TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Just catching up on Season 1 as well during the week. Did anyone else notice in Jin's later episode - where it shows him go to "deliver a message" for Sun's father the first time - the daughter of the man he's delivering a message to is watching TV. Pause and zoom in and you can see it's footage of Hurley winning the lottery (with subtitles of course). :)

Yes, it was noticed when it originally aired. It was a tease for the next episode, when Hurley's lottery win was revealed.

Guest Vitamin X

I think the "Helen" on the phone is the Helen Locke was talking to in last night's flashback, just a bit of a continuity error probably.

Some of you guys look WAY too much into everything, honestly.

And I hope to god Michelle Rodriguez doesn't bring the show's quality down with her "I'm a tough chick deal with it" act that she plays in damn near every movie. She's so fucking one-dimensional as an actress, I don't know how the hell she would land a role like this, but I guess we'll see if she's worth it or not..

I think the "Helen" on the phone is the Helen Locke was talking to in last night's flashback, just a bit of a continuity error probably.

I doubt it's a continuity error. Seems a little too blatant, IMO.

I don't think that assuming he found another Helen to cling to, and attempt to recorrect the mistakes he made with the original, is looking into things way too much. It makes sense considering his character and where he was at, socially and physically, before the plane crash.

The Helen he was talking to on the phone was a 900-sex number. She was charging him for talking to her.

It doesn't make sense to be the real Helen.

Or a 900-psychic number. They charge too. :P

And I hope to god Michelle Rodriguez doesn't bring the show's quality down with her "I'm a tough chick deal with it" act that she plays in damn near every movie. She's so fucking one-dimensional as an actress, I don't know how the hell she would land a role like this, but I guess we'll see if she's worth it or not..

So they go from a seemingly normal relationship to a breakup to her extorting him for money anonymously over the phone?

Judging by the majority of respones you've posted since coming into this thread you don't look at stuff hard enough.

'Cept for the stunning observation about Kate saying "What" a lot.

I think making the connection between Jin/Sun and the man speaking for Dharma is wrong. My reasoning?

The guy in the video looked Chinese to me - not Korean like Jin and Sun. Again, I'm just a white boy so I may be wrong, but I think my 5+ years at Cornell have left me a decent enough eye for this sort of discrimination.

Just a suggestion.

Guest Vitamin X
Judging by the majority of respones you've posted since coming into this thread you don't look at stuff hard enough.

God forbid I don't obsess over this show like some of you do, no matter how great it is. Chill out.

So they go from a seemingly normal relationship to a breakup to her extorting him for money anonymously over the phone?

Maybe I missed something, but wasn't she leading the group therapy or something that Locke was in? It may not be her exorting him for money anonymously, but it may be that Locke started coming to her for professional advice and she began charging him, as any professional therapist would do.

It's not that far-fetched.

They were broadcasted. The dude who gave Hurley the numbers heard the transmission.

I see Jack growing increasingly obsessed with the numbers and the countdown, so much so that he'll try (succesfully or not) to destroy the computer just so he can prove to everybody that nothing happens when the countdown stops.

She sounded young and female. That's a stereotypical phone-sex worker.

No, actually, the stereotypical phone-sex worker is sleazy sounding, whereas this woman sounded like a regular young woman. You do realize that phone-sex isn't the ONLY thing that a person can get charged for over the phone, right?

Guest Evolution

Just kind of a neat thing, but the thing I couldn't understand the film narrator saying was "namaste", which actually apparently means "I bow to you" in some sort of native language.

Guest Biggles
What the hell is going on with Jin? That preview had me going all types of crazy. I've almost given up speculating at this point - it's getting impossible to predict.

My bet is that it's one of those "way out of context" preview scenes that are typically misleading - he's probably only repeating to Mike and Sawyer something that he heard someone else say.

Guest Essa_Angelico

Just watch episode 3, I think the season is heading in a very good direction. Need to watch it again before i make any speculation.

BTW was that black guy we saw so much Bernard? Is so was that a little joke by the writers when sawyer called him 'Shaft', refering to the rumour over the summer that Sam Jackson was set to play Bernard.

Guest JesusJuiced
My bet is that it's one of those "way out of context" preview scenes that are typically misleading - he's probably only repeating to Mike and Sawyer something that he heard someone else say.

Coming from the guy who is afraid of the "Udders", I can't imagine him repeating an entire English sentence so eloquently.

Guest Biggles

Jin did say the line in perfect English. But if he's been able to speak English all along, and so perfectly to boot, then the reasons for hiding it after all this time on the island had better be really freaking compelling, or I'm going to be pissed.

So, I'm hoping it's a misleading preview like I asserted earlier

Guest Evolution
BTW was that black guy we saw so much Bernard? Is so was that a little joke by the writers when sawyer called him 'Shaft', refering to the rumour over the summer that Sam Jackson was set to play Bernard.

That black guy we saw so much would be Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, or Adebisi from Oz.

Guest Essa_Angelico

Maybe Mike and Jin have a true Han and Chewie thing going on, maybe Mike can hear Jin in perfect English and vise versa.

How long have Rose and Bernard been married? If that was him, Rose spent half the wedding in jail for robbing the cradle. He seemed a little young to be Bernard.

I knew I recognized him but couldn't remember from where.

A few things:

-Jin does not speak perfect English without an accent, period. That preview is more than likely something from a dream that Sun is having, or it's just something that wont even be aired on the show. I'd go with a dream that Sun is having though.

-The Helen on the phone is not the "real" Helen that Locke was involved with. Somewhere down the line, perhaps when he lost the use of his legs, that relationship went sour because he put up yet another wall, so he resorted to calling some sort of pay line, more than likely a sex line, and asked the woman to play the role of Helen on the phone.

-Go straight to this link to see the video again: http://thehansofoundation.org/dharma.html

-And finally, I thought this picture comparing "the others" to some of the people in the video was interesting:

theothers.jpg

Guest Vitamin X

I think I'd probably have to see that part again, but doesn't that girl look a bit too old to be a teenager (as Danielle's daughter would be)?

The guy with the beard doesn't look a lot like the guy in the video, either. Aside from having a beard, of course.

Sign in to follow this