TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I absolutely loved that ending montage. Best thing about the episode was Sawyer screwing up and Jack having to kill the marshal. But then, I loved everything. Locke is class. Sayid is still fantastic. I was hoping for more on Charlie's addiction, but I'm sure we'll get ton of that in the future.

Only thing I didn't like was that I was hoping for Kate to be more cold blooded. I hope her crime was a murder. It NEEDS to be cold blooded.

I love this show.

Just watched the tape...then I'll go through the thread. Some notes:

"A miracle will be happening..." Hmm...I really don't know what to think of that. More on that later.

Thought the scene of the black guy running into the Chinese lady was great stuff. You know that's going somewhere.

"She got to you too..." No doubt she's a master manipulator...but I hated how they wouldn't reveal what exactly she did.

The constant flashbacks are such a nice effect, but good lord...that scene of the plane ripping off is so surreal everytime I see it, and then cutting it off right before they actually crash each time is just great. (Referring to the part when he asked what Kate's favor was before they crashed.)

Seeing the US Marshall guy get shot, and STILL LIVE THROUGH IT was one of those "Oh my GOD" moments. Even the Hick, an character who doesn't seem to very sympahtetic, was visibly rattled by it.

Curley is still the man.

End of the show was fucking GREAT. I got goosebumps when they did the pan around on the old guy after the really cool music video, showing how all the people are starting to relate to each other and get along. I'm not sure if the miracle was the dog...but he's fucking something else. That had to be the best part of the show.

I love this show...they leave you each show wondering for answers, they reveal some the next show, but then ask new questions that you HAVE to know. They keep builiding up to each show as if it was the final episode which just keeps you on the each of your seat.

The next episode looks FUCKED. UP. I can't wait another week god damnit!

By the way, Kate is so unbelivablely beautiful. I'm probably going to fall in love with her before the end of the show.

So I get a call from my buddy Ryan while I'm at work.

"Dude, you're gonna be fucking pissed about Lost tonight."

Panic sets in. I call Rudo and he soothes my pain and tells me not so much as it's not what's in the episode as it's the wrong episode. But, in a way I'm glad I didn't see Locke go all buckwild with the knives.

This episode is where the situation set in. It had awesome character growth, funny moments and great direction.

Since nothing didn't work...........

WHAT WORKED

-SAWWWWWWWWWWYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYER. Favorite character on the show. Such a dickhead. "Yeah, great idea, give it to Al-Jhazeera" was the line of the show, followed secondly by Hurley's "All the bodies in there.......and they're..........dead." When he walked out of the tent I was markin' out like a ma'fucka up until the buzz got killed and he got downgraded from Badass to Human Badass with Poor Aim. Kate and Sawyer would be a fabulous Bonnie and Clyde for the island community.

- Lost touched me tonight. It touched me *down there* because what they did with Locke tonight was just a tease. The pants come off next week.

- While Sawyer is my favorite character I'd say Naveen Andrews takes the cake for best acting on the show.

- Charley going for the pregnant chick because he doesn't care. Make it happen, Lost.

- Will Walt find out that it wasn't really his dad who found Vincent?

Pretty good show again, but Im growing tired of seeing the same footage of the plane blowing up over and over again.

You also know that at some point, theres going to be a discussion about letting the dog go since its eating up their food.

Pretty good show again, but Im growing tired of seeing the same footage of the plane blowing up over and over again.

I don't mind it. They obviously do it because of financial reasons (how much money it cost to do that actual episode so they are trying to get out as much of it as they can)...but I can see them doing it because wouldn't you still be having flashbacks about it? Tonight wasn't really that bad. It was only that one great cut scene with Kate and the Marshall.

If they keep it limited to that, then that's good. But if they over play it every episode with every character, then that's a problem.

I loved this episode.. the end was a little weird, when the guy gave his son the dog, they did a close-up of the old guy who found the dog and he had a very weird look on his face. I'm interested in seeing where they go with that.

Did Terry O'Quinn's character usually have green eyes? I noticed for the first time during the final shot of Episode 3 that he had these weird looking green eyes.

Anyways, this was a very good episode. I love how they're doing the slow burn with this, taking their time, letting characters develop, without blowing their wads on heaps of melodrama.

Best new show this season hands down.

You also know that at some point, theres going to be a discussion about letting the dog go since its eating up their food.

Actually there will probably be a discussion about killing the dog because he IS food...

Whatever happened to that Polar Bear they killed? That would feed everyone.

Theory about the U.S. Marshall and Kate: Is it possible that these two were actually married before all the stuff happened, and her committing whatever crime(s) she did? "She got to you too..."

"Let me explain why HE was after me."

Does anyone know a good page with reliable spoilers? This girl I work with is asking me if I know of any, & it'd be A-game to be able to hook her up with a link.

I'm bored so let's ~BRAINSTORM~ for future plot lines.............

- Locke dying next week. Could happen.

- Sawyer going after Shannon. Could happen. Those Playboys he jacked (~!) from the plane will only last so long.

- Hurley is the one behind the plane crash. This is as close to a "given" in terms of plot that we'll get.

- Sun leaving Jin to hang out w/ Michael?

- Sawyer was asking Jack about the type of pills he had which could definetly branch off into something w/ Charley and his nose candy.

- Somebody @ DVDVR brought up the theory that Locke knows where they are and he's not saying anything because he's waiting for another miracle to happen.

Is this show a mini-series or an actual new show? I mean I don't see how it can go past one season.

You know I hear this a lot... and I don't get it.

I can think of about ten ways to push this series into the 3 or 4 season mark, at least.

Hell the first season alone is only the first, what is it, 40 days of them on the island???

Then the second season picks up later, as they start to adjust to life. Alliances, defections, relationships, Lord of the Flies type stuff, splitting into groups, "nations" (kinda like Adebisi did in S4 of Oz :headbang: ), long term war betwen them, the possibilities are pretty endless, especially with the great character development we've seen so far, which means they can do entire episodes that have little to do with rumblings in the forest, just character drama, and it should still be interesting. And I haven't even mentioned all the mysterious strange stuff on the island.

Creatively, I can see this show going for 4 years, assuming the ratings are there.

Is this show a mini-series or an actual new show? I mean I don't see how it can go past one season.

You know I hear this a lot... and I don't get it.

I can think of about ten ways to push this series into the 3 or 4 season mark, at least.

Hell the first season alone is only the first, what is it, 40 days of them on the island???

Then the second season picks up later, as they start to adjust to life. Alliances, defections, relationships, Lord of the Flies type stuff, splitting into groups, "nations" (kinda like Adebisi did in S4 of Oz :headbang: ), long term war betwen them, the possibilities are pretty endless, especially with the great character development we've seen so far, which means they can do entire episodes that have little to do with rumblings in the forest, just character drama, and it should still be interesting. And I haven't even mentioned all the mysterious strange stuff on the island.

Creatively, I can see this show going for 4 years, assuming the ratings are there.

I think it's because mainly, everyone watching, or at least everyone I've talked to about it, is eagerly anticipating finding out where they actually are and what's on the island. It's going to be hard to drag that out past one season beacuse I don't think so many people are going to want to be left hanging that long.

I don't think we'll actually see TTITJ (The Thing in The Jungle) next week but the shot of Locke looking up at it tells me two things:

A) Locke dies.

B) We get more info on it.

Sawyer is the devil-on-the-shoulder of all the characters, so I see him and Charley eventually going at it once Charley gets into withdrawl. Certainly there will be a fight between him and the Pregnant Aussie. I expect him to slip into the Michael/Koreans feud.

Hurley and Locke will become the greatest odd couple ever.

I think the idea that Locke knows where they are could work out incredibly well. I also like the Charley goes for Jack's pills possibility. I don't like the idea of Hurley being behind the plane crash, it just doesn't seem right.

Anyone else think the accusations of Sayid being a terrorist may be the biggest cause of eventually splitting into seperate groups?

C'mon, you can't see Hurley in the back of the plane looking for something to eat. He sees a loose string coming out from the floor. He pulls on it. He sees a sign that says "Don't pull on string". He says "Uh Oh". And the plane begins to crash.

Guest Evolution

I also think that Sawyer is going to be after Shannon. As for the other plot line theories...perhaps.

Anyone else think the accusations of Sayid being a terrorist may be the biggest cause of eventually splitting into seperate groups?

I said that earlier...not the seperation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out tob e a terrorist. He's too good to be true.

And if Locke dies this early, that will be stupid. He's one of the characters that needs to be around until the end. Or at least until they explain what his deal is.

I think Locke kills whatever was in the tree because he seems to be the hunter of the group...but I don't think his kill will be the monster that killed the Pilot.

I said that earlier...not the seperation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out tob e a terrorist. He's too good to be true.

I don't doubt that Sayid is/was a terrorist. However he's a smart guy and, like Jack, realizes that there is no point in dwelling on the past - you're stuck on the island and if you want to survive you NEED to work together.

Getting worried about Hurley. If something fatal is going to happen to this group, I think that it'd be most devastating if it happened to him (since it ain't happening to Doc Salinger). Just a thought.

I heard a very interesting theory over on EWBattleground.com by a guy named Ringmaster (possible small spoilers) :

"Anyone got any theories on what the whole story is? I'm thinking they're all in purgatory. They all have something somewhat bad about them (although some characters' badness hasn't been introduced yet) and this is the waiting room between hell and heaven. The beast probably kills the people who's destiny has been chosen. It's kind of been hinted with the creepy guy and the way Jack said that they are all dead now and should start again."

Could they pull that off? I don't know. It's a very interesting idea, though.

I love this shit.

"Anyone got any theories on what the whole story is? I'm thinking they're all in purgatory. They all have something somewhat bad about them (although some characters' badness hasn't been introduced yet) and this is the waiting room between hell and heaven. The beast probably kills the people who's destiny has been chosen. It's kind of been hinted with the creepy guy and the way Jack said that they are all dead now and should start again."

Man, that's some thought. If they pulled that off, then I'd be satisfied.

I had the WEIRDEST thought for an idea for an ending:

Locke, Jack, and Kate are the only ones left living when help somehow arrives, but Locke's in rough shape and is in a coma and stopped breathing or something.

Point being, they get on the whatever that saves them and are asked "Are there any others?" before they leave, and Jack says "No."

Kate: What about Locke?

*pan over of the island as you see the plane/boat that saves the two take off and it shows you the wreckage still left from the crash, and then some of the bodies and then a close-up on Locke who is pretty much dead.

Close up on his face...and his eyes open.*

End.

I know that wouldn't make sense at all because they'd want to go through all the other bodies and not leave anything there, but still. That would be freaky.

And if Locke dies this early, that will be stupid. He's one of the characters that needs to be around until the end. Or at least until they explain what his deal is.

I think Locke kills whatever was in the tree because he seems to be the hunter of the group...but I don't think his kill will be the monster that killed the Pilot.

The thing in the tree and the thing that killed the pilot are one in the same.

Sign in to follow this