major character attempted to shoot & kill another major character ... that's pretty eventful. Add in the whole interplay between Locke & Sayid, and again, that was pretty eventful. Not necessarily something that would shake the very foundation of the show, but not like it was a boring episode.

Just my $0.02, though.

Guest Brian

I think time will vindicate this episode. People set expectations way too high with the Locke/Jack confrontation.

Evangeline Lily was lookin' hot as all hell on Regis and Kelly this morning and they showed a clip of tonight's episode.

Looks like I was right regarding Sawyer knowing Kate's secret. In the clip they showed he calls her on it and accuses her of trying to sweet-talk Michael into giving Kate Sawyer's spot on the raft.

Sign in to follow this