TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algrim

Unforgiven this Sunday

Yeah, because both Benoit and Jericho benefitted so much from their title feuds with HHH.

It would draw more money than Tough Enough winners or people coming out of the minor league years before they are ready.

In all seriousness who are the contenders for HHH title?

HBK

Jericho

Benoit

Kane

Rock

These are the only people that I can think of who can have a good match with HHH. Now if you want "new" people in the title hunt you might be asking too much from the champ. Do you really want to see HHH carry his opponet in matches like he did in the feud vs Eugene? Do you want to see HHH attempt to carry Robert Conway in a main event? I don't know about you but I don't want to see that. I would rather see a gimmick match with Rock in a cage or something than HHH giving the "rub" to the students of the Pritchard Wrestling School of Suck.

I think I see a plan of WWE unfolding...

Remember at Summerslam, how the seeds were planted for Smackdown vs. Raw by Bischoff and Long?

Well, HHH has the World Heavyweight Championship...

And the Undertaker's got his WWE Title match against JBL...

Survivor Series...Triple H vs. The Undertaker...Champion vs. Champion?

What else can the two magnificent Canadian Chris' do?

Nothing. They're fucked. I gave it a minute of thought and couldn't think of anything particularly worthwhile. There is nothing productive either guy can do on the show. And Smackdown doesn't look good either. Which is exactly the way HHH likes it. He's the only option for everything.

Guest GreatOne

Alright RRR, fantasy booking time! What else can the two magnificent Canadian Chris' do?

I'd assume do the normal smark booking up the ass of Benoit-Jericho (cue the 'Robotian Crappler' promos!!!!) for the next 32 PPVs while HHH slowly drifts down from Orton to Edge to Kane to Michaels to Christian to Tomko to Maven to Richards....jobbing each time.

Of course the day Vince McMahon sees that even less people care about the product (with that booking) than do now Rudo'll be booked in a 'Kiss My Ass Club' segment :D

Guest Rrrsh

So do we get HHH/HBK and Orton/Batista?

BTW, Shawn should turn heel NOW. Way to many faces on RAW now, even if Edge turns heel (which by last weeks promo, it dosnt look that way. It looks like Tweener city) Jericho, Regal, Eugene, Benoit, Orton, Benjerman, Micheals. And all the heels have is Chrsitian, Evo (3 members) and Kane. Plus Rock is always a wildcard.

Someone needs to turn heel. HHH needs to quit being a bitch and turning people faces who are more over than him.

HHH is death to anyone not associated with him (HBK, Orton), so the answer is to get _him_ out of the picture and rebuild RAW. Which they will never do, which will never happen, which makes me laugh at the thought. Orton at least had some fresh match-ups in him, but he'd never execute it well as a face (and as a Heel he'd be holding HHH's spot) so that's not a favourable option either.

Survivor Series...Triple H vs. The Undertaker...Champion vs. Champion?

Please. God. No.

Yes, I've been waiting for this ever since their explosive match at King of the Ring 2002! Surf's up, homies!

Here's my opinion which isn't really relevant!

Good!

-Production values and music videos were OFF THE CHARTS. Like, seriously, that carried the entire PPV. The set was awesome as well. I don't know what they did, but it looked really, really good tonight.

-Christian/Tomko/Trish and Kane and Lita's first skit were pretty funny, and the commentary tonight by Lawler and Ross seemed to really click.

-BIGDAVE carries Benoit and crew to a watchable match. ***

-The ladder match, which while being VERY, very dangerous, was an entertaining spotfest. Not as good as RVD/Christian from last year, though. ***1/2

-The World Title match, I really enjoyed. I didn't mind all the needless run-ins at the end, because it's not like I wasn't expecting it. I can now sleep knowing the title is back on Triple H. Better than Orton/Benoit II. ***1/2-***3/4

Remember kids, I'm not a trained professional. I can, and will, throw out many stars. Do not attempt.

Average!

-The useless tag team title match!

-The women's title match!

-Shawn Michaels vs. Kane which wasn't worth the No DQ stipulation! **

Ugly!

-Jericho swallowing a ladder with his ass

-Triple H's chairshot on Randy Orton

-Stevie vs. Tomko, -** Worst match of the year thus far.

Good show, I'd say. Better than Bad Blood, Vengeance and way better than last year's Unforgiven. Like I said, something seemed to click with me about the set design, production and commentary.

Guest GreatOne
Yes, I've been waiting for this ever since their explosive match at King of the Ring 2002! Surf's up, homies!

Or in my case their 'awesome' (as in 'aw, I gotta take a leak!) match in San Diego six days before....................

To the people protesting the HHH/Taker idea I had...think of it this way...it has the POTENTIAL to be better than their KOTR 2002 match.

HHH seems to finally be back in good working mode, judging by a few of his recent matches.

And then there's the skills Taker seemed to pick up in 2003 I believe (causing the calling of MUGATaker for him)

So, in that aspect, it could be a better bout.

I'd assume do the normal smark booking up the ass of Benoit-Jericho (cue the 'Robotian Crappler' promos!!!!) for the next 32 PPVs while HHH slowly drifts down from Orton to Edge to Kane to Michaels to Christian to Tomko to Maven to Richards....jobbing each time.

Funny you say that...

Posted: Sep 6 2004, 07:41 PM

Heyman is at RAW in a very familiar position. No, not hiding from debtors, though that is not out of the realm of possibility, but rather as a writer. What does this mean for RAW?

Rudo's UNCENSORED Take:

*Walks down a back alley, wearing a greyish trenchcoat, cigarette in-hand, black-and-white footage, shot at a skewed angle*

Well I see here now Paul Heyman is back on RAW. Whoopidee doo. The Grand Jewba is back to save all us smarks from the reign of terror that has been RAW. The DIVA search is running OUT of control and OUT of gas, the storylines are repetitive, and there is a champion whom many feel isn't ready and doesn't deserve the push he's getting, and here comes Paul E. to save us... Wait a second... Skanky, Foul-Mouthed Women on TV... Repetitive Storylines... Undeserving champion... Hell, Paul HAS been writing RAW, only he called it ECW in 2000.

Here's what we're going to get from Paul E. Jericho turning heel. Jericho leading Christian and Edge against Benoit. Benoit vs. Jericho all throughout the rest of the year. Why? Because that's what Paul does. He knows that if he puts Benoit out there with Jericho it's a no-fail situation. Just like with Angle in 02/03. They have no issue, there is no character development, there is just two guys in the ring wrestling and hell, everyone will be happy with it because for that moment (and for that moment only), you'll see some good television. Nevermind this does nothing for them in the long-run, nevermind that it keeps them stuck in the midcard, nevermind that it's all recycled material - hey, you're getting good matches and good promos so who cares? *takes a long puff*

*exhales*

Maybe it's good Paul E. is back on the scene, maybe he's changed and has a fresh vision for the future of RAW... yeah, and maybe these things are good for me. *Throws down Cigarette*

- From http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...pic=60617&st=30

Guest fanofcoils

Honestly the only thing I care about on Raw tomorrow night is the diva boxing thing. I bet this PPV will get a low buyrate.

Guest wildpegasus
What else can the two magnificent Canadian Chris' do?

Nothing. They're fucked. I gave it a minute of thought and couldn't think of anything particularly worthwhile. There is nothing productive either guy can do on the show. And Smackdown doesn't look good either. Which is exactly the way HHH likes it. He's the only option for everything.

Benoit was wasted tonight. I imagine it's time for another Jericho squashing if need be by HHH.

One thing I'd like to see them do with Benoit is face him off against Regal but it looks like it's Batista for now.

I left the PPV early because I had no interest in watching HHH vs Orton. Was the match any good?

Guest Rrrsh
To the people protesting the HHH/Taker idea I had...think of it this way...it has the POTENTIAL to be better than their KOTR 2002 match.

HHH seems to finally be back in good working mode, judging by a few of his recent matches.

And then there's the skills Taker seemed to pick up in 2003 I believe (causing the calling of MUGATaker for him)

Why is HHH better? He has been wrestling HBK (who he has mad chemistry with) and Benoit (God). A fucking monkey could "look better" with that pairing. His matches with Eugene have blown hard, and even his 1-on-1 Benoit matches have been "good" or "pretty good". When most with him or "great" or "freakin awesome"

Guest Rrrsh
Now that Orton doesn't have the belt, at least he will probably stop running away and actually try to fight now.

Maybe.

Thats not his charicter at all. So I hope not.

Alright RRR, fantasy booking time! What else can the two magnificent Canadian Chris' do?

Of course the day Vince McMahon sees that even less people care about the product (with that booking) than do now Rudo'll be booked in a 'Kiss My Ass Club' segment :D

I rate Mr. Zsasz 2.0 1/8 of an Adam West and one George Clooney. Please get a new gimmick.

Good post, RRR.

Guest GreatOne

Funny you say that...

Posted: Sep 6 2004, 07:41 PM

Heyman is at RAW in a very familiar position. No, not hiding from debtors, though that is not out of the realm of possibility, but rather as a writer. What does this mean for RAW?

Rudo's UNCENSORED Take:

*Walks down a back alley, wearing a greyish trenchcoat, cigarette in-hand, black-and-white footage, shot at a skewed angle*

Well I see here now Paul Heyman is back on RAW. Whoopidee doo. The Grand Jewba is back to save all us smarks from the reign of terror that has been RAW. The DIVA search is running OUT of control and OUT of gas, the storylines are repetitive, and there is a champion whom many feel isn't ready and doesn't deserve the push he's getting, and here comes Paul E. to save us... Wait a second... Skanky, Foul-Mouthed Women on TV... Repetitive Storylines... Undeserving champion... Hell, Paul HAS been writing RAW, only he called it ECW in 2000.

Here's what we're going to get from Paul E. Jericho turning heel. Jericho leading Christian and Edge against Benoit. Benoit vs. Jericho all throughout the rest of the year. Why? Because that's what Paul does. He knows that if he puts Benoit out there with Jericho it's a no-fail situation. Just like with Angle in 02/03. They have no issue, there is no character development, there is just two guys in the ring wrestling and hell, everyone will be happy with it because for that moment (and for that moment only), you'll see some good television. Nevermind this does nothing for them in the long-run, nevermind that it keeps them stuck in the midcard, nevermind that it's all recycled material - hey, you're getting good matches and good promos so who cares? *takes a long puff*

*exhales*

Maybe it's good Paul E. is back on the scene, maybe he's changed and has a fresh vision for the future of RAW... yeah, and maybe these things are good for me. *Throws down Cigarette*

- From http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...pic=60617&st=30

Cue the Gary Cole voice from Office Space

That's greaaaaaaaaaaat.....................

Of course Heyman's above pushing a champion whom many feel isn't ready and doesn't deserve the push he's getting, yessirree........................

I rate Mr. Zsasz 2.0 1/8 of an Adam West and one George Clooney. Please get a new gimmick.

Uh, yeah..........................

Why is HHH better? He has been wrestling HBK (who he has mad chemistry with) and Benoit (God). A fucking monkey could "look better" with that pairing. His matches with Eugene have blown hard, and even his 1-on-1 Benoit matches have been "good" or "pretty good". When most with him or "great" or "freakin awesome"

Compare HHH's work in 2002 with any of those matches, plus throw in his matches with Booker T and Shelton Benjamin, which I thought were surprisingly good.

Hell, he even had a surprisingly good match with Tajiri this past year, and made it almost seem like Tajiri was a superstar compared.

That's just my opinion though.

Your reading comprehension isn't particularly good.

I was against Heymans inclusion there, I parodied the Orton/Credible connection, and I was also against Benoit/Jericho.

RRR: Always having to

S P E L L I T O U T for Greatone.

Though I do approve of the Lumberg voice.

Here's what we have to look forward to:

Another six months of Jericho/Christian.

Another six months of HHH/Orton.

Another six months of Kane/Lita.

Kinda makes you want to hibernate until March, don't it?

edit: I'll just keep myself entertained by staring at Angle-plex's Trish sig.

That's better.

Edited by Y2Jerk

Uh, yeah..........................

For that display of "wit," I downgrade you to 1/32 of an Adam West, and 4 George Clooneys.

Guest fanofcoils

I thought Orton's heel character was nice this year and last year, now I don't know what his character is and his music sucks.

I don't buy Orton's act at all. Shelton Benjamin would be more believable than him.

Especially since Benjamin already has 2 victories over HHH.

Might have become 3 if HBK didn't get involved in their third match.