TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Guest GreatOne

Don't look now, but the M's--who at last check were going for the ever-so-infamous 'Ichiro outbats our winning percentage' record, are laying a whoopin to the Red Sox, which means barring an eight-run comeback in the 9th, they're one game away from a split. Please fucking give me that!!!!!!!

Guest GreatOne

7-1 as Madritsch goes eight shutout innings in what has to be his best start to date. Ichiro gets two more hits and now needs 30 hits in the last 29 games to break the record. And in what will be the highlight of AngleSault's night, the Yanks gain a game and a half.

Oh yeah, the Sox played tonight. As long as this is the only loss of the series (they ran into a pitcher who pitched the game of his career so far. It happens), it'll be fine. A split? Hmm, not what I'd like. Losing 3 out of 4 or being swept? If I might channel my inner AS here, that would be completely unacceptable.

Rafael Furcal was arrested earlier this morning on suspicions of DUI.

...and in other news, the MLB are deciding on whether to fine Steinbrenner for his comments on the the failed forfeit request earlier this week.

I remember a few years ago, when Rafael was in his first or second year in the major leagues, he got arrested for underage drinking, as he was only 19 or 20. I remember how at the time I couldn't believe that.

Looks like a pattern?

It was amusing to see that after the Yankees did all that whining about a forfeit that they simply swept the double header against the D Rays. See guys, it's not so hard to squash a jobber.

Guest Staravenger

So did the Yankees make up all the games with the Devil Rays, or is there still one more left? I lost track with all the damn rain delays this week.

Guest GreatOne
It was amusing to see that after the Yankees did all that whining about a forfeit that they simply swept the double header against the D Rays. See guys, it's not so hard to squash a jobber.

Yeah it's MLB's version of HHH vs. Tommy Dreamer :D

Rafael Furcal was arrested earlier this morning on suspicions of DUI.

Well, damn. How long will he be out? He picked a lousy time to do this, what with my fantasy baseball playoffs and all.

And if you needed further proof Baker is an idiot, he's got Alou and Ramirez benched in Game 1, not to mention, has Goodwin batting second in the lineup. This is against Carl Pavano. What the hell? Why not start Ramirez and Alou in the first game when you're facing a guy like Pavano and bench them in Game 2, which is against a SINGLE A pitcher?

And in a shocking turn of events, the Cubs work themselves out of a run with more bad baserunning. Goodwin gets picked off of first after a false start towards second, so of course, Nomar nails a double on the next pitch. And just to keep things going, Sosa commits an error in the next inning. Sigh.

Guest Staravenger

Reading the Cubs doing that just gets funnier every day. Not to be mean, but after all these times SOMEONE hasn't had a chat with the team about running the bases wisely and they just keep fucking up.

This team has become almost comically bad lately. I'm not even upset anymore; it's just hilarious how they're making such common errors. It's even funnier that the two scrubs in this game that I said shouldn't be in there have two errors and a pickoff between them. Like with the Expos, in this game you've got the Cubs flubbing on simple plays and the other team making fantastic diving plays.

Two unearned runs for Woody already? Shit.

I feel like I need to take a break from baseball this weekend. The Cubs getting off to such an inglorious start against the Marlins is a sure sign of a high stress weekend for me, so I think I should probably just say fuck it and watch a whole lot of football instead.

I won't do it, of course, but I feel I should.

Two unearned runs for Woody already?  Shit.

No. Four. The next two coming courtesy of a little leaguesque play from Sammy Sosa and Corey Patterson being unable to decide on who catches a flyball that would've ended the sixth. Even Chip and Steve aren't holding their tongues about how horrible the Cubs are right now.

EDIT: I guess it is only two unearned, although anyone who sees that last play will know it should've been four unearned.

Guest Anglesault
It was amusing to see that after the Yankees did all that whining about a forfeit that they simply swept the double header against the D Rays.

I'm sure there is a point, but I have no idea what it may be. The Yankees were never afraid of Devil Rays. They were pointing out a rule that idiot commisioner failed to invoke for some reason (well, we know why) while deciding to invoke it under similar circumstances last year.