TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

So, will The Island be bitter at Locke for blowing up the hatch and not nescessarily "earning" his way into it? I'd love it if next season started off with Hurley, Locke, Jack and Kate standing at the hatch, ready to descend and *snap*- Locke's legs go out and he can't climb down. Jack being the one to find out what was inside it the whole time would drive JL up the fuckin wall.

Uh.......ok.

Sometimes I think that SJ is really JJ Abrams and is just fucking with us all. I'm not talking about any re-infection. I'm talking about The Island punishing Locke. But, knowing you, I'm sure the two are related in some way. :)

This thread did seem to go from people who enjoyed the show and posted their reactions and possible theories to being a thread filled with long-ass opinions that were seemingly supposed to be viewed as facts. I thought the thread was saved when people posted their "best of" and "worst of" choices, but evidently the lecture continues.

I personally completely stopped reading SJ's posts when he posted this classic:

Nice to see someone else see something

As if his insight to the show was so much superior to anyone else's.

So, will The Island be bitter at Locke for blowing up the hatch and not nescessarily "earning" his way into it? I'd love it if next season started off with Hurley, Locke, Jack and Kate standing at the hatch, ready to descend and *snap*- Locke's legs go out and he can't climb down. Jack being the one to find out what was inside it the whole time would drive JL up the fuckin wall.

I thought the last few seconds of the finale clearly showed that ladder only had about 3 or 4 steps, then the next step was unhinged/half destroyed, then there were no more steps and it just went on with nothing on the sides to grab on to.

As someone said, they'll probably have a crappy storyline of them taking half the season to try to get down the hatch.

They should have the season premiere have them actually get into the hatch.

hmmm...what if they had season 2 start like a year after the end of season 1. Have them deep into some things, like into the hatch and can use flashbacks to show the major events that happened over the year that got them to where they are. It'd be a way to keep the flashbacks and change them a bit instead of them just showing charecters pre-flight, though obviously could still use em that way for any new charecters introduced.

I dunno, seemed like a good idea when I first thought of it, heh

I have a feeling they've already filmed a good part of the first episode. I think we'll stay in that time frame that we were last year, and not advance. I think we'll start the episode with the four of them still at the hatch trying to figure out what's next, maybe even questioning Hurley what he meant by the numbers.

I think we'll be still back at sea (Holloway said in an interview they cut stuff out that they filmed after the ending that was released...basically meaning that there's more stuff we haven't seen yet).

I doubt they'll advance it all. I think it would take away too much from the show.

Guest Joe_G

OK, I totally missed the boat on Lost until I saw a bit of the finale and was intrigued. So I went on a three week binge of tracking down eps. It actually had its pluses--no pesky seven day wait between eps. And now I only have to wait three agonizing months instead of four agonizing months until the second season.

Fun fact: I went to college with the actor who played Charlie's brother in "The Moth." He was on my floor freshman year.

Guest Evolution

Steering this thread away from the constant plugging of "Prey" (It's a good book, but seriously now).

The Good

Best Episode(s): The Pilot, Walkabout, Exodus I-III

Best Character: John Locke.

Best Actor: Terry O'Quinn.

Best Scene: Tough one. The Others coming to the raft is a good'un, as is the scene on the hill when they get their first signal.

Best Flashback: Locke and his co-worker play Risk(?)

Best Relationship/Friendship: Jin/Michael

Best Surprise/Twist/"OH SNAP!" award: Locke ain't doin' no walkin' about.

Best Character Development/Most Improved: Usually it's hard to pick something like this in the first season of a show, but it was so long that Sawyer was the one who showed obvious development.

Hottest Chick: Shannon.

Studliest Dude: Sawyer.

King of the Island (toughest motherfucker award): Tie between John/Sayid.

The Bad

Worst Episode: Homecoming.

Worst Character: Not a big fan of Danielle.

Worst Actor: Maggie Grace

Worst Scene: Claire's back, and...uh-oh, she don't remember shit.

Worst Flashback: Probably one of Charlie's flashbacks. Choose one, most of them were not interesting.

Worst Relationship/Friendship: Sayid/Shannon. Don't really care.

Worst mystery/"SHOW WHAT'S IN THE GODDAMNED HATCH!!!" award: What happened to Claire when she went missing? Amnesia? You're really going to do that to us?

Worst Character Development/Biggest Decline: Claire. Why? Uh...I forget.

Most Useless character: Shannon. Bitch is only good for eye candy.

Guest Evolution
As someone said, they'll probably have a crappy storyline of them taking half the season to try to get down the hatch.

But if it's something super awesome down in the hatch, are you going to complain that we took all this time to get to this super awesome thing?

But if it's something super awesome down in the hatch, are you going to complain that we took all this time to get to this super awesome thing?

From what they've said, whatever is in it has more of an impact on the Locke character then the impact of shock of what's in it.

I'm guessing either an answer to the Locke being paralyzed, or it's going to be something to makes Locke give up faith on the island because he doesn't get answers, or "hope."

I just don't want to build it up even more than they have, and then they drop the ball on dissapointment. I think the way to get the most viewers in for the season debut is to maybe even tell what's in the hatch that episode. Or advertise it that way too in order to start the season on a good note.

dunno if anyone mentioned this yet but David Fury won't be with Lost for season 2. He will instead be working on The Inside<as most here already know> and he will also be working on the next season of 24<that should be interesting>. Also talks about him possibly doing a project of his own, possibly with JJ Abrams

From what they've said, whatever is in it has more of an impact on the Locke character then the impact of shock of what's in it.

I'm guessing either an answer to the Locke being paralyzed, or it's going to be something to makes Locke give up faith on the island because he doesn't get answers, or "hope."

I just don't want to build it up even more than they have, and then they drop the ball on dissapointment. I think the way to get the most viewers in for the season debut is to maybe even tell what's in the hatch that episode. Or advertise it that way too in order to start the season on a good note.

I thought the impact on Locke's character was that they opened the hatch and it was a huge shaft with nothing in it...

But, I'd be leaning toward whatever is down there making Locke more committed to his goals...whether or not theyre actually his goals is another matter entirely.

Oh, just to mention, at a press conference in LA the writers brought up "string" theory. They said they're headed in a similar direction (making the triangle talk more likely).

And that next season it will be getting X-Files weird. ::Drools::

See...the thing that boggles me is this...

The light turned on in the Hatch at the end of Deux Ex Machina with Locke looking into it.

The next episode shows ZERO Locke, which is when Boone died.

What the hell was Locke doing the whole time?

I was convinced that they had actually either taken him inside or he was captured and brainwashed that night. Now, I'm starting to think he just sat there all night and stared...which lessens the HOLY SHIT factor of that moment.

That's something I really want to know. What the hell happened that night...

Dames

I'm guessing he camped out at the hatch, and like you said, just looked at it all night. He woke up and went back to camp.

If he had gotten inside the hatch, then there would be no reason why he'd continue trying to get into it.

See...the thing that boggles me is this...

The light turned on in the Hatch at the end of Deux Ex Machina with Locke looking into it. 

The next episode shows ZERO Locke, which is when Boone died. 

What the hell was Locke doing the whole time? 

I was convinced that they had actually either taken him inside or he was captured and brainwashed that night.  Now, I'm starting to think he just sat there all night and stared...which lessens the HOLY SHIT factor of that moment.

That's something I really want to know.  What the hell happened that night...

Dames

Dames, I disagree ... if he just sat there hypnotized by the light ... that ADDS to my HS factor ... it'd lessen it if he saw the light, waited a while and then called it a night, but to sit and stare into it for X amount of time. Holy Shit.

Guest shaqaustin34

You all may have answered this alrady but I was wondering when is the premiere for the new season?

Sign in to follow this