TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DCMaximo

Metal Hammer's 100 Heaviest Albums

Because during Dickinson's first stint with Maiden they failed to make any kind of attempt at truly evolving and changing their sound.

Bzzz. Wrong.

Synths. Period.

And GreatOne, don't all these song have a guitar intro of relatively similar length, a solo that doesn't change all that much form song to song, and Bruce screaming at the end?

I know you didn't ask me, but again: Bzzzz. Wrong.

Number Of The Beast has a spoken-word intro, Run To The Hills has a drum intro, and The Clairvoyant has a bass intro.

Do all of the songs share a common sound anyway though? Of course they do, because they were written by the same 3 friggin' guys.

Is it somewhat formulaic? Yes. But then again, so is all music. I mean, they're a metal band: how many metal bands DON'T normally start songs with guitar intros and have solos that some people can't distinguish between?

Guest GreatOne
And GreatOne, don't all these song have a guitar intro of relatively similar length, a solo that doesn't change all that much form song to song, and Bruce screaming at the end?

The only ones that have intros--i.e. you never hear it again during the song--are Aces High, Revelations, and Hallowed By The Name--which is also a slower vocal intro. As far as the screaming, the last vocals of Trooper was the regular chorus so no, Sea Of Madness went out with the outro chorus so not there either.

You can usually take two or three (in this case four) albums from any band and tie them together, whether it be Lightning/Puppets or Reign/South of Heaven/Seasons and point at the similarities, but that doesn't necessarily mean the albums are similar, same deal with Maiden. Would you take a song from Piece Of Mind and put it on Powerslave, or take one off Somewhere In Time and put it on Number Of The Beast?

You wouldn't be able to use songs from Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and use them on any other album, because during this era, Maiden was using synth's for their sound.

Guest GreatOne
You wouldn't be able to use songs from Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and use them on any other album, because during this era, Maiden was using synth's for their sound.

That was more or less a rhetorical question.