TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algrim

Unforgiven this Sunday

1. Chris Jericho 99/12/12 Fort Lauderdale, FL

-=-Title held up after a match against Chyna on 1999/12/28 in Richmond, VA with disputed pinfalls by two referees. -=-

2. Chris Jericho [2] & Chyna [2] 00/01/03 Miami, FL

-=-Both wrestlers awarded the title with a stipulation that if one loses, both lose the title.-=-

2.5 Chris Jericho [2] 00/01/23 New York, NY

3. Chris Jericho [3] 00/05/02 Richmond, VA

4. Chris Jericho [4] 01/01/21 New Orleans, LA

5. Chris Jericho [5] 02/09/16 Denver, CO

6. Chris Jericho [6] 03/10/27 Fayetteville, NC

Guest Tjhe CyNick

PPV might be alright wrestling wise, but in terms of build, I think this is the worst of the year. I wouldn't be suprised to see this one set some records, but not the ones WWE usually hope for.

HHH-Orton has been horribly rushed to the point that the match has no appeal to me.

Kane-HBK has had no real build aside form the injury angle, which was killed by HBK appearaing on TV at the Republican Convention.

JEricho-Christian is thrown together but should be good. Seems risky for Christian.

The Benoit match doesn't belong on PPV.

Rhyno-Tajiri/La Res has been done so many times on TV, I dont take it seriously as a PPV match. Plus, I'm pretty sure Tajiri is hurt, so I doubt they'll win.

Trish-Victoria....do they even have an issue?

Guest wrestlingbs

I still can't believe they blew Orton-HHH on this PPV. It would have been much sweeter to have done a slower build until Survivor series, where both would be looked at as established MEs.

I still can't believe they blew Orton-HHH on this PPV. It would have been much sweeter to have done a slower build until Survivor series, where both would be looked at as established MEs.

If that means more segments of Orton running from HHH and HHH cutting promos about how he will DESTROY Orton, no thanks, I'd rather they end it at Unforgiven.

PPV might be alright wrestling wise, but in terms of build, I think this is the worst of the year. I

The Great American Bash didn't even have half of the card announced until the day before the PPV.

PPV might be alright wrestling wise, but in terms of build, I think this is the worst of the year. I

The Great American Bash didn't even have half of the card announced until the day before the PPV.

Neither did Judgment Day. This PPV had a match announced for it weeks ago (La Res vs Tajiri/Rhyno), but the feud has sucked. Triple H vs Orton started building the night after Summerslam, so it hasn't been THAT rushed. Sure, it's the type of big match that SHOULD have been drawn out more, but at least Triple H didn't get named the number one contender until two weeks before the ppv like Orton did with Summerslam.

Bad Blood and Vengeance were both solid, yet extremely dull. I expect no less or more from this one.

Guest PlatinumBoy

I don't think the problem is guys like Jericho gunning for the IC belt for the past 4-5 years, it's the value of the belt. In the 80's guys like Savage and Greg Valentine, and lateron Perfect and Ramon and HBK could go for it and contend for years--and it didn't look bad, since it's such (was such) a prestigious belt. But now that it's lost some of that prestige, it looks bad for Jericho to go from Undisputed Champ to fighting for the belt Road Dogg and Godfather held.

Let me make this perfectly clear.

Jeff Jarrett is a 6-time WWF Intercontinental Champion.

Chris Jericho is a 5-time WWF/E Intercontinental Champion.

Jericho is not 6-time champion. On television, and RIGHTFULLY SO, he is billed as a 5-time champion. His co-reign with Chyna did not constitute ANOTHER title reign. He just shared his champoionship. He's been billed as a 5-time champion multiple times.

Hey Platinum Boy, good point, but...

More people WATCHED Road Dogg and Godfather defend the title...

then watch today's batch (RVD, Jericho, Christian, Edge) defend the title...

So which title period is more prestigious?

Can we pin this to be the PPV thread tonight rather than start a new one? Yes, people, the RAW PPV is today!

So, Jericho, if he wins, is a 7 time champion? And he's only been in the company for 5 years? And he didn't hold the IC Title from April '01-Sept. '02? And the title wasn't around for around 8 monthes? So in approximatly 3 years, when the year and five month period in which he didn't hold the title and the 8 monthes the title wasn't around are considered, he at Unforgiven would have held the belt 7 times? 7 times in 3 years?

exploding-head.gif

Is it me, or does everyone else think this PPV doesn't look all that good? Oh well, hopefully some of the matches won't be so bad.

Another think I hope they change for tonight is the rumored craptacular DQ finish for the ME. :throwup:

Triple H can throw Orton thought the Unforgiven sign and the PPV can end in a no-contest, ala Unforgiven 2002.

Brilliant!

"Uh Randy Uh, No One Believes We Can Lose, We're Too Good Uh, So It'll Take Months Before I can...I mean...One of Us Can Get a Win"

Triple H can throw Orton thought the Unforgiven sign and the PPV can end in a no-contest, ala Unforgiven 2002.

Brilliant!

"Uh Randy Uh, No One Believes We Can Lose, We're Too Good Uh, So It'll Take Months Before I can...I mean...One of Us Can Get a Win"

I think the only positive of a no-contest brawl like that would be that it might add a tiny bit of intensity to their rematch.

Of course, the rematch will probably be on Raw tomorrow night, go about 12 minutes, and end in a huge screwjob with Hunter getting the belt.

Or they could do the shitty DQ finish leading up to the rematch at Taboo with whatever stipulation added. I'd like to see a First Blood match or a Street Fight myself.

I can see them doing a NO DQ finish for two reasons. 1. It is a Triple H match. 2. It is the beginning of the feud.

History shows that last year HHH DQ'd himself during PPV matches with Steiner and Nash. The only exception was his feud with Goldberg. Hopefully they don't do the DQ finish because the PPV looks weak already

Let me make this perfectly clear.

Jeff Jarrett is a 6-time WWF Intercontinental Champion.

Chris Jericho is a 5-time WWF/E Intercontinental Champion.

Jericho is not 6-time champion. On television, and RIGHTFULLY SO, he is billed as a 5-time champion. His co-reign with Chyna did not constitute ANOTHER title reign. He just shared his champoionship. He's been billed as a 5-time champion multiple times.

Nope- he's a 6 time champ

He beat Chyna at Armageddon

Became unified champ at Royal Rumble

Beat Benoit on RAW

Beat Benoit at the Royal Rumble

Beat RVD on RAW

Beat RVD on RAW

The co-champions ending means another title reign for Jericho IMO.

I can see them doing a NO DQ finish for two reasons. 1. It is a Triple H match. 2. It is the beginning of the feud.

Two very valid points.

History shows that last year HHH DQ'd himself during PPV matches with Steiner and Nash. The only exception was his feud with Goldberg. Hopefully they don't do the DQ finish because the PPV looks weak already

Actually, I think the card looks tons better when compared to last year's.

Barron, he is a 5-time champion.

Chyna is a 3-time champion, because a new title reign for STARTED when she became a co-champion with Jericho.

WWE.com and WWE broadcasts have pegged Jericho is a 5-time champion multiple times. Heyman (when a WWE announcer) even ran down Jericho's IC Title reigns on a broadcast. Jericho was never announced as a new champion or having lost the title during his 1st title reign.

ChrisJericho.com lists the following...

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

-World Wrestling Federation-

1. Dec 12,1999 - From Chyna- Ft Lauderdale, Fl

Feb 27 2000 - To Kurt Angle - Hartford CT

And he has controversial title reigns like the win over HHH at State College for the WWF Title in 2000 included.

He won't win #6 tonight, anyhow, IMO.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
I was hoping Trips didn't win the title tonight and continues his tradition of winning the World Title at WWE Armageddon without deserving it.

Wait... I thought Armageddon was SD! and RAW gets Taboo Tuesday.

Will someone post the rest of the PPVs this year?

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Neither did Judgment Day. This PPV had a match announced for it weeks ago (La Res vs Tajiri/Rhyno), but the feud has sucked. Triple H vs Orton started building the night after Summerslam, so it hasn't been THAT rushed. Sure, it's the type of big match that SHOULD have been drawn out more, but at least Triple H didn't get named the number one contender until two weeks before the ppv like Orton did with Summerslam.

Bad Blood and Vengeance were both solid, yet extremely dull. I expect no less or more from this one.

JD was probably close to this PPV in terms of crappy build.

GAB, although it had a horrible line-up, did have decent build for the top half of the card. The issue between Eddie and JBL was hot, and I thought the build for this match was good.

The Taker-Heyman issue had also been going on for a while, and the deal with Bearer was built for weeks prior to the PPV.

Even the US and CW title matches featured matches that had existing programs built into it.

But its fair to say the bottom 4 matches were thrown together at the last minute.

This PPV tonight was largely thrown together at the last minute as well. Christian-Jericho was added last minute, Victoria-Trish and the Benoit-Reg tag matches reek of being thrown together. And even Kane-HBK which has a backstory, was totally botched with HBK appearing at the convension with no ill effects. And we've still only got 6 matches, I bet another one (or two) get added tonight before the show.

But this PPV will likely be better than the other 2 because it has better workers on it.

I was hoping Trips didn't win the title tonight and continues his tradition of winning the World Title at WWE Armageddon without deserving it.

Wait... I thought Armageddon was SD! and RAW gets Taboo Tuesday.

Will someone post the rest of the PPVs this year?

No Mercy is SD for sure.

Taboo Tuesday should be Raw

SurSer is co-brand, natch.

Armageddon is SD, I think, and NWO is Raw.

Rumble is co-brand, of course.

I really enjoyed the promo by Dave there, especially the randomness of the "where the hell did you get that shirt?" comment.